Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Feb 20th, 2018, 6:21am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Pufferbelly Day - TWICE the Fun!
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Wilmington & Western
(Moderators: J. M. Fusco, NHIWW)
   Pufferbelly Day - TWICE the Fun!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Pufferbelly Day - TWICE the Fun!  (Read 2791 times)
KENTANDQUEENANNERR
Historian
Re: Pufferbelly Day - TWICE the Fun!
  Picture_013.jpg - 147665 Bytes
« Reply #20 on: May 6th, 2007, 7:08pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Coming accross 10a on the first of three runs. A very good day on the RR.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WWRR/Picture_013.jpg
Click Image to Resize

www.wwrr.com
big3fan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

DSC_0037w6.jpg - 98099 Bytes
« Reply #21 on: May 6th, 2007, 9:08pm »

I have to start off by saying this was my first trip here. What a pleasure this place is. The staff was nice and friendly, the train and grounds were clean, and the scenery was top notch.

I went down with Joe and his grandfather and we had a great time with very cooperative weather. Thanks for inviting me again Joe I don't think I would have done as well as I did without you and your granpops help, real nice of you guys to let me tag along.

I'm not real sure on the locations of these being it was my first time but here we go.

Right out of Greenbank.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WWRR/DSC_0037w6.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: May 6th, 2007, 9:29pm by big3fan » Logged

www.lightwriterproductions.com

big3fan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

DSC_0042w6.jpg - 106762 Bytes
« Reply #22 on: May 6th, 2007, 9:15pm »

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WWRR/DSC_0042w6.jpg
Click Image to Resize

big3fan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

DSC_0047w6.jpg - 79057 Bytes
« Reply #23 on: May 6th, 2007, 9:16pm »

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WWRR/DSC_0047w6.jpg
Click Image to Resize

big3fan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

DSC_0057w6.jpg - 110651 Bytes
« Reply #24 on: May 6th, 2007, 9:18pm »

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WWRR/DSC_0057w6.jpg
Click Image to Resize

big3fan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

DSC_0059w6.jpg - 86416 Bytes
« Reply #25 on: May 6th, 2007, 9:18pm »

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WWRR/DSC_0059w6.jpg
Click Image to Resize

big3fan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

DSC_0021.jpg - 88907 Bytes
« Reply #26 on: May 6th, 2007, 9:25pm »

Back at the station.

I was shooting with a new 12-24 wide zoom for digital.

I had my other lenses but wanted to work this one out.

I really like this effect and was about 2 feet away from 98.

Waddya think?

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WWRR/DSC_0021.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Adam17
Former Member
  IMGP6859.jpg - 39315 Bytes
« Reply #27 on: May 6th, 2007, 9:41pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Very nice Todd! The last one makes 98 looks very skinny.  

I had a great day as well. I'll post one pic here and the reast in the pics thread.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/WWRR/IMGP6859.jpg
Click Image to Resize

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #28 on: May 9th, 2007, 4:03pm »

Very nice photos guys. I’m enjoying them………..kind of off topic but how coaches does the W&W own?

Anthony

Strasburg31
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #29 on: May 9th, 2007, 5:35pm »

I THINK.....and I could be wrong.......

1 Combine
3 Coaches
1 Open Car
1 Bench Fitted Gondola
3 Cabooses
1 Dining car (PRSL)

They might have another MP-54 coach......and may have a coach on the deadline on the far side of the enginehouse.   They used to have a converted coach from a boxcar , one of the seven to be used on the old Wawa and Concordville....but that was cut to be a flat car in 2001.

Paul

Write to Old Tucson Movie Studios and ask them to donate the V&T Reno, #11 to a museum.
www.oldtucson.com
NHIWW
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #30 on: May 10th, 2007, 8:07am »

They use:

1 Combine #410 - open platform
3 coaches from the DL&W, #'s 571, 581, & 603- all open platform
1 converted coach used as a "buffet car", from the DL&W- built as Electric Coach #2548, renumbered 3548, now painted as PRSL #6795.  
1 converted MP54 coach, #442 now open air car "Kiamensi Springs"- from PRR.
2 Wood cabooses, #'s C2013 & C2042, steel frame, wood sided from B&O
1 Steel Caboose # C149, from ERIE
1 Steel Flat car #80581 with sides used as an "open" car with hay bails, not benches. This car is also used in work train service.

The also have/own:

6 additional MP54 coaches in various conditions all, PRR*
1 MP54 from the Washington Terminal Railroad.*

* I believe that the WT Coach and a PC Green painted MP(partially converted to an open car) were sold to the Walkersville Southern, but haven't been moved since they were land locked by the flooding. They should be in storage up on the Herculese Research Center Siding.

An additional MP54 was sold to the Queen Anne's RR back in the early 90's.  

I wasn't aware that they ever did anything with the converted wooden Box car/open car from the 1970's era. Should still be sitting up on Hollingsworth siding in storage along with the two center cabs.

Great shots Todd!

Particularly like the ones at the Barley Mill Stables.

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2007, 6:17pm by NHIWW » Logged

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #31 on: May 10th, 2007, 3:38pm »

I thought it was some where in that ballpark. Thanks so much for your help guys

Anthony

KENTANDQUEENANNERR
Historian

« Reply #32 on: May 10th, 2007, 7:52pm »

on May 10th, 2007, 8:07am, NHIWW wrote:       (Click here for original message)
They use:

1 Combine #410 - open platform
3 coaches from the DL&W, #'s 571, 581, & 603- all open platform
1 converted coach used as a "buffet car", from the DL&W- built as Electric Coach #2548, renumbered 3548, now painted as PRSL #6795.  
1 converted MP54 coach, #442 now open air car "Kiamensi Springs"- from PRR.
2 Wood cabooses, #'s C2013 & C2042, steel frame, wood sided from B&O
1 Steel Caboose # C149, from ERIE
1 Steel Flat car #80581 with sides used as an "open" car with hay bails, not benches. This car is also used in work train service.

The also have/own:

6 additional MP54 coaches in various conditions all, PRR*
1 MP54 from the Washington Terminal Railroad.*

* I believe that the WT Coach and a PC Green painted MP(partially converted to an open car) were sold to the Walkersville Southern, but haven't been moved since they were land locked by the flooding. They should be in storage up on the Herculese Research Center Siding.

An additional MP54 was sold to the Queen Anne's RR back in the early 90's.  

I wasn't aware that they ever did anything with the converted wooden Box car/open car from the 1970's era. Should still be sitting up on Hollingsworth siding in storage along with the two center cabs.

Great shots Todd!

Particularly like the ones at the Barley Mill Stables.

There is nothing up at Hercules. On track one in the yard I belive is an MP54 other than the open car I have seen no others, but I have not been up to NVF yet. I think I have only seen MOW equipment at Hollingsworth.
Delaware Brick has a ballast car converted from a covered hopper.

Also in the yard are around 4 or 5 box cars, a box car that was cut down to a flat car in addtion to the flat car used for hay rides. The camp car, a tank car, 92 with tender, a delmarva power loco, a privately owned caboose.  All the MOW equipment and the equipment that is in use.  

37 that does not belong to the RR is still on the M&M siding.  

www.wwrr.com
NHIWW
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #33 on: May 11th, 2007, 9:05am »

on May 10th, 2007, 7:52pm, KENTANDQUEENANNERR wrote:       (Click here for original message)

There is nothing up at Hercules. On track one in the yard I belive is an MP54 other than the open car I have seen no others, but I have not been up to NVF yet. I think I have only seen MOW equipment at Hollingsworth.
Delaware Brick has a ballast car converted from a covered hopper.

Also in the yard are around 4 or 5 box cars, a box car that was cut down to a flat car in addtion to the flat car used for hay rides. The camp car, a tank car, 92 with tender, a delmarva power loco, a privately owned caboose.  All the MOW equipment and the equipment that is in use.  

37 that does not belong to the RR is still on the M&M siding.  

Intresting, then they did cut down the old open car. I stand corrected.  

The additional MP in the yard on track 1 should be the 450, painted dark blue with a gray band along the windows with some primer paint here and there. This along with the then coach 442 were used regularly as extra cars (usually on Wild West and Civil War days) until some local kids broke in and trashed the interiors, including setting a small fire in one.

As far as the cars up at Hercules, maybe they were moved elsewhere or finally to Walkersville Southern. You would know the cars.... one is painted PC green, and looks just like the 442 does now....it was and open car started but never finished. The Washington Terminal car is painted Light Blue and white (WT colors) and had its' interior intact albeit deteriorated badly and missing glass in the windows. Last I saw it, it was full of the seat cusions and backs removed from the PRSL car.  

There were 4 MP54's up on the NVF passing siding that came over with 58 from Avondale...unless they trucked them out via the narrow NVF driveway to RT82, they should still be there.

Glad to hear Ed's cab is still intact.

Is Delaware Brick not receiving shipments?....they had been regularly placing cars for them and the Lumber Yard up there.... That Ballast car was a gift from Conrail via E. Lewis Pardee.  It was repainted red for a Tom Gears Charter back in 1997, if I recall correctly.

KENTANDQUEENANNERR
Historian

« Reply #34 on: May 11th, 2007, 12:26pm »

Delaware Birck still gets loads on a regular basis. The car is past the loading dock.

www.wwrr.com
J. M. Fusco
Historian

« Reply #35 on: Jul 5th, 2007, 9:53am »

on May 6th, 2007, 9:08pm, big3fan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I have to start off by saying this was my first trip here. What a pleasure this place is. The staff was nice and friendly, the train and grounds were clean, and the scenery was top notch.

I went down with Joe and his grandfather and we had a great time with very cooperative weather. Thanks for inviting me again Joe I don't think I would have done as well as I did without you and your granpops help, real nice of you guys to let me tag along.

I'm not real sure on the locations of these being it was my first time but here we go.

Right out of Greenbank.

Hey Todd,

No problem, we enjoyed having you. Honestly I don't think I would have done so well If I didn't decide to sketch a map on a piece of looseleaf paper the night before. Haha. My printer was down and I couldn't print one out of mapquest like I had planned... It was pretty accurate, though...  

By the way, the first location just outside of Greenbank is "Ludlow Trestle" I believe - correct me if I'm wrong, NHIWW. Nice shot, by the way. Too bad it looks like the clouds covered up the sun just in time for that shot.  

Joe...  

RioGrandeMan
Railfan

« Reply #36 on: Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:56am »

who's going to be at the Pufferbelly day on Sept 2nd? Apparently they've changed it so all the trains that day are DOUBLEHEADERS!!!! I'm definitely going to be there... in a Rio Grande Hat (out of place... but it makes me stand out)

Charlie_O
Historian

« Reply #37 on: Aug 30th, 2007, 10:20am »

on Aug 23rd, 2007, 10:56am, RioGrandeMan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
who's going to be at the Pufferbelly day on Sept 2nd? Apparently they've changed it so all the trains that day are DOUBLEHEADERS!!!! I'm definitely going to be there... in a Rio Grande Hat (out of place... but it makes me stand out)

Just bought tix for me and the family to ride the 2pm.  My birthday's Friday (45, *grunts and curses*) and it's sort of a present to myself.  

Great to hear that all the runs are doubleheaders, and the weather forecast is a gem.  

Will likely be wearing my B&O cap, in honor of the W&W's Landenb'g heritage. C-ya there.
-Charlie

Some days, the most interesting person you meet is a river with a train running beside it.
Railfan Entertainments
Historian

« Reply #38 on: Aug 30th, 2007, 11:07am »

Man. I looked on the web site and found it was on a Sunday so I can't go. But I talked to my mom about the OCT. 27th and we're thinking about going to both "Autum leaf special" and the "moon harvest ride". Cross my fingers
 BTW....Do you know what engines will be running that day?
KB3PQD signing out

« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2007, 3:09pm by Railfan Entertainments » Logged

www.youtube.com/user/railfanentertainment
RioGrandeMan
Railfan

« Reply #39 on: Aug 30th, 2007, 8:13pm »

on Aug 30th, 2007, 10:20am, Charlie_O wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Just bought tix for me and the family to ride the 2pm.  My birthday's Friday (45, *grunts and curses*) and it's sort of a present to myself.  

Great to hear that all the runs are doubleheaders, and the weather forecast is a gem.  

Will likely be wearing my B&O cap, in honor of the W&W's Landenb'g heritage. C-ya there.
-Charlie

Well whatta you know, same here. Chasing the 12:30 and 3:30, and riding the 2:00. I'll see you there then! Anyone else going to be there?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »