Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. May 28th, 2017, 8:35am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Rumours & Speculation & Rants
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Vancouver Island
(Moderators: SRY 110, Pyronova, Henry)
   Rumours & Speculation & Rants
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...  48 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Rumours & Speculation & Rants  (Read 21513 times)
Cody
Historian
View Profile  

Re: Rumours & Speculation

« Reply #240 on: Feb 27th, 2006, 12:24am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I searched the A-Channel website but the story was not included in the webpage highlights so I guess that's that.   I wish I had flicked the T.V. on a few moments sooner.

FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #241 on: Feb 27th, 2006, 2:43am »

It occurred to me tonight that the A-Channel report might have been about View Royals grant to the ICF. The time line is about right. http://town.viewroyal.bc.ca/newsroom/index.php?cmd=news&SUID=&id=239

FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #242 on: Feb 27th, 2006, 11:44am »

Did anyone know that the ICF website is up?  http://islandcorridorfoundation.ca/

Pyronova

View Profile  

« Reply #243 on: Feb 27th, 2006, 7:30pm »

on Feb 27th, 2006, 11:44am, FSD8014 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Did anyone know that the ICF website is up?  http://islandcorridorfoundation.ca/

It doesn't work well and has basicly no information.   Most links don't work.

Moderator of: Mainline - Rail Safety; Regional Areas - British Columbia & Vancouver Island; Fallen Flags - The Milwaukee Road; & Model Railroading - N-Scale .

FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #244 on: Feb 27th, 2006, 7:49pm »

Really, did you expect it to be any different than what else we've gotten from them in the last few years? The information in it has mistakes- I'm sure someone from this board could've been asked for their rendering (Tyler has a good one on the net). Though it could've been as messed up as the Save on Foods TV ad no-one saw.

cn2220
Historian

« Reply #245 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 12:46am »

on Feb 27th, 2006, 7:30pm, Pyronova wrote:       (Click here for original message)

It doesn't work well and has basicly no information.   Most links don't work.

Probably still under construction.

Tyler

Long live the GE`s!!!!
FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #246 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 8:57am »

This is interesting. From the town of View Royal website: http://town.viewroyal.bc.ca/upload/nwd241.pdf     Its the mayors breifing note to council about the transfer.

Cody
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #247 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 11:14am »

That is the most informative document posted on this site in the last five years.

It is funny to think that R.A. has spent more time 'leaving' the Island than they ever spent as a committed rail carrier here.   It's kinda like a bad relationship.   It started with a one-night stand, and seven years later they're still arguing over the kids.

boxcar
Historian

« Reply #248 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 12:16pm »

so i wonder what will happen to the 2099?

Ttm Alyth yard
Jason King
Historian

« Reply #249 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 12:42pm »

So the View Royal PDF was an interesting read. The 2.3 Million donation, as well as annual $250,000 donations are a sign that at least the ICF will have some operating capital, unlike previous groups attempting to take over the line.

With Wellcox not being included though, and the clause about a donation being made upon sale of the land, it makes one think about where the railway will have it's base of operations unless this is a long term plan. Crofton rumours starting to make more sense now?

Also, no mention of the yard in Port Alberni which I believe CP still owns? And Songhees, that will be interesting to see how that works out.

J\

CP8673
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #250 on: Feb 28th, 2006, 9:11pm »

on Feb 28th, 2006, 12:16pm, boxcar wrote:       (Click here for original message)
so i wonder what will happen to the 2099?

Either it will b e donated to a museum or you will be shaving with it one day

FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #251 on: Mar 21st, 2006, 11:15am »

The View Royal pdf., section 2.4 stated that "The ICF/CPR agreement includes a potential donation of a right of way within the Songhees Yard and connecting to the downtown Victoria property which is the VIA station site if CPR can not finalise a donation to the city of Victoria. The remainder of the Songhees yard is expected to be the subject of a sale by the CPR shortly." Firstly, is there any update to the donation of the ROW within the Songhees yard through to the VIA station to the city of Victoria? Secondly, is there a private buyer for the Songhees yard?  http://town.viewroyal.bc.ca/upload/nwd241.pdf

boxcar
Historian

« Reply #252 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 11:13am »

so i wonder if we'll see an increase in frieght movements?

Ttm Alyth yard
FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #253 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 7:36pm »

There is a report in the Yahoo C-P-R group (message #40069), that reads: "I have it from a source inside the Washington Group that they have purchased the locos for this operation (E&N). The units are now in New West. being refitted."  I guess my question would be are there units in New West being refurbished besides the GMD-1s?

FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #254 on: Mar 23rd, 2006, 10:10pm »

From an article in the "Westcoaster" (www.westcoaster.ca): (Port Alberni Mayor Ken) "McRae said the ICF has signed a memorandum of understanding with a rail company but said he couldn't reveal that company's name." A note here if you read the article that the sale price of the Port sub is listed as $135 million-its actually $1.35 million.   http://westcoaster.ca:8080/modules.php?name=News&file=print&sid=473

Jason King
Historian

« Reply #255 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 12:14am »

Wow, there are so many mistakes in that article I don't what to believe...

J\

B_Winkler
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #256 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 9:50am »

A story "Many Options Considered" on the front page of the Nanaimo Bulletin claimed that the Washington Group paid ICF a $50,000 exclusive negotiation deposit to work out a deal to contract private rail service on the island.  

FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #257 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 9:53am »

I dont know about you guys, but I thought that was good. Near the top of the article it states:"The ICF is now negotiating with a rail operator to provide service.", yet towards the bottom says:" ...the ICF has signed a memorandum of understanding with a rail company..." Which is it? Was something leaked? What I glean from all this is that the selection process is down to one potential operator. I agree that the article has mistakes, heck, the ICF website has mistakes-but I think the picture is starting to become clearer. What I dont get is why, now they own it outright, arent they announcing the operator(s)?

B_Winkler
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #258 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 10:08am »

on Mar 24th, 2006, 9:53am, FSD8014 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
What I dont get is why, now they own it outright, arent they announcing the operator(s)?

Because, most times, while you are negotiating a deal with someone, you do not talk about it in public.  Once the deal is done, or at least done in principal, there will be an announcement.

FSD8014
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #259 on: Mar 24th, 2006, 10:40am »

on Mar 24th, 2006, 10:08am, B_Winkler wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Because, most times, while you are negotiating a deal with someone, you do not talk about it in public.  Once the deal is done, or at least done in principal, there will be an announcement.

I know. "the ICF has signed a memorandum of understanding with a rail operator but said he couldn't reveal that company's name." Perhaps your earlier post regarding a $50,000 payment for exclusive bidding rights qualifies as a "memorandum of understanding"?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20  ...  48 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »