Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jun 26th, 2017, 8:01am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

December STERA Meeting Notes Are Up
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regionals and Short Lines
   WNY&P, LA&L & B&H
(Moderators: Matthew_L, railwatcher, pablo, bwparker1)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: December STERA Meeting Notes Are Up  (Read 146 times)
roc
Historian

« on: Feb 18th, 2017, 8:06am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I would love to catch a Falconer to Meadville trains. Any help? The crossings in Corry on Friday looked freshly furrowed, but I'd guess the train was quite short.

"Service levels: Falconer to Meadville service has been restored to biweekly service (currently running weekly).  

"Olean to Hornell service is operated less than once per week as needed.  

"Olean to Falconer is operated regularly once per week. Olean to Machias service has been restored for ballast trains, with weekly service. In Pennsylvania, service is provided to Driftwood on a weekly basis, with Olean to Port Allegany being operated on a daily basis."

http://www.ccasstera.org/htm/document%20to%20be%20discussed/2016%20pdfs/Dec5/December%205%202016%20Board%20Minutes.pdf

« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2017, 4:30pm by roc » Logged

A smokey Alco and a good camera, nevermind the weather...
el3625
TRAINing
View Profile  

Re: December STERA Meeting Notes Are Up

« Reply #1 on: Feb 19th, 2017, 9:37pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I think it was pretty short. I went through Cambridge Springs on saturday morning and saw the train had gone through. Later in Meadville, I went down to the yard and saw WNYP loco #427 with 3 tank cars behind it. I thought the same thing, gee what a short train. It is better than nothing though. The crossings in Cambridge Springs on Rt 19 and Rt 86 sure do need replaced, they are very rough. I think they did the one by the feed mill, very nice!

Bruce
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »