Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 26th, 2018, 8:38pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Train traffic traffic through Indiana, PA
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Western Pennsylvania
(Moderator: fquig)
   Train traffic traffic through Indiana, PA
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Train traffic traffic through Indiana, PA  (Read 11711 times)
PVMRR76
Historian
Re: Train traffic traffic through Indiana, PA
  BP6673-rose-st.jpg - 69707 Bytes
« Reply #200 on: May 26th, 2008, 1:53pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Around 3PM on Saturday I heard the train pull out below the power plant. They stopped at the old RT 119 crossing, cut the power off, picked up four gon loads of lead and cast aluminum scrap and head for Indiana.

I caught the ugly lead GP-40 crossing Rose Street at S. Thirteenth St. in White twp. I tried to chase the train to Creekside, but got behind ever carload of 15-20MPH "blue hair" ladies in the county.

For some reason, the B&P crews seem to favor the un repainted engines for the lead on the Homer- City Sub.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WestPenn/BP6673-rose-st.jpg
Click Image to Resize

fquig
Railfan

« Reply #201 on: Aug 1st, 2009, 8:19pm »

What is the current frequency of traffic on this line?

Frank

Jim_O.
Historian

« Reply #202 on: Aug 11th, 2009, 8:29pm »

They're still coming in 3 to 4 times a week usually between 10pm and midnite.

Jim O.
kennstation
Enthusiast

« Reply #203 on: Jan 29th, 2011, 10:28am »

Well... it's been about a year and a half since any news on this line. I was back in Indiana last weekend for the first time in six months... I've still never seen a train and maybe never will... On both occasions I saw two short, heavy looking little cars with little cranes with hooks on them in Lucerne...but nothing else. Anything new going on? Rumors? Anything at all? Thanks... Ken

Jim_O.
Historian

« Reply #204 on: Jan 31st, 2011, 1:50am »

Nothing new. They come in 3 or 4 times a week very consistantly at night. Every once in awhile you may catch a daylite move when things get out of whack. Once in a blue moon a gon from Kovalchicks off the old Lucerne Branch.

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2011, 2:10am by Jim_O. » Logged

Jim O.
pumpers

View Profile  

« Reply #205 on: May 13th, 2011, 8:42am »

Does NS ever come over from their new Shelocta connection to Creekside and then down to Homer City to serve the power plant?    Does anything move over the Creekside to Shelocta tracks at all these days?  
JS

kennstation
Enthusiast

« Reply #206 on: May 16th, 2011, 6:50am »

I don't live in the area any more, but grew up in Indiana and still am interested in railroading activity there. As far as I know, the answer to your question is no, NS does not run from shelocta to creekside. The last I knew, they were storing TTX cars, I think they are , on that segment. The Homer City power plant is serviced by the B and P railroad, running from punxsy and, I think they lease part of that line from csx.  This train runs 3 or 4 times a week with an average load of 40 cars, I understand.  Hopoe this helps. Ken

pumpers

View Profile  

« Reply #207 on: May 25th, 2011, 10:24am »

Ken, thanks, I knew B&P always had the Homer City business, but was wondering if NS was able to get any of it.  I guess not.  Thanks, JS

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »