Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jun 25th, 2017, 8:33am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

FINAL DAYS  of this Vancouver Island RAILFAN.NET Forum.
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Vancouver Island
(Moderators: SRY 110, Pyronova, Henry)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: FINAL DAYS  of this Vancouver Island RAILFAN.NET Forum.  (Read 944 times)
Pyronova

View Profile  

« on: Jul 29th, 2013, 12:35am »

After seeing the continuous disrespect by some posters here and in the Facebook Group "Rail for Vancouver Island",  it would appear that perhaps Henry should just shut down this sub-forum (Vancouver Island) of forums.railfan.net .

The same arguments and insults repeat themselves over and over and over again.  Yes, this is fueled by frustration of any announcement and/or obvious work/repair/customers to the E&N and an air of secret club by the ICF; but if we are ever to be taken seriously of being allies of the rail option of the corridor, we ALL have to be posting constructive comments and be civil with all.  Thus far, all that has been done is alienation of more people than can probably ever be regained to this forum, the Facebook group, and probably Public-at-large.

I can safely say that another schoolyard-like episode like has just happened (again) and Henry will just <Ctrl><Alt><Delete> this whole sub-board for Vancouver Island.  That means all photos and constructive threads will FOREVER be gone. Done.

I, for one, DO NOT want this to happen.    

If YOU do not want this to happen, WE will cease and desist with the same arguments and comments that WE all repeat over and over.

No more posting unless it is NEW NEWS.   NO MORE "Graham Bruce is a...." or "The ICF is a bunch of...";  THIS IS NOT CONSTRUCTIVE!!!!!!!

We can all agree that the current situation is not to our liking.  But to harp on it is just a waste of all's energy and time.

I don't want to see posts of "I'm sorry" or "I don't want the board to go" or "Why don't we just ban the troublemakers"..... more waste of time and energy.  

JUST BE CIVIL!

Moderator of: Mainline - Rail Safety; Regional Areas - British Columbia & Vancouver Island; Fallen Flags - The Milwaukee Road; & Model Railroading - N-Scale .

SRY 110
Historian
View Profile  

Re: FINAL DAYS  of this Vancouver Island RAILFAN.NET Forum.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 29th, 2013, 11:53am »

I agree but they are the Island Rail Page on FB too...it kinda sucks!

More focus on the positive...less on the negative..
Jason King
Historian

« Reply #2 on: Aug 11th, 2013, 3:58pm »

As I've mentioned before, online forums and comment sections have been taken over by people who post to either purposely drum up controversy or vent their anger when things don't go the way they think they should.

In the case of the ICF so many of these folks seem to think they know the best way to run a railway or claim to know of behind the scenes special interests but really, they have no idea.

There is no solution to this beyond active monitoring and removal of such posts but that just fuels the troll flames even more.

It's sad.

J\

Jason King
Historian

« Reply #3 on: Aug 11th, 2013, 9:01pm »

I don't know what is going on either. No one on the boards here does so my point is coming on here and complaining about it is not the way to do it. Talk to the ICF if you're unhappy. If that doesn't work, contact the media. Get them to do a story.

I'm speaking generally here btw, not accusing anyone specifically

J\

Pyronova

View Profile  

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20th, 2013, 4:14pm »

I have had to delete posts recently.

Please re-read the first post.

Moderator of: Mainline - Rail Safety; Regional Areas - British Columbia & Vancouver Island; Fallen Flags - The Milwaukee Road; & Model Railroading - N-Scale .

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »