Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Oct 22nd, 2017, 9:55am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Vancouver Island Model Railways
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Vancouver Island
(Moderators: SRY 110, Pyronova, Henry)
   Vancouver Island Model Railways
« No topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...  16 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Vancouver Island Model Railways  (Read 14375 times)
Jason King
Historian
Re: Post your Model or Virtual E&N Photos

« Reply #20 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 3:02am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I apologise if I've missed a post about this, but will we be able to get a copy of the route when it's done?

Cheers.

J\

ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #21 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 10:39am »

My goal is to have version one uploaded to Train-sim.com sometime in the next couple of months before Easter. The route is classsified as freeware and everyone can download it for free from that site.  

Version One is all lines North of Stockett Junction and is set in the mid to late 80s.

Version Two is all lines South Of Stockett Junction and includes the original route. I will be also adding the CN yard, slip and line as far as Borden Mercantile. I have also wanted to add the CN line in Cowichan bay but may leave this for a third version due to a lack of prototype information.

« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2005, 10:53am by ENR3005 » Logged
Jason King
Historian

« Reply #22 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 1:54pm »

on Jan 7th, 2005, 10:39am, ENR3005 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
My goal is to have version one uploaded to Train-sim.com sometime in the next couple of months before Easter. The route is classsified as freeware and everyone can download it for free from that site.  

Excellent. Will give me a reason to dust off my copy and re-install it. You mentioned something about seeing if you could include a locomotive as part of a motive power pack. Are you going to be including locos with the route?

Cheers.

J\

ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #23 on: Jan 7th, 2005, 9:07pm »

I will also throwing together freight car and locomotive package. Some items have already been uploaded to Train-sim.com. All you have to do is a search for my last name in the file library and you will find everything that I have uploaded to date.

ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #24 on: Jan 11th, 2005, 10:00pm »

After being inspired by the recent release of the Surfliner route by Facing Point, I decided to give Scale Rail and roads a shot again, the result being that the entire Victoria subdivision has been Scale Railed with no dynamic track. The Port Alberni Sub will be done in the near future with a different texture to reflect a better maintained rail line. This was a huge decision to do this partially due to the Train-sim community moving toward using products like Scale Rail and the rumour being that Scale Rail will be used in the next generation of train simulators put out by companies like Trainmaster. With the amount of time that I have invested in this project I want to make sure that it will survive a couple of years and perhaps be compatible with the newer sims that come out. I will post some screen shots in the next couple of nights for you guys to check the difference between the default track and Scale Rail and Roads. I think most of you will be happy with the results.

ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

New_Track_Textures.jpg - 95046 Bytes
« Reply #25 on: Jan 17th, 2005, 9:42pm »

Here are some of the new track textures that I made using real E&N photos as the background and edited to fit. On the left is some Port Sub mainline track on the right some Victoria Sub mainline track.

I had a little problem with the route editor on the weekend and lost two weeks of work due to a track database problem that I did not notice until it was too late During my rebuild of the route with scale rail and roads, tiles with high object counts above 1,000 became corrupt in the Nanaimo to Nanoose Bay and Courtenay areas, leaving empty tiles with no objects except for partial track and roads. I have made backups of the route luckly and have gone back to the point that the problem started. Hopefully I will get it right this time.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/New_Track_Textures.jpg
Click Image to Resize

cn2220
Historian
  wellcoxeras.jpg - 66189 Bytes
« Reply #26 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 4:37pm »

Thought I'd post this. Motive power from different eras on the E&N.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/wellcoxeras.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Tyler

Long live the GE`s!!!!
ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #27 on: Jan 28th, 2005, 9:35pm »

That would the type of image I would love to see on the front of an E&N book! Too bad we couldn't get the real ones lined up for such a photo.  

I will be posting some route update screenshots in the near future as soon as I convince my wife to let me steal the modem from her computer.

cn2220
Historian
  SFCAN011.jpg - 74638 Bytes
« Reply #28 on: Feb 1st, 2005, 6:23pm »

I'm working on several activities and motive power for the E&N under a Virtual Railroad. The OVS(Ohio Valley Systems) which is expanding their shortline division.

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (74638 bytes, 1016x620 pixels)

Click Here to View Image SFCAN011.jpg - 74638 Bytes

Tyler

Long live the GE`s!!!!
cn2220
Historian
  ENR901.jpg - 71042 Bytes
« Reply #29 on: Feb 2nd, 2005, 5:26pm »

ENR 901 and 900 on the Courtenay Turn at French Creek.

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (71042 bytes, 921x514 pixels)

Click Here to View Image ENR901.jpg - 71042 Bytes

Tyler

Long live the GE`s!!!!
ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

1.jpg - 75067 Bytes
« Reply #30 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 2:24am »

Those look good, I like colour the scheme   I will be downloading those whenever you upload them. I have been playing around with my own scheme to a CN GP38-2W based on an image you uploaded several months back. I will have some shots of the unit in the near future.

I have now fixed the broken coupler issue completely. I have removed all the dynamic track from the route and it seems to have fixed that issue. I am quite happy with how the scale rail looks and all I have too figure out now is how to apply some rail joints to my textures. I have now rebuilt the line with a large amount of scenery from Courtenay as far as Jayem. I am rebuilding Nanaimo again at this time will have shots posted in the next little while. I have opted to use some default buildings and replace them later with my own custom buildings using route riter at a later date. Below are some images of the new work that has been completed to the line for the second time as a result of my change to scale rail and roads.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/1.jpg
Click Image to Resize

ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

2.jpg - 47396 Bytes
« Reply #31 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 2:26am »

Little Qualicum River bridge

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

3.jpg - 55468 Bytes
« Reply #32 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 2:27am »

National Silicates only have done, I am finishing the roof which is a seperate shape due to the high poly count.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/3.jpg
Click Image to Resize

ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

4.jpg - 51291 Bytes
« Reply #33 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 2:28am »

Shot of new trackage at Wellcox

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/4.jpg
Click Image to Resize

ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

5.jpg - 29860 Bytes
« Reply #34 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 2:30am »

Shot of the wye arrangement on the loading appron and a correct track arrangement to Haida transporter which now holds as many cars as the prototype. The slip itself is now under construction.

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (29860 bytes, 901x761 pixels)

Click Here to View Image 5.jpg - 29860 Bytes

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2005, 2:30am by ENR3005 » Logged
ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

7.jpg - 91503 Bytes
« Reply #35 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 2:31am »

A shot of the yard in Port Alberni showing the different track textures and new road textures

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (91503 bytes, 902x767 pixels)

Click Here to View Image 7.jpg - 91503 Bytes

cn2220
Historian
  enr3877d.jpg - 79860 Bytes
« Reply #36 on: Feb 3rd, 2005, 5:43pm »

The route looks great with ScaleRail and ScaleRoads. BTW ENR 3876 and 3877 are now available in the file library at www.train-sim.com. I had to redo the 2099, the freeware GP20 isn't the greatest. I'm going to use one of Dick Cowen's GP9's. I might also redo 3809 and 3870, as I used the wrong shade of blue and the numberboards on 3870 are too big. 6148 in the current paint scheme, 6133, and 6207 are all done, I just need to contact Gatean Belanger and see if he'll let me upload the skins. I've also repainted the 2 SW1500's that were supposed to come out here last year.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/enr3877d.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Feb 3rd, 2005, 5:58pm by cn2220 » Logged

Tyler

Long live the GE`s!!!!
ENR3005
Historian
View Profile  

EN_Courtenay1.jpg - 106922 Bytes
« Reply #37 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 1:52am »

I have spent the last couple of hours revising my scenery gantries. Here are the new ones I have come up for the Victoria Sub north of Parksville. Starting to look a little more the way I had envisioned them.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/EN_Courtenay1.jpg
Click Image to Resize

torch
Historian

« Reply #38 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 4:32am »

now THIS looks fantastic!

Bear_Creek

View Profile  

« Reply #39 on: Mar 2nd, 2005, 10:19am »

Good work guys!!! Looking very good. Now I just need to try and find a copy of MSTS.

Adam

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...  16 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« No topic | Next topic »