Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Feb 25th, 2018, 2:43am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

STEAM this Fall
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Wilmington & Western
(Moderators: J. M. Fusco, NHIWW)
   STEAM this Fall
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: STEAM this Fall  (Read 841 times)
rwk
Historian
Re: STEAM this Fall

« Reply #20 on: Oct 14th, 2008, 11:52pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I am considering the 18th or 25th 2:30 pm 2 1/2 hr Hockessin excursion. Does anyone know which locomotive is being used for those days? 98 or 58? Which diesel will be on the rear? How many coaches, cabooses on the train? It would be my very first time riding the W&W if I go. I'm from Allentown, PA up Rt. 100. Can you get off the train in Hockessin during the stop? If I wanted to ride both excursions, the 12:30 and 2:30, would it cost double fare? Do you think these trains will sell out soon and if I should reserve tickets ahead of time, not gamble and go there and buy them at the ticket window? Thanks, Robert.

wwrrvolunteer
Railfan

« Reply #21 on: Oct 15th, 2008, 10:26am »

Hi Robert,  
Lets see if I can tackle these questions. Chances are the 98 will be doing the honors, I don't know the status on 58 at this time although the tubes are coming right along thanks to our CMO and some devoted volunteers.      

SW-900 #915 will most likely be on the rear for both of those dates. The engineer on the 18 is our CMO and on the 25 it is one of our managers who are both qualified to run it.  

At this time, the consist is combine 410, 2 bootons, and out open air MP-54 with our wooden and steel caboose on the 18 and caboose 149 only on the 25. We could end up another caboose or two depending on birthday charters, etc.  

You can get off the train on both the Mt. Cuba and the Hockessin trip. We have a half an hour layover at the grove and a 20 minute layover at Hockessin.  

If you would like to ride both runs, it will cost you a little more. I believe we still have an all day pass that will save you some dough. Reservations should not be nescessary. We are hardly ever sold out for these trips, and I don't anticipate a sell out.  

Mark

LandenbergRRs
Enthusiast

« Reply #22 on: Oct 15th, 2008, 11:34am »

on Oct 14th, 2008, 3:56pm, KENTANDQUEENANNERR wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Do not forget the camera  

That's right - the camera too.  Silly me - Wheels and camera - seems I played a pretty large role in that expedition.  Kids...

wwrrvolunteer
Railfan

« Reply #23 on: Oct 15th, 2008, 1:48pm »

on Oct 15th, 2008, 11:34am, LandenbergRRs wrote:       (Click here for original message)

That's right - the camera too.  Silly me - Wheels and camera - seems I played a pretty large role in that expedition.  Kids...

Dear Mom,  

Sorry lets try this again:

Every now and then the boy has to get his mummy to go drive him around to foam with her camera. I thank you for taking me around. We are out of a ride for next Saturday. Looks as though I may just be riding!  

By the way, you forgot that I used Bob's tripod as well

The Greatful boy,
Mark

LandenbergRRs
Enthusiast

« Reply #24 on: Oct 15th, 2008, 4:27pm »

Ouch - only kidding.  Remember, I was out for the fun of it also not just as the ride provider.

« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2008, 4:28pm by LandenbergRRs » Logged

rwk
Historian

« Reply #25 on: Oct 15th, 2008, 4:58pm »

I just realized this-if you go north on 41 into PA from the W&W, you will eventually reach Rt. 741, turn left, and and you will wind up in Strasburg!

wwrrvolunteer
Railfan

« Reply #26 on: Oct 15th, 2008, 5:05pm »

on Oct 15th, 2008, 4:27pm, LandenbergRRs wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Ouch - only kidding.  Remember, I was out for the fun of it also not just as the ride provider.

I know...just kidding too. Thanks for dragging me around, though!

Mark

NHIWW
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #27 on: Oct 15th, 2008, 5:48pm »

on Oct 15th, 2008, 4:58pm, rwk wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I just realized this-if you go north on 41 into PA from the W&W, you will eventually reach Rt. 741, turn left, and and you will wind up in Strasburg!

Hence the name "Lancaster Pike"....and yes, thats partly route 48, but 41 & 48t intersect before entering Hockessin and then head west. "Old" Lancaster Pike is crossed by the RR near the firehouse in Town.

wwbackshop
Enthusiast
  100_0982_579x772.jpg - 127216 Bytes
« Reply #28 on: Oct 19th, 2008, 8:16pm »

pix from todays fall foliage trip

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WWRR/100_0982_579x772.jpg
Click Image to Resize

wwbackshop
Enthusiast
  100_0989_772x579.jpg - 75447 Bytes
« Reply #29 on: Oct 19th, 2008, 8:27pm »

another from today at Hockessin

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WWRR/100_0989_772x579.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Penn Rail Videos
Former Member

« Reply #30 on: Oct 25th, 2008, 10:48am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

on Oct 19th, 2008, 8:16pm, wwbackshop wrote:       (Click here for original message)
pix from todays fall foliage trip

Nice one! Appears to be a bit of green still on the trees though. Hopefully it'll turn in early Nov. like it did last year.

- Adam

Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »