Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Mar 23rd, 2017, 4:15pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Rumours & Speculation & Rants
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Vancouver Island
(Moderators: SRY 110, Pyronova, Henry)
   Rumours & Speculation & Rants
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...  48 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Rumours & Speculation & Rants  (Read 21216 times)
FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

Re: Rumours & Speculation

« Reply #300 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 10:26pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

on Jun 21st, 2006, 1:34pm, DuxDucis wrote:       (Click here for original message)
The latest rumour I've heard is that two of SRY's GP9s (#110 & #119) are going to be sent to the Island as early as late July.  They have been taken out of service and are being repainted and receiving other minor repairs/upgrades/adjustments.

Documentation is being prepared in the New Westminster RTC Office, including train sheets, OCS clearance forms, and TOP forms.  The Chief RTC and Assistant Operations Manager both visited the E&N in May.

I would expect you won't be seeing any GMD1s on the island until late this year if at all.  

Excellent news, DuxDucis. Kind of nice to have a rumour that originates on the mainland. Documentation is the thing I've personally been waiting to hear about. Theres nothing wrong with a couple GP 9s to pull trains here. I hope to hear 567s soon. Funny how the start date keeps slipping back, though.

Jason King
Historian

« Reply #301 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 10:52pm »

http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=214223

A picture of 110 if anyone is interested.

Cheers.

J\

ENR_fan
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #302 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 11:09pm »

Thanks for the pic Jason. I like the look of those SRY GP9's, they'll look even nicer w/ shiney new paint! It appears that SRY #119 is trailing SRY #110 in that picture which is both the units indicated by DuxDucis.

CP8673
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #303 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 11:38pm »

on Jun 21st, 2006, 1:34pm, DuxDucis wrote:       (Click here for original message)
The latest rumour I've heard is that two of SRY's GP9s (#110 & #119) are going to be sent to the Island as early as late July.  They have been taken out of service and are being repainted and receiving other minor repairs/upgrades/adjustments.

Documentation is being prepared in the New Westminster RTC Office, including train sheets, OCS clearance forms, and TOP forms.  The Chief RTC and Assistant Operations Manager both visited the E&N in May.

I would expect you won't be seeing any GMD1s on the island until late this year if at all.  

Thanx for the heads up, and, as I see only a couple of posts from you, welcome to the forum.

B_Winkler
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #304 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:11am »

on Jun 21st, 2006, 10:26pm, FSD8014 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Funny how the start date keeps slipping back, though.

There would be lots of stuff going on now.  Probably an amazing amount of work with agreements, insurance, business plans and all of the other things required to set up a new company.  

All of this before anything is hauled on the E&N.  

FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #305 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 1:24am »

I know, B Winkler. Lots of stuff to do first. But isnt it amusing that each time a date is put forward its a little forward of the last one? Ya gotta have a good sense of humour and a poor sense of time about this!

Jason King
Historian

« Reply #306 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 1:34pm »

I've heard that by this time next year, we'll have a few more rumours to report about who is expected to be taking over the line in a month or so, hopefully by the fall of 2007...  

J\

Cody
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #307 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 8:17pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Railamerica has now spent twice as many years in the process of "leaving" the Island as they ever did actively running the railway as a willing operator.

When you compare the date of takeover of operations from CP, to the date of the first embargo by Railamerica, it makes you wonder.

CPRail4744
Historian

« Reply #308 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 4:27am »

The weeds and brush will be REALLY tall by the time Fall of 2007 rolls around...

Seriously, though, when I took the Dayliner trip in March, the conductor said he would have let me stand up with the engineer more, except they had to be extra vigilant because there were scouts around those days checking out the efficiency of the line, and the crew did not want to be distracted and liable for anything.  I presumed he was referring to SRY scouts.

« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2006, 4:31am by CPRail4744 » Logged

Matt Arnott, Kamloops, B.C.

"I would prefer to see it shipped by train..."
torch
Historian

« Reply #309 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 8:22am »

if you  guys  have  heard, there  is  apparently an  SRY movement  handled by bnsf from trapp yard, to the tilbury ferry dock planned for sunday morning  around 8 am...  monday is e&n barge day  so you  guys be  the judge.  what i just heard from the yahoo group (fitting title) , is  that take over begins july 1st!  hmm.. we ll see....but  this sry movement to tilbury is apparently real .

CP8673
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #310 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 9:02am »

on Jun 23rd, 2006, 8:22am, torch wrote:       (Click here for original message)
if you  guys  have  heard, there  is  apparently an  SRY movement  handled by bnsf from trapp yard, to the tilbury ferry dock planned for sunday morning  around 8 am...  monday is e&n barge day  so you  guys be  the judge.  what i just heard from the yahoo group (fitting title) , is  that take over begins july 1st!  hmm.. we ll see....but  this sry movement to tilbury is apparently real .

I didn't hear about the move to Tilbury, but I did hear the SRY power was possibly going to arrive "early" as the current E&N power is completely worn out.  It would be great if someone on the other side of the pond is able to check out just what SRY hauls to the barge & posts the details.

(I just went & looked at the yahoo postings - both are from peole with "inside information")

« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2006, 9:11am by CP8673 » Logged
95XXX
Historian
View Profile  

Via_2004_007-2.jpg - 73884 Bytes
« Reply #311 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 10:54am »

As to simply why Via and crews do not allow riders up front.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/Via_2004_007-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

95XXX
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #312 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 10:57am »

I wonder if the new paint is SRY colors or E&N green and gold.

95XXX
Historian
View Profile  

budd_crash_2.jpg - 86176 Bytes
« Reply #313 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 11:37am »

This Engineer was killed trying to push people out of the cab while smashing into a cement truck.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/budd_crash_2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

CP8673
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #314 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 12:07pm »

on Jun 23rd, 2006, 11:37am, 95XXX wrote:       (Click here for original message)
This Engineer was killed trying to push people out of the cab while smashing into a cement truck.

When & where?

95XXX
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #315 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 1:18pm »

Holtsville 1967 LIRR

cn2220
Historian

« Reply #316 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 5:02pm »

on Jun 23rd, 2006, 10:57am, 95XXX wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I wonder if the new paint is SRY colors or E&N green and gold.

It would be nice to see them in the Green and Yellow. BTW, you guys will be getting some nice power, those SRY GP9's are very nice units, better engines than the GP38's and our junk, IMHO.

Tyler

Long live the GE`s!!!!
FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #317 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 10:14pm »

Since we're discussing the news from the Yahoo group, it might bear mentioning that 'SRY RTC' on RailsNorthWest has posted this: "July 1st is the planned take over date of the E&N operations by the SRY. Two GP9s, #110-119 are the planned units to be sent to Vancouver Island." So, who alls gonna go watch them offload the barge on June 26th? Besides me, I mean...

CP8673
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #318 on: Jun 23rd, 2006, 11:29pm »

on Jun 23rd, 2006, 10:14pm, FSD8014 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Since we're discussing the news from the Yahoo group, it might bear mentioning that 'SRY RTC' on RailsNorthWest has posted this: "July 1st is the planned take over date of the E&N operations by the SRY. Two GP9s, #110-119 are the planned units to be sent to Vancouver Island." So, who alls gonna go watch them offload the barge on June 26th? Besides me, I mean...

I'd be there but I gotta work and Monday is the one day I cannot trade off or call in sick or otherwise ditch this week, so I have to sit this one out.

DuxDucis
TRAINing
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #319 on: Jun 24th, 2006, 1:47am »

I think I know that sry_rtc guy  

You could almost say the 110-119 are "disposable."  I'm not an engineer or mechanic but there is something electrically different with those two units which prevent them from being mu'd with any other SRY units.  That's why they were on Annacis working the autorack jobs.

Where the GMD1s can be mu'd with SRY's other power, which make them more valuable to keep on this side of the Strait.

It appears the 110-119 are being repainted into the standard SRY/Washington Group paint scheme.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  ...  48 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »