Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Sep 25th, 2017, 1:05pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Rumours & Speculation & Rants
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Vancouver Island
(Moderators: SRY 110, Pyronova, Henry)
   Rumours & Speculation & Rants
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Rumours & Speculation & Rants  (Read 21663 times)
SRY1202
Railfan
Re: Rumours & Speculation & Rants

« Reply #820 on: Feb 28th, 2011, 11:43am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Anyone have any thoughts on the new leader of the Liberals? Is there any glimmer of hope from having Christy Clark as the new Premier, or do the chances of the ICF getting any cashola still remain slim to none?

Dayliner
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #821 on: Feb 28th, 2011, 4:16pm »

The real question now is who will be the next Minister of Finance?  Could well be Kevin Falcon, which suggests that things might not change very much.

Life without trains? Inconceivable!
SRY1202
Railfan

« Reply #822 on: Mar 15th, 2011, 1:31am »

Turns out Falcon did end up as the Finance Minister. I think our only saving grace is that Blair Lekstrom was made the Minister of Transportation, he is probably one of the only Liberals that you could actually trust.

Dayliner
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #823 on: Mar 15th, 2011, 6:28pm »

True, but remember that in BC, "transportation" is a synonym for "highways".

Life without trains? Inconceivable!
vicguy
Historian

« Reply #824 on: Mar 27th, 2011, 8:53pm »

I stopped by Wellcox Yard today and was surprised to see this transload track being used again. The 3 cars were CN and there was 2 more empties in the string of cars to go to the mainland so I guess this has been going on for awhile. Anybody know what's being unloaded and for whom? Nice to see another new customer.

Chris

click here for E&N and other rail photos

Rail videos here
Damien
Enthusiast
View Profile  

« Reply #825 on: Mar 27th, 2011, 11:11pm »

Nice pic Chris  

I haven't been able to get up that way in some time. It's good to see that SRVI is still busy acquiring new or old transload customers in the yard. It makes you wonder how many additional customers might exist if the ROW was up to standard. Does anyone know who the cars are for?

SRY 110
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #826 on: Apr 6th, 2011, 12:15am »

Look like the same cars that were going to Dunsmuir for the fertilizer?

More focus on the positive...less on the negative..
endivision
Historian

« Reply #827 on: May 25th, 2011, 10:07pm »

News Story on ICF
http://www.bclocalnews.com/news/122621904.html

Save E&N Railway History
IHGB
Enthusiast
View Profile  

« Reply #828 on: Jun 17th, 2011, 1:36pm »

Track is being removed in Courtenay today  on the old CP transport siding.
They said the rail trail was going BESIDE the tracks not ON the railbed.

I guess more icf smoke and mirrors is at work.

emilydm
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #829 on: Jun 28th, 2011, 1:46pm »

So this happened on the mainland this morning - http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Barge+crashes+into+Westminster+train+bridge+closing+rail+link/5017176/story.html . This means no rail traffic can get on or off Annacis Island where SRY's barge slip is, for quite a while. Will they have to go back to using Tilbury?

SRY1202
Railfan

« Reply #830 on: Jun 28th, 2011, 2:23pm »

on Jun 28th, 2011, 1:46pm, emilydm wrote:       (Click here for original message)
So this happened on the mainland this morning - http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Barge+crashes+into+Westminster+train+bridge+closing+rail+link/5017176/story.html . This means no rail traffic can get on or off Annacis Island where SRY's barge slip is, for quite a while. Will they have to go back to using Tilbury?

Maybe the old BN slip downtown if it's still there. I haven't been to Vancouver in a while, but I'm sure they've got their options. I also can't see the Rail companies letting that bridge be out of service for too long. Too much money involved no to fix it quickly.

cn2220
Historian

« Reply #831 on: Jun 28th, 2011, 3:31pm »

The slip at Tilbury is still there. AFAIK the old BNSF slip downtown isn't compatible with the rail ferries that service the E&N.

Tyler

Long live the GE`s!!!!
grobrailman
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #832 on: Jun 29th, 2011, 8:56am »

Christy came through with 7.5 million dollars "promised" by the provinical government.....a step in the right direction...from a provincial Liberal.....I hope the Federal Conservatives will match this 7.5 million...I would say the chances are very good.

Gord.

Piglet
Historian

« Reply #833 on: Aug 2nd, 2011, 1:54am »

Not sure its headed for the island but I did see a blue pole car rolling west through Edmonton while I was putting my set together at work this afternoon so we could see one coming over soon I would hope.

we learn from the past
vanislrailway
Railfan

« Reply #834 on: Sep 29th, 2011, 12:40pm »

Well the vultures are flying around looking to make the line a rail-trail for bikes.  I know they have the trail on one side already but they could brag they have a double lane two ways then.
Take pictures guys.  Even one day if the line gets fixed we can show how bad it really got.  

I am interested in learning and preserving the history of the railway on Vancouver Island. With a lot of the History taken away we must work hard to insure our kids have the ability to watch and ride the rails we have left and enjoy seeing so much.
CPR_9199
Banned User
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #835 on: Sep 30th, 2011, 3:17am »

They can shut down our railway when they pry it from our cold,dead hands!

blackdog1
Chaser

« Reply #836 on: Sep 30th, 2011, 7:27am »

on Sep 30th, 2011, 3:17am, CPR_9199 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
They can shut down our railway when they pry it from our cold,dead hands!

Rhetoric is all very well but is anyone actually DOING anything? Like REALLY trying to get info out of the ICF? Does Canada have a Freedom of Information Act?

chrisale
Historian

« Reply #837 on: Oct 1st, 2011, 2:14am »

I don't know that there is any requirement for the ICF to publish anything.

Checking the Canada Corporations Act Part II
http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/cd-dgc.nsf/eng/cs02167.html

Quote:

All corporations, both large and small, must hold at least one annual meeting of members every calendar year and not more than 15 months after its previous annual meeting1

So who are members of the ICF exactly?  All of us on Vancouver Island?  Or only the directors/communities involved?

because...

Quote:

Each corporation is required to prepare annual financial statements for examination by the auditor. These statements will be presented to the members at the annual meeting along with the report of the auditor.

If the public is not a member, then it has no automatic access to the financial statements unless it is in the ICF Charter or Letters Patent or something of that sort which they do not seem to be required to show off.

Quote:
Record Keeping

The corporation is to keep the following records in the custody of the secretary or another officer specially charged with that duty (sections 109 and 112 of the CCA):

a copy of the Letters Patent, any Supplementary Letters Patent and all by-laws of the corporation;
the names of all persons who are or have been members;
the address and occupation of each such person while he/she is a member, as far as can be ascertained;
the names, addresses and occupations of all persons who are or have been directors, and the dates upon which each became or ceased to be a director; and
minutes of all members' and directors' meetings.
The corporation is also required to keep adequate accounting records at its head office

:+) :+? :/
------
http://www.murkyview.com
http://www.alberniweather.ca
Piglet
Historian

« Reply #838 on: Jan 2nd, 2012, 3:53am »

Just sitting here watching a vid on last runs on the island.  It was interesting that on the day of the last trip on the CN to tidewater, the CP freight from Victoria passed north bound as the GMD1 sat on the line above it.  What I found interesting were over 4 boxcars and at least 3 tank cars plus caboose (those were the days).  One wonders what businesses that used to receive their shipments by rail were represented by that train and when did they stop their rail service.  Just an interesting series of thoughts as we start the year.

we learn from the past
vanislrailway
Railfan

« Reply #839 on: Jan 4th, 2012, 2:44am »

Well it was a rumor but I checked it out and it is true.  The Roundhouse is being cleaned out and I guess stuff has been chucked and trucked.  What they did save I guess is in storage somewhere but I was told a lot got chucked from the old stuff that was no good to them but would have been good for a museum or collection.

I am interested in learning and preserving the history of the railway on Vancouver Island. With a lot of the History taken away we must work hard to insure our kids have the ability to watch and ride the rails we have left and enjoy seeing so much.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »