Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Dec 15th, 2017, 9:03am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Rumours & Speculation & Rants
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Vancouver Island
(Moderators: SRY 110, Pyronova, Henry)
   Rumours & Speculation & Rants
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...  48 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Rumours & Speculation & Rants  (Read 21790 times)
torch
Historian
Re: Rumours & Speculation

« Reply #320 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 2:34am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

im actually  gonna BE in  nanaimo  that  day  as  im there  for  this  weekend.. i have all the  time in the  world  so if  anybody  is  serious(i usually  get NO takers for  railfan buddies.what gives!)  ,  holler at me!  inbox me. thanks!

CPRail4744
Historian

« Reply #321 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 1:39am »

torch buddy,

Can I delegate you    to be a watchdog on Sunday morning to check out the movements?   I am in Kamloops and am just a bit too far away!

You da man!

« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2006, 1:41am by CPRail4744 » Logged

Matt Arnott, Kamloops, B.C.

"I would prefer to see it shipped by train..."
Bear_Creek

View Profile  

« Reply #322 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 1:46am »

Torch, you are the man, keep us posted and take photo's. I'm on the road to Yellowknife, so I won't be able to make it.

Jason King
Historian

« Reply #323 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 2:30am »

I've put in a last minute request for the day off so if it's granted, I may join you. I'll call you if I do.

Cheers.

J\

torch
Historian

« Reply #324 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 4:18am »

everybody!  i  WILL be at  welcox  on monday..i  cannot  guarentee  that i  will be  there on time  for the  barge switch but i  will try. if  i  do  miss the barge  switch, i WILL  still get  some photos  around the  engine  terminal and  such!     I  cannot be around trapp yard   sunday morn  cus  thats  when im leaving  for  nanaimo.. and  Jason..  definately call me on my  cell,k  cool!   well,  heres  hopin people! If  we  do  see  sry units showin up  at  wellcox, we will know  that its ON!

Pyronova

View Profile  

« Reply #325 on: Jun 25th, 2006, 1:55pm »

on Jun 25th, 2006, 4:18am, torch wrote:       (Click here for original message)
everybody!  i  WILL be at  welcox  on monday..i  cannot  guarentee  that i  will be  there on time  for the  barge switch but i  will try. if  i  do  miss the barge  switch, i WILL  still get  some photos  around the  engine  terminal and  such!     I  cannot be around trapp yard   sunday morn  cus  thats  when im leaving  for  nanaimo.. and  Jason..  definately call me on my  cell,k  cool!   well,  heres  hopin people! If  we  do  see  sry units showin up  at  wellcox, we will know  that its ON!

Hey torch,   when you post the pics, could you please resize them to fit everyones' screen?  thx.

Moderator of: Mainline - Rail Safety; Regional Areas - British Columbia & Vancouver Island; Fallen Flags - The Milwaukee Road; & Model Railroading - N-Scale .

CP8673
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #326 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 1:11am »

According to the Yahoogroup, 110 & 119 are now at Tilbury.  Happy barge watching tomorrow

CroftonSpur88
Historian

« Reply #327 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 2:15am »

STOKED!!!!

"the rails are somewhere under those weeds"
ENR_fan
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #328 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 3:08am »

****Very Important**** Make sure all cameras have batteries/film/memory cards... we want pics!!!
I'm in Vic and won't be up that way till next weekend, but I will be sure to stop by the yard and take some pics to add of the new power.

KootenayValleyRailway
Historian

« Reply #329 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 2:40pm »

any pictures? any pictures yet? its like being a kid in a candy store

Canadian Pacific Railway
Conductor - Calgary (Laggan/Red Deer Subs)

The Columbia & Kootenay Railway - "The railway from nowhere to nowhere" ~ William Van Horne (1893)
Jason King
Historian

« Reply #330 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 3:09pm »

They are here. See the details under my post "SRY is on the Island" though as it's breaking news, not much else to tell yet. Pictures to follow.

Cheers.

J\

B_Winkler
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #331 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 4:34pm »

I have posted my pics from this morning.  I was down watching the barge being unloaded.  

They are in the "post your E&N pics"

Aaron Lypkie
Historian

« Reply #332 on: Jun 26th, 2006, 11:39pm »

Yep those are nice engines. I sure do like the new paint job. Too bad it isnt in a green and yellow similar to the E&N Railfreight. Oh well, at least the E&N is going to have a new operator, so hopefully this is the start of more things to come.  

Welcox yard sure looks overgrown.

Aaron

boxcar
Historian

« Reply #333 on: Jun 27th, 2006, 1:07am »

maybe they'll get the 2099, i can't see ra taking that with them.

Ttm Alyth yard
Cody
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #334 on: Jul 31st, 2006, 5:13pm »

Small world.  

I worked alongside Darwin Generous on the weekend at the Lehigh / Heidelberg site at Bamberton.  This is the guy I saw on the local news with the plan for a Duncan-Chemainus steam run with teh #11 from Ladysmith.

I won't quote all of what he told me about his plans to refurbish the #11 and run it as a tourist steam operation as that wouldn't be fair, but he seems quite serious.   He is a business owner and knows his stuff.  There is a plan for the refurbishment of the boiler and running gear, and plans for rolling stock.    

If he pulls it off the visuals would be great.   Imagine driving the Island Highway pacing a steam train!

chrisale
Historian

« Reply #335 on: Jul 31st, 2006, 10:58pm »

I can only hope that the Alberni Pacific Railway has a chance to beat him to that goal.  I can hardly wait to ride that Steam Train up over the Hump with it's incredible views of the Alberni Valley, over the trestles around Cameron lake and down Highway 4a.

There is just something about riding in a steam train.  Hope the #11 has success as well.

on Jul 31st, 2006, 5:13pm, Cody wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Small world.  
Imagine driving the Island Highway pacing a steam train!

:+) :+? :/
------
http://www.murkyview.com
http://www.alberniweather.ca
Pyronova

View Profile  

SRY_Catalyst_NEW_Boxcars.jpg - 32264 Bytes
« Reply #336 on: Oct 8th, 2006, 3:11am »

On Saturday Oct 7 2006, I saw a string of about 15 brand-new SRY boxcars waiting in a BNSF siding SW of the New Westminster Bridge.    The interesting thing about these bright RED new boxcars was the "Catalyst" logo on the right side of the boxcar.........  And they are report marked SRY.

Hmmmmmm   potential Alberni usage?   Would be nice.......

Only the Cell-phone camera available........

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/SRY_Catalyst_NEW_Boxcars.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Moderator of: Mainline - Rail Safety; Regional Areas - British Columbia & Vancouver Island; Fallen Flags - The Milwaukee Road; & Model Railroading - N-Scale .

vicguy
Historian

« Reply #337 on: Oct 8th, 2006, 3:33am »

on Oct 8th, 2006, 3:11am, Pyronova wrote:       (Click here for original message)
On Saturday Oct 7 2006, I saw a string of about 15 brand-new SRY boxcars waiting in a BNSF siding SW of the New Westminster Bridge.    The interesting thing about these bright RED new boxcars was the "Catalyst" logo on the right side of the boxcar.........  And they are report marked SRY.

Hmmmmmm   potential Alberni usage?   Would be nice.......

Only the Cell-phone camera available........

Thanks for the pic! Does SRY serve any Catalyst mills on the mainland? That would be great if they were for Port Alberni.

Chris

click here for E&N and other rail photos

Rail videos here
Aaron Lypkie
Historian

« Reply #338 on: Oct 8th, 2006, 4:04am »

Hmmm, that is interesting.
I am thinking the same thing about Catalyst having possible operations on the Mainland.  
I was told by a collegue that Catalyst isnt going back to rail (he found out from someone in Port Alberni). I cant confirm what he is saying is true or false, but then again there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes that we probably dont know about.  

I just hope thta SRY is able to find more freight traffic for the E&N (not just Port Alberni).

FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #339 on: Oct 8th, 2006, 12:28pm »

on Oct 8th, 2006, 4:04am, Coastrail wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Hmmm, that is interesting.
I am thinking the same thing about Catalyst having possible operations on the Mainland.

Catalyst has a paper recycling plant in Coquitlam. Catalyst leases 900 railcars; most, if not all, are SRY units. Pyronovas' picture is some proof.
http://www.catalystpaper.com/communities/communities_greatervan_division.xml

« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2006, 12:31pm by FSD8014 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24  ...  48 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »