Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 24th, 2017, 10:59pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

CN Victoria Track Photos
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Vancouver Island
(Moderators: SRY 110, Pyronova, Henry)
   CN Victoria Track Photos
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: CN Victoria Track Photos  (Read 3852 times)
Goose5
Historian
View Profile  

Re: CN Victoria Track Photos

« Reply #160 on: Nov 11th, 2007, 6:22pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Chris, I have a few photos showing switching at the mill with the bulkhead flats as well as moving them around the yard. Haven't scanned them yet but will get to those sometime soon.  

Torch, I don't remember seeing any unusual moves except the depressed center flatcar one that I have but no doubt there were a few out of the ordinary cars or spotting locations. As for the Alpha St. spur I think in later years it was used as sort of a team track where any car with a load for any business close by in the area would be spotted there. That's a guess though, I'm not definitely sure of it.  

Dave

torch
Historian

« Reply #161 on: Nov 11th, 2007, 7:39pm »

Hey vic guy.. yup  the  trucks  were  white.. probably  were  for  budget. anyhow it  was a  cool move to  see being tht it  was on a  saturday and they were on the northwest leg of the  wye.. they also had one hopper with them too.  shoot ..I  remember seeing hoppers spotted at the mac donalds bakery spur by the hi way there too.  Goose,  im sure youre right about the alfa street spur. Definately was a  team track but I was  curious as to what industrys it  wouldve served. It was stated before that win roc was possibly one of them and that makes sense.

Goose5
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #162 on: Dec 3rd, 2016, 2:52pm »

Just bumping this thread up as it relates to a current discussion on the CN pics thread.

Dave

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »