Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 26th, 2018, 8:37pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Buffalo & Pittsburgh
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Western Pennsylvania
(Moderator: fquig)
   Buffalo & Pittsburgh
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Buffalo & Pittsburgh  (Read 15705 times)
Jim_O.
Historian
Re: Buffalo & Pittsburgh

« Reply #140 on: Jul 4th, 2007, 4:33pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

That's just weird...

Jim O.
towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #141 on: Jul 5th, 2007, 10:42pm »

People do keep a eye open for strange happenings these days. We had the police show up cause we had a lone worker fixing a joint bar. Hirail was parked out of site from the road and the passer by thought somebody was taking the track apart. Sad to say these days its good people keep there eyes open. I would sugest asking for ID not giving any lip, and cooler heads revail.

Railfan Safely, And always respect private property.
towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #142 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 5:47pm »

I hear talks of SD90's   have these guys been spotted?   Are they going to be a lease to buy plan like the WLE?   Or are these the units the WLE was looking to buy?

EMTRailfan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #143 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 7:10pm »

on Aug 29th, 2007, 5:47pm, towny72 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I hear talks of SD90's   have these guys been spotted?   Are they going to be a lease to buy plan like the WLE?   Or are these the units the WLE was looking to buy?

I saw somewhere, possibly the yahoo group, that they are in Butler now.  May take a drive this weekend.  Don't know any details on the other part of you post.

Choo-choos and whoo-whoos!!!
My Railpictures.net
My RRPA
My NON RR pics
splicer65
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #144 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 8:35pm »

Wade Massie has photographed 5 of 6 at Butler and they are NOT the W&LE units.

Paul

« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2007, 8:38pm by splicer65 » Logged
towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #145 on: Aug 29th, 2007, 8:48pm »

That is good to hear. I am hopen to see somebody purchase these giants and put a differnt coat of paint then UP. I guess CP has a few way up north, WLE or B&P.... Are they in service or being serviced at Buttler?

rnetzlof

« Reply #146 on: Aug 31st, 2007, 11:16pm »

A couple of them went north through Brockway this afternoon on the regular freight train. Also saw a couple southbound 2 or 3 days ago.

Bob Netzlof
Steel_Wheels
Chaser

« Reply #147 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 6:48pm »

Confusion is reigning supremem in my head right now!!

I just read that CN railroad has commenced operations into DuBois , Pa.

The rails into Dubois are operated by B&P, and i have seen boxcars leaving weyerhauser paper's plant there but not enough to justify CN coming there themselves financially!

Somebody know more than i do here? Anybody know something i don't?

Are they trying to get into DuBois to claim and  restore the "Clearfield and Mahoning" branch of the ol d BR&P to clearfield to hook into R.J. Corman outside Curwensville to get in the ethanol traffic?

It makes no sense to want trackage rights into Dubois for a class 1, there is not enough traffic to keep them happy there, they must be coming down from the Keating end of the line as they have trackage over NS to that junction, but what is interesting them in Dubois?

towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #148 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 8:26pm »

Steel wheels, whats your source for the info? If its railway age dont take much to heart! They report incorrect info as often as the sun sets!

Steel_Wheels
Chaser

« Reply #149 on: Sep 19th, 2007, 9:29pm »

It came from a DuBois city council write up in the Clearfield paper "Dubois city council was informed that CN railroad has commenced operations in and out of DuBois as of yesterday......"  

This was in the Clearfield Progress of Sept. 18th 2007

firedog911
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #150 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 3:40pm »

Here is the URL for the CN website listing DuBois as a transload site.

http://tinyurl.com/2qde34

RJ

minnesotamatt
TRAINing

« Reply #151 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 7:35pm »

did you read the site?? It says the rail is serviced by BPRR not CN and at the bottom of the page it says it was last updated in 2005, so its been that way for awhile.

Matt

« Last Edit: Sep 21st, 2007, 7:36pm by minnesotamatt » Logged
rnetzlof

020806a.jpg - 42633 Bytes
« Reply #152 on: Sep 21st, 2007, 9:35pm »

CN operates a transload facility, mainly for whatever it is you see in packages on centerbeam flat cars. Rail cars come in, big forklift piles the packages in an open field. Flatbed trucks come in, packages get loaded onto the trucks.

B&P brings the rail cars, from Buffalo, I suppose.

It's been operating for a year or two now. Big sign at the entrance says it's CN. See attached photo.

Bob Netzlof

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WestPenn/020806a.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Bob Netzlof
Steel_Wheels
Chaser

« Reply #153 on: Sep 23rd, 2007, 11:43am »

Well that explains it. like i said i've saw CN cars but never any motive power, just cars behind B&P engines.

netzlof is this terminal near weyerhauser? thats where i see the cars coming in and out of.

firedog911
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #154 on: Sep 24th, 2007, 6:16pm »

on Sep 21st, 2007, 7:35pm, minnesotamatt wrote:       (Click here for original message)
did you read the site?? It says the rail is serviced by BPRR not CN and at the bottom of the page it says it was last updated in 2005, so its been that way for awhile.

Matt

Did you read who's website it was CN. So yes CN has reached into DuBois.

minnesotamatt
TRAINing

« Reply #155 on: Sep 24th, 2007, 9:38pm »

CN my own the site and operate it but it doesnt operate the rails that are there the BPRR still is in control of that they are making money off of CN for moving the traffic of the line. Any railroad can own and operate a transload facility anywhere. the BPRR could open a transload facility in Canada somewhere if the wished to. Just because CN has their name on a sign in Pennsylvania doesnt mean that the BPRR is going to have the same fate that the B&LE did. Nor does it mean that CN is going to run scheduled freight trains over the route. It all comes down to money.

Matt

rnetzlof

cn.gif - 64340 Bytes
« Reply #156 on: Sep 25th, 2007, 1:54pm »

on Sep 23rd, 2007, 11:43am, Steel_Wheels wrote:       (Click here for original message)

netzlof is this terminal near weyerhauser? thats where i see the cars coming in and out of.

See attached map

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WestPenn/cn.gif
Click Image to Resize

Bob Netzlof
Jim_O.
Historian

« Reply #157 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 12:12am »

Drove up to Punxy today to try and catch some of the new SD90's and lots of work being done on the Indiana Branch between Home and Marion Center. Atlas Railroad contractor on scene. Many track cars, one crew replacing a crossing. Looked like they were replacing ties, but none were dumped along the tracks. There was also more than a dozen ballast hoppers at Riker along with another train of gons all on the north end of the yard and the Indiana Branch lead. They may be starting the rebuild of the line between Cloe and Creekside, which they said would happen this year...

Jim O.
train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #158 on: Oct 5th, 2007, 8:10pm »

They were going north with those ballast cars behind the Home Maid Restaurant on Thursday around 4:15pm two engines in the lead and two at the rear.They must have dumped them further south,possibly where they had the last derailment?Those Atlas guys have been there for the last month or so just in the area between Marion Center and Home.

PVMRR76
Historian

« Reply #159 on: Oct 21st, 2007, 3:14pm »

I was in DuBois on Friday (ugly day!) an saw two of the "gray ghost" ex-KCS units with a long string of aluminum coal gons heading west near the Wal-Fart shopping center.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »