Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 26th, 2018, 8:50pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

RJ Corman Pennsylvania Lines ops
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Western Pennsylvania
(Moderator: fquig)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: RJ Corman Pennsylvania Lines ops  (Read 5647 times)
Alcoman
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« on: Apr 6th, 2002, 10:42pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Just wondering the frequency of operations by RJC in and around the Clearfield/Curwensville area...how many trains are they running a week?  

Thanks in Advance

TRAINS is what we are here for!
train_fan
Railfan
Re: RJ Corman Pennsylvania Lines ops

« Reply #1 on: Feb 2nd, 2003, 2:51pm »

I"ve been going to get on this site and keep forgetting to.RJ Corman comes into Clymer to the Mears Coal loadout quite often lately twice a week.They were in last on Sat. Jan. 25, the coal slowed down over this way and most of it is going directly to Homer City Power by truck the pile they load the train is growing again and they may be coming in soon.I was over when they loaded  the last train and they didn't know when they would be back for sure.They loaded PPLX cars the last time they were here.I'll put their engine roster on here that they usually bring in they have their latest ones painted in RJ Corman colors now.Listen in on:160.845 and161.235.

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #2 on: Feb 4th, 2003, 7:11pm »

RJ Corman loaded at Clymer on Mon.02-03-03 and were gone before I got back thru.They had a nice excursion in October and if you want to look at the Karthaus tour get on the Clearfield County Chamber of Commerce website and the schedule is still there.Go to the bottom and click on their home page,you can listen to a live interview with all the details of the events or you can click on take a tour and ride thru the tunnelswith Tim Potts in his Ford Explorer on the rails.Tim is the Yardmaster at Clearfield both were very interesting to listen too and watch.

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #3 on: Feb 6th, 2003, 7:29pm »

I just checked on the RJ Corman website they have a new news letter.Pictures about  RJ Corman getting a key to the city Tim Potts accepting it on his behalf. This is the first newsletter since summer www.rjcorman.com

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #4 on: Feb 11th, 2003, 5:27pm »

RJ Corman just left Clymer at around 5:00pm I didn't get to talk to any of the crew and couldn't see the engine numbers because it was snowing so hard.

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #5 on: Feb 22nd, 2003, 4:56pm »

RJ Corman loaded at Clymer Friday 02-21-03 didn't see any of them the engines were parked under the bridge on 286 at 5:30 am when I came back thru at 4:30 pm they were loaded and gone.

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #6 on: Mar 11th, 2003, 7:33pm »

RJ Corman just loaded out 100 NS cars at the Mears Clymer loadout headed for the Baltimore,MD area.They loaded two fifty car trains and the second unit left at 5:30pm I had a nice visit with the conductor as he checked the cars out as they passed.

fquig
Railfan

« Reply #7 on: Apr 13th, 2003, 9:17am »

Fishing Saturday morning was not productive so I did some exploring .  Was fishing Little Mahoning Creek in Indiana County right along rail line to Shelocta power plant.  Was more precisely between Rochester Mills and Home.  No such luck as to see 562 or 563 as I was there, but rails are well worn from the traffic.

Have fished this area off and on for 45 years and way back then it was not uncommon to see two southbound and two northbound movements in a morning as coal was being mined or stripped everywhere in those days.  

Enough ancient history!!!!!  

Drove over to Clymer.  As I drove toward Clymer on 403, I saw a loadout on my left.  Is that the Mears facility?

And finally , does this coal go north or south when it gets to Mahaffey?

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #8 on: Apr 13th, 2003, 9:39pm »

To bad you weren't at the Mears loadout today at  about 3:00 pm and you could have seen the RJ Corman units in action they brought 90 empties in and will be loading them Monday am.Ididn't  ask them when they would be back over in the morning ,but Mears usually start loading them as soon as they get there they have about 9 spotted at the dock. There was two guys there taking pictures Rick from Altoona and Keith from Johnstown they told me they followed them down from the Clearfield yard. The three crew men made time to talk before they headed back to Clearfield in their van,very nice bunch of guys everyone of them.They load their cars and head back towards Clearfield and over to Keating and NS takes them from there,the last few went down around Baltimore.The six units in now are;7709-7681-7710-7908-7697 all former Conrail and 2792 a highhood they just got I think six of those.If your not busy Monday they should be loading.

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #9 on: May 26th, 2003, 8:00pm »

RJ Corman has added 5 more engines to their fleet they are sitting in Cresson they look pretty good and shouldn't take much to get them painted in their colors.SP-UP 8718  -D&RG 5353  -UP 3478 -D&RG5372  - SP8336 all six axle SD40T-2. Cresson was busy today with mainline traffic being a holiday we went one other Memorial Day and wasn't much going on ,but today had quite a bit .A ballast train went west and the helpers broke off at Cresson and went into the yard.Two other helpers at the yard started up and went back east. Was a nice day.

CR2011
TRAINing

« Reply #10 on: Oct 12th, 2003, 5:55pm »

Does anyone have a complete, up to date roster of R.J. Corman engines? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #11 on: Jan 7th, 2004, 10:37pm »

Just got the Feb.2004 issue of Trains and they have a little writeup on R J Corman and his operation in KY. page 16.They came into Clymer tonite with 105 PPLX cars to load Thurs. The Mears tipple was bought out by AMFIRE Coal they put the new sign up at their office on main st. They didn't shove the train up the whole way tonite the crossing at Treese Rd. needed cleaned up they had a loader on it when I came by at 4:30pm they put the 4 power units in the siding by the dock and the other 4 are at the Wilson St. crossing.They were here last Saturday and loaded.

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #12 on: Jan 26th, 2004, 8:03pm »

RJ Corman came in Sunday evening to Clymer with 105 PPLX cars.Due to the freezing rain this am I got to go over while they loaded they had trouble with the crossing on Treese Rd. again. The Sperry Rail Truck SRS809 was going to set on at the Wilson St. crossing,but I think do to the steady freezing rain they sent them back ,they are spending the evening in Indiana.The first 52 cars left at 2pm 7681-7918-2761-7908.Tim Potts put his explorer on rail and went ahead of them and Denny went behind with his truck.The second 53 left late this afternoon I had to leave and didn't watch them go 7709-2775-2754-7710. Not sure if the Sperry Rail Truck is returning Tuesday or if they are heading somewhere else.Was a winter day all day long.I heard Denny say he had a problem with a hydraulic hose leaking on his rail unit also.

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #13 on: Jan 27th, 2004, 6:34pm »

The loader operator at Clymer said today that they were loading 4 trains in February.Should be one per week just thought I would pass this on.

Coffee
Historian
  Pict1127.jpg - 48276 Bytes
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31st, 2004, 6:57am »

Mr Boylan caught one of the Corman units, 1832, a GP16, in Willard, Ohio yesterday and traveling west on Q349. Posted w/permission.

1832 came from last inspection at Clearfield ,Pa to Dover, Ohio R J Cormans shop then dispatched to Warwick 1/23/04 and D 750 local out of Willard picked it up and brought it to Willard 1/28
The RJC # 1832 was built in 1982 , 1600 HP GP16 and is being shipped from RJ Corman Dover ,Ohio to R J Corman at Ansonia, Ohio

I myself have never seen any of their units save a caboose on the end of a NS train going through Painesville, Ohio. The link above gave me a good insight into the extent of its operations. Tnx

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WestPenn/Pict1127.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Feb 1st, 2004, 9:59am by Coffee » Logged

Bob

Cleveland, Ohio

Ohio Central Yahoo Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ohiocentralsystem

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #15 on: Jan 31st, 2004, 7:14am »

Nice picture of the 1832 that's one of the ones that came to Clymer all the time.Others were 1824-1826-1827-1828-1829-1831-1832-1858.They had 1712 in also I had a listing for 1807,but never seen it here.Nice picture thanks!

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #16 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 9:57pm »

Just to let you know Clymer will be loading Weds.02-11-04 PPLX cars are setting there.They are supposed to load 4 trains at Clymer this month according to the loader operator.There is more coal at the dock now than I've seen for a long time,I guess they had trouble getting empties or they would have loaded already.

train_fan
Railfan

« Reply #17 on: Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:10pm »

Just wanted to pass this on,RJC units just rolled thru Clymer and are tieing the train down at the Clymer tipple.They must be loading Monday am 02-23-04 they have a large pile to load from again.

hummel1237
Historian

« Reply #18 on: Feb 23rd, 2004, 12:17am »

on Feb 22nd, 2004, 11:10pm, train_fan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Just wanted to pass this on,RJC units just rolled thru Clymer and are tieing the train down at the Clymer tipple.They must be loading Monday am 02-23-04 they have a large pile to load from again.

Where's Clymer?

Jim...  

Ron_Mele
Railfan

« Reply #19 on: Feb 23rd, 2004, 1:54pm »

Clymer is located in eastern Indiana County, about 60 miles east- northeast of Pittsburgh. The town is situated on a railroad line once called the Cherry Tree & Dixonville which was jointly owned by the PRR and NYC.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »