Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Dec 13th, 2017, 11:58am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

New report slams ICF
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Vancouver Island
(Moderators: SRY 110, Pyronova, Henry)
   New report slams ICF
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: New report slams ICF  (Read 300 times)
thehighwayman
Historian
New report slams ICF

« on: Sep 13th, 2016, 11:51pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Spotted this today:

http://www.cowichanvalleycitizen.com/news/393329821.html

The report makes a bunch of recommendations .... ICF claims to have already acted on a couple.
Basically, the report reiterates what many of us have been saying here about the lack of transparency on the part of the ICF and Graham Bruce.

Will MacKenzie
Flamborough, ON

thehighwayman
Historian
Re: New report slams ICF

« Reply #1 on: Oct 11th, 2016, 11:40am »

And now a councillor in Langford has some additional ideas ...

http://www.goldstreamgazette.com/news/395915031.html

Will MacKenzie
Flamborough, ON

CroftonSpur88
Historian
  image-36.jpg - 165521 Bytes
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25th, 2016, 8:20pm »

on Sep 13th, 2016, 11:51pm, thehighwayman wrote:       (Click here for original message)
... the report reiterates what many of us have been saying here about the lack of transparency on the part of the ICF and Graham Bruce.

Will MacKenzie
Flamborough, ON

Hmmmm.....

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (165521 bytes, 1024x768 pixels)

Click Here to View Image image-36.jpg - 165521 Bytes

"the rails are somewhere under those weeds"
thehighwayman
Historian

« Reply #3 on: Oct 26th, 2016, 12:11am »

on Oct 25th, 2016, 8:20pm, CroftonSpur88 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Hmmmm.....

Good one! Drag up a post from 4.5 years ago, take it out of context .... almost like a politician!

Will MacKenzie
Flamborough, ON

(please note that I have the courage to sign my name to my posts and not hide behind a handle)

Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #4 on: Oct 26th, 2016, 3:36pm »

Will, the lower levels of government (RDs and individual councils) are starting to see through the bullcrap being put forth by the ICF and their minions. There is no outside looking into the bantering here but some believe there really is. Mr Bruce is not that well thought of by either the province or Ottawa so his hiring was a move I believe to be a product of the Cowichan Valley Native Peoples. Whatever and whoever was behind his hiring it has been proven a disaster.

Never known for Political Correctness
& far from a tag words cut and paste artist.
Port Alberni or Thereabouts.
thehighwayman
Historian

« Reply #5 on: Oct 26th, 2016, 3:55pm »

on Oct 26th, 2016, 3:36pm, Dennis Dalla-Vicenza wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Will, the lower levels of government (RDs and individual councils) are starting to see through the bullcrap being put forth by the ICF and their minions. There is no outside looking into the bantering here but some believe there really is. Mr Bruce is not that well thought of by either the province or Ottawa so his hiring was a move I believe to be a product of the Cowichan Valley Native Peoples. Whatever and whoever was behind his hiring it has been proven a disaster.

I don't know that it was the Cowichan first nations people (possible, I just don't know) but I suspect that someone in the provincial government of the day put his name forth as a means of "rewarding" a retired/defeated half-azzed politician.
The rest, I agree with you Dennis. But I fear that it may be too late now to save anything.

Will MacKenzie
Flamborough, ON

Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #6 on: Oct 26th, 2016, 8:01pm »

Will at the time I was part of the local Liberal Advisory Board here in the Alberni Riding. We were at a seminar in Victoria and one of the then Cabinet Ministers was in a meeting with us and the minister knew I was rail fan and asked if I knew why and who hired Bruce as both  the move and Bruce were not well thought of in Victoria power circles. He is not held in very high regard in either capital.

CroftonSpur88
Historian

« Reply #7 on: Oct 26th, 2016, 10:31pm »

on Oct 26th, 2016, 12:11am, thehighwayman wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Good one! Drag up a post from 4.5 years ago, take it out of context .... almost like a politician!

Will MacKenzie
Flamborough, ON

Nothing like the classic flip flop. Even more like a politician.... Great to see that you put down the Kool-Aid though....

Jay Beddows
Victoria BC

"the rails are somewhere under those weeds"
Aaron Lypkie
Historian

« Reply #8 on: Oct 27th, 2016, 6:49pm »

I have read parts of the report and it does make some interesting recommendations.

Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #9 on: Oct 30th, 2016, 3:02pm »

on Oct 27th, 2016, 6:49pm, Aaron Lypkie wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I have read parts of the report and it does make some interesting recommendations.

Aaron, is there an on line link to this report in toto?

Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #10 on: Nov 12th, 2016, 6:19pm »

How long has it been since the AVICC report was made public and still our lame media is not following up on this. It seems they jump from headline to headline, story to story without regard for any follow up or in depth examination of what is happening since the story broke. ICF people will not say anything and the media will not firmly hold the ICF feet to the proverbial fire to try and break the story. In the mean time the railroad languishes in a limbo of uncertainty. RIP E & N.

« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2016, 7:51pm by Dennis Dalla-Vicenza » Logged

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »