Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Sep 25th, 2017, 1:11pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

New TSA reached! Service starting in Nanaimo! Track work 9mos
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Vancouver Island
(Moderators: SRY 110, Pyronova, Henry)
   New TSA reached! Service starting in Nanaimo! Track work 9mos
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: New TSA reached! Service starting in Nanaimo! Track work 9mos  (Read 1822 times)
Banned User
Chaser
View Profile  

Re: New TSA reached! Service starting in Nanaimo! Track work 9mos

« Reply #40 on: Apr 5th, 2014, 8:06pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Mission impossible?

Hey that gives me an idea how to sneak into an ICF meeting-hang soeone down from the ceiling vent like in the movie!

Good idea, Vern!

HwyHaulier
Historian

« Reply #41 on: Apr 6th, 2014, 7:48am »

404 -  

Thanks! I try! You hint that some entities appear to run as "Eyes Only - Destroy Before Reading" basis?

Remember, too, in the lexicon of billable Lawyer time, the 'uptown' 'tentative' used when others rely on 'maybe'...

.........................Vern......................

Ticket Agent serving...Pacific Stage Lines...Washington State System...Mt. Hood Stages...Pickwick Stages...Transcontinental & Western Air Lines.... Admitted Gold Bug..... Observant Orthodox Mossback..... H.M.R.A.O. Curmudgeons......
chrisale
Historian

« Reply #42 on: Apr 6th, 2014, 11:41am »

Granted this is not a labour dispute, but given the strict confidentiality and following of procedure that seems to have apparent during these negotiations, I would say there is a good chance the parties (VIA and SVI) could be said to be abiding by these definitions.
http://www.ofm.wa.gov/labor/resources/glossary.asp
"A critical part of any negotiation is a common understanding of the terminology involved with labor law. The following are commonly used terms and their definition."

"TENTATIVE AGREEMENT—The agreement reached through bargaining prior to its ratification or final approval by the negotiators’ constituencies."

With a "very" (SVI) tentative agreement "on the table" (VIA) the question is can that agreement be signed at each earliest possible board meeting and ratified with the finest details then dealt with with regular communication between the parties.  We simply won't know as the parties continue to follow strict confidentiality.

:+) :+? :/
------
http://www.murkyview.com
http://www.alberniweather.ca
Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #43 on: Apr 12th, 2014, 10:13pm »

I find it hard to believe that after a week and a half or so we still have some believing this charade was anything but an attempt to get the RDN to cancel the non confidence motion. I thought the Nanaimo mayor was a bit brighter than he evidenced at the RDN meeting I spoke at. He wanted to put off the vote for a few weeks just to make sure that if there really was an agreement that the RDN was possibly going to jinx it.  

I see that some on here not only dream in technicolour but in HD as well.  

Never known for Political Correctness
& far from a tag words cut and paste artist.
Port Alberni or Thereabouts.
Banned User
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #44 on: Apr 12th, 2014, 10:47pm »

I find it amusing that the ICf put out all the press releases but all news reports on the tv stations, the last sentence all the reporters used was "the ICF won't return our phone calls".

Put out a story and then not talk to the media?

Liberal trickery at its finest.

Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #45 on: Apr 12th, 2014, 10:53pm »

Hey, don't blame that washout on us. At best he was a poor Social credit wannabe.  

CroftonSpur88
Historian

« Reply #46 on: Apr 12th, 2014, 11:26pm »

Socred in sheep's clothing....

"the rails are somewhere under those weeds"
Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #47 on: Apr 12th, 2014, 11:36pm »

Shhhhhhhhhh we're trying to keep that a secrete.

Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #48 on: Apr 12th, 2014, 11:36pm »

We just hope it doesn't stink too bad.

Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #49 on: Apr 24th, 2014, 5:36pm »

I am hearing that the whole bone of contention with any supposed altered agreement is this wish that the service start in Nanaimo. The original TSA is still valid and just suspended pending the railroad getting their track fixed.  

The VIA people have clearly stated when they return the TSA will be as is right now with no added cost and all things would be as they were. Units serviced in Victoria, runs starting and ending in Victoria, units overnight stored in Victoria and with no change to the monetary agreement.

CroftonSpur88
Historian

« Reply #50 on: Aug 23rd, 2016, 5:46pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2014, 3:21pm, chrisale wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I am truly stunned at the magnitude of the victory for the railway today!  VIA and SVI have come to a tentative agreement pending ratification by the Boards and such.

The new Dayliner service will be centred in Nanaimo with service starting there in the morning, going to Victoria, leaving Victoria on the traditional run to Courtenay and back and then return to Nanaimo.  SVI put together the business plan that has now come to fruition.

Once all the stuff is signed and the funding is released the track and bridge work should take around 9 months.

What a great day!  We've all waited so long.

I'll upload pictures later.

Yes!

"Great day".....ha. Over  2 years later from the date of the "deal" and still no train. Some people will believe anything...lol

ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #51 on: Aug 24th, 2016, 11:55pm »

It likely marked the beginning of the end which was unknown to us at that time. Only in Canada could we make such a mess of a scenario that offered such potential. There are too many agendas which appear to be motivated by greedy little plans to milk this cow till it is dead. Truly disappointing and sad. I guess we have to look further north to that other railway on the north end of the island which many of us likely haven't visited. At least it still runs.

CroftonSpur88
Historian

« Reply #52 on: Aug 25th, 2016, 3:41pm »

on Aug 24th, 2016, 11:55pm, ENR3005 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
There are too many agendas which appear to be motivated by greedy little plans to milk this cow till it is dead.

Nailed it right on the head. And too many people fiddled while Rome burned all in the name of "not causing trouble".

Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #53 on: Oct 12th, 2016, 3:26pm »

on Aug 25th, 2016, 3:41pm, CroftonSpur88 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Nailed it right on the head. And too many people fiddled while Rome burned all in the name of "not causing trouble".

Just listened to the local radio news report and it quotes Judith Sayers as being perplexed that the motion put forth by the conference on the Island about the ICF lack of credibility and the lack of information forthcoming from that not so august board is too secretive. This and she claims that they are always open and answering to all the communities. I would think that she must think our naivety is beyond belief.

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2016, 3:45pm by Dennis Dalla-Vicenza » Logged

blackdog
Railfan

« Reply #54 on: Oct 16th, 2016, 10:33am »

Have you read her rebuttal of the report?

Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #55 on: Oct 17th, 2016, 1:57am »

on Oct 16th, 2016, 10:33am, blackdog wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Have you read her rebuttal of the report?
Yes on another rail forum and on the ICF website. The whole kit and caboodle of them is not worth a fiddlers figgy.  

blackdog
Railfan

« Reply #56 on: Oct 26th, 2016, 4:44pm »

Seems to me that the whole ICF thing is just a means to return the corridor land to the control of the native peoples, or to give them the impression that they control it. They, however, will only be interested in the land - not in running trains on it or doing anything useful with it.  

Dennis Dalla-Vicenza

View Profile  

« Reply #57 on: Oct 27th, 2016, 12:45pm »

on Oct 26th, 2016, 4:44pm, blackdog wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Seems to me that the whole ICF thing is just a means to return the corridor land to the control of the native peoples, or to give them the impression that they control it. They, however, will only be interested in the land - not in running trains on it or doing anything useful with it.  
The whole issue smells of ineptness and there are still those preferring to blindly support where no MAN has gone before. Over two years since that foolish press release and still nothing. The only real kicker is they have not said anything about pending VIA deals since that debacle ended.

I wonder if Heller could have come up with such a scenario when he was authoring "Catch 22?"

CroftonSpur88
Historian
  image-63.jpg - 70899 Bytes
« Reply #58 on: Apr 7th, 2017, 12:14am »

on Apr 2nd, 2014, 3:21pm, chrisale wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I am truly stunned at the magnitude of the victory for the railway today!  VIA and SVI have come to a tentative agreement pending ratification by the Boards and such.

The new Dayliner service will be centred in Nanaimo with service starting there in the morning, going to Victoria, leaving Victoria on the traditional run to Courtenay and back and then return to Nanaimo.  SVI put together the business plan that has now come to fruition.

Once all the stuff is signed and the funding is released the track and bridge work should take around 9 months.

What a great day!  We've all waited so long.

I'll upload pictures later.

Yes!

Well, here we are, a few days over exactly 3 years ago since this "victory for the railway".  

Suckers. There's one born every minute.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/image-63.jpg
Click Image to Resize

HwyHaulier
Historian

« Reply #59 on: Apr 7th, 2017, 8:32am »

Crofton - Lodge Members -

SIGH! Seasoned lawyers and barristers often use a phrase, "Pyrrhic Victory". Useful way of stating matters?

A vital issue otherwise? Where's the freight? Absent solid cargo hauls, where funds to support continuing  
overheads of costs of plant? Just another bill to pay for Nanaimo area taxpayers? (Old movie. Wake me when  
it is over.)

..................  Vern  .................

Ticket Agent serving...Pacific Stage Lines...Washington State System...Mt. Hood Stages...Pickwick Stages...Transcontinental & Western Air Lines.... Admitted Gold Bug..... Observant Orthodox Mossback..... H.M.R.A.O. Curmudgeons......
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »