Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. May 29th, 2017, 5:26am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

CANFOR/WFP(Englewood railway) Logging Pics.
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Vancouver Island
(Moderators: SRY 110, Pyronova, Henry)
   CANFOR/WFP(Englewood railway) Logging Pics.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  24 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: CANFOR/WFP(Englewood railway) Logging Pics.  (Read 35695 times)
CLC Fan

View Profile  

Re: CANFOR/WFP(Englewood railway) Logging Pics.
  IMG_3463C.jpg - 102934 Bytes
« Reply #300 on: Apr 8th, 2010, 11:49pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

After dropping off some of the empties at Siding 3 (about 1 km behind the train) the train pulls out for Camp-A.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/IMG_3463C.jpg
Click Image to Resize

CLC Fan

View Profile  

304-302CampA.jpg - 125005 Bytes
« Reply #301 on: Apr 8th, 2010, 11:53pm »

Here they are arriving just shy of Camp-A Reload.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/304-302CampA.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Jun 3rd, 2010, 11:18pm by CLC Fan » Logged
CLC Fan

View Profile  

304-302CampA-2.jpg - 139601 Bytes
« Reply #302 on: Apr 9th, 2010, 12:02am »

Building the next train.  I followed them back down as far as Siding-3 when I terminated the chase due to darkness and rain, and a full memory card.  I didn't get home until after midnight... ugh. Long day.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/304-302CampA-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

tfctrains
Historian

« Reply #303 on: Apr 9th, 2010, 1:35am »

on Apr 9th, 2010, 12:02am, CLC Fan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Building the next train.  I followed them back down as far as Siding-3 when I terminated the chase due to darkness and rain, and a full memory card.  I didn't get home until after midnight... ugh. Long day.

Great pictures, Sidewinder and I were up there last week, it was also midnight when I got home. It hard to leave the Nimpkish Valley!

Sidewinder
Historian
  Maquilla-2.jpg - 132613 Bytes
« Reply #304 on: Apr 17th, 2010, 2:54pm »

on Apr 8th, 2010, 11:45pm, CLC Fan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Well, at long last and after numerous tries I finally got to chase a train.    I spent the afternoon exploring and chasing a train from Beaver Cove to Camp-A Reload and then back to Siding 3 when it finally got too dark and I ran out of space on my memory card.

Here's the train leaving Beaver Cove with a load of empties.

Nice!  So you finally got to the right place at the right time.  Really like the photo showing the train leaving the cove.

We visited Maquilla a few days ago.  Here the 301 arrives on the run-around track with a string of empties for the reload.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/Maquilla-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

canfor113
TRAINing

« Reply #305 on: Apr 24th, 2010, 3:38pm »

nice picture. what happened to the 303? i hardly see pictures of it anymore, can someone post some pics of it on here please.

« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2010, 3:39pm by canfor113 » Logged
Mill_Bay
Enthusiast

« Reply #306 on: May 12th, 2010, 3:23pm »

I was sorting through a bunch of old videos last night, that someone gave me to put onto DVDs. One of them had an old news feature on the Canfor railway, made when the railroad workers were presented with an award regarding the historic nature of their way of life. I can't quite remember which historical association it was the recognized them.

Anyway, it was quite interesting to see the railroad, including lots of moving shots onboard the train, as well as an excursion of school students with the old 113 and commentary from two of the remaining steam engineers.

tfctrains
Historian
Re: CANFOR Logging Pics.
  image0_Medium.jpg - 109291 Bytes
« Reply #307 on: May 16th, 2010, 1:37am »

on Dec 20th, 2007, 1:12am, tfctrains wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Mile 12.85 CFP's Englewood Railway, Halfway Islands Creek Trestle, now removed and by-passed. Frank Carter Photo

Another picture from the past. CFP 303 southbound at Steele creek.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/image0_Medium.jpg
Click Image to Resize

CLC Fan

View Profile  

Canfor303-Nimpkish.jpg - 134475 Bytes
« Reply #308 on: May 16th, 2010, 11:10pm »

on Apr 24th, 2010, 3:38pm, canfor113 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
nice picture. what happened to the 303? i hardly see pictures of it anymore, can someone post some pics of it on here please.

#303 seems to be tarped over and out of service for about 2 years now? It's usually parked somewhere around the Nimpkish shops.  I have pics of it there in April 2009 and it was still there on April 14, 2010 when the picture below was taken.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/Canfor303-Nimpkish.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Sidewinder
Historian
  Tsulton.jpg - 140171 Bytes
« Reply #309 on: Jun 7th, 2010, 12:24am »

Tfctrains and I decided it was time for a driving tour of the Nimpkish Valley for old time's sake.  We ended up on a cross country jaunt on a bush-encroached road with minimal walking required to get to the site of the Tsulton River bridge.  Bear sign everywhere.  Had a discusssion who should be bear bait but we got back to the truck before an altercation presented itself!  I had not seen the bridge since 1984.  Looks somewhat different.  The Tsultan River bridge is at M4.3 of the Englewood Railway.  It would have been nice to see a train, but since it was Saturday, a day and a half wait did not seem like a good idea.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/Tsulton.jpg
Click Image to Resize

wx732
Railfan

« Reply #310 on: Jun 7th, 2010, 1:27am »

As I have seen noted in many a place remember the following:

Don't have to be faster than the bear.  Just have to be faster than slowest member of party

I'd love to go north & do a rail tour, but...still have a lot to do around here.  We (Daniel, my 4.5 Year old) and I went around the circle route from Duncan- Renfrew, and boy can you tell when you leave the railway ROW and go onto the road instead...

James

Mill_Bay
Enthusiast

« Reply #311 on: Jun 7th, 2010, 3:48pm »

Wow! That's another excellent picture of the line. Even though it's not a wood trestle, it's still a pretty neat looking bridge, with great scenery in the background. There are just so many structures up there that cry out to be modelled, too. I really like that picture.

Sidewinder
Historian

« Reply #312 on: Jun 8th, 2010, 1:47am »

on Jun 7th, 2010, 4:32am, CLC Fan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Oh wow, I was going to go to the same spot on saturday as well but ended up staying close to home tied up with other things.  The whole time at the back of my mind I was having thoughts of regrets as the weather turned out beautiful.  Nice pic, btw!

Going off track here; I recall a hiking joke. 2 guys are out hiking when one suddenly stops, sits down, takes off his hiking boots and starts tieing on his running shoes. His partner stops to watch and asks him what he's doing.  He replies, "I'm putting on my running shoes."  His partner says, "I can see that, but why?"  "Bears" he says. "You idiot, you can't outrun a bear."  The guy looks up at him calmly and says, "I don't need to outrun the bear. I need to outrun you."  

It would have been great meeting you in the valley.  Would rather bump into you than a bear.

You and wx732 might have the scenario all wrong, by the way.  If I was a bear, I would bypass the old, tired, probably tough and stringy catch and head straight for the young, fast, probably good and tender one!

« Last Edit: Jun 8th, 2010, 1:48am by Sidewinder » Logged
Sidewinder
Historian

« Reply #313 on: Jun 8th, 2010, 1:49am »

on Jun 7th, 2010, 3:48pm, Mill_Bay wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Wow! That's another excellent picture of the line. Even though it's not a wood trestle, it's still a pretty neat looking bridge, with great scenery in the background. There are just so many structures up there that cry out to be modelled, too. I really like that picture.

Thanks.  Looking forward to seeing your model!

Mill_Bay
Enthusiast

« Reply #314 on: Jun 11th, 2010, 3:38pm »

on Jun 8th, 2010, 1:49am, Sidewinder wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Thanks.  Looking forward to seeing your model!

Ha-ha, that may be a while,  . Especially since the railway I really want to model is the PGE and not Canfor. However, the part of the PGE I was thinking of imagineering is the part that never got built: the Dease Lake line extending north from Fort St. James. There was a lot of log haul on the operated portion of that line, however, so I look at the Canfor operation as having a lot of elements that could easily be translated to that kind of freelance concept. I've always particularly liked the idea of most of the bridges on Canfor being combined road-rail bridges, which would be just perfect for the type of operations I want to try.

Sidewinder
Historian
  Vernon.jpg - 175128 Bytes
« Reply #315 on: Oct 15th, 2010, 6:59pm »

WFP will be handling more loads than usual out of Vernon over the next number of months.

The photos show the 301 arriving at the Vernon run-around with a string of 35 empties September 30, 2010.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Vancouver/Vernon.jpg
Click Image to Resize

tfctrains
Historian

« Reply #316 on: Oct 15th, 2010, 10:29pm »

on Oct 15th, 2010, 6:59pm, Sidewinder wrote:       (Click here for original message)
WFP will be handling more loads than usual out of Vernon over the next number of months.

The photos show the 301 arriving at the Vernon run-around with a string of 35 empties September 30, 2010.

Great photo's Sidewinder, it is time you took your pal for a tour in Canfor Country.

ENRFAN
Historian

« Reply #317 on: Oct 17th, 2010, 11:58am »

How long of a drive from goldriver? half hour 45 minutes?? I'll be working in gold river all next week it would be cool to get some shots of a real train!

tfctrains
Historian

« Reply #318 on: Oct 18th, 2010, 1:57am »

on Oct 17th, 2010, 11:58am, ENRFAN wrote:       (Click here for original message)
How long of a drive from goldriver? half hour 45 minutes?? I'll be working in gold river all next week it would be cool to get some shots of a real train!

We have not been through that way for years not sure of the road condition these days, if I remember right it is about 25 miles through that
way and would take at least an hour or more. Someone in Gold River should be able to let you know present conditions, Good Luck

ENRFAN
Historian

« Reply #319 on: Oct 18th, 2010, 9:19am »

I went camping at  vernon lake on may long weekend and i went in through woss and came out through goldriver but i made lots of stops and detours so i can't remember exactly how long it took. The road was in great condition as far as logging roads go. I'll scout it out and take some pictures though.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  24 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »