Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 21st, 2017, 9:00am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Train Hits Scooter
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   The Mainline
   Train Simulators
(Moderators: slosh, BNSF_1088)
   Train Hits Scooter
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Train Hits Scooter  (Read 657 times)
zwsplac
Historian
Train Hits Scooter
  trainhitsscooter.jpg - 63134 Bytes
« on: Jul 16th, 2004, 8:54pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

See for yourself! This was weird, I've never seen anything like it. The only thing I can think of is that the crossing activated while the scooter was crossing the tracks.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/TrainSims/trainhitsscooter.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Jul 16th, 2004, 8:55pm by zwsplac » Logged

Editor of frograil.com's Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska Railfan Pages
Visit them at frograil.com

BNSF_1088
Historian
Re: Train Hits Scooter

« Reply #1 on: Jul 18th, 2004, 10:35pm »

DAMN

BNSF Conductor

Director of
Save Our Trains Michigan

CSX B40-8
Historian

« Reply #2 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 12:12pm »

did you get a good whack at'em?

aXion23
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 1:29pm »

Well, I hope he was wearing a helmet!

-Mike

Locomotive Database

My Photo's at RailPictures.net
Pennsy
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 4:16pm »

Hi All,

What happened to the scooter driver ? Looks like he might have been able to walk away from this encounter.

Dyed in the wool PRR fan.
zwsplac
Historian

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 6:12pm »

Well, I can't see his head! 'Course, you'd have to be about headless to cross the tracks in front of a train anyway, especially on a scooter. THere was no guts or gore after this incident. In fact, the scooter just kind of dissappeared into the train. When I pulled back to see what happened, there he was, still trying to get across the tracks. Anyway, if this happens again, I'll hope for a semi!!!  

Pennsy
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19th, 2004, 8:15pm »

Hi All,

The actual vehicle is besides the point. He could have been on foot, or in a tank and the result would be the same. That person has no regard for his safety and is a menace to himself and others that would have to pick up the pieces, not to mention the trauma that the engineman would be put through.

SideTracked
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #7 on: Jul 20th, 2004, 9:59am »

I dont mean to change the subject, but what do the crews do if there is a vehicle in their way? Hit the floor of the incase it comes up to the cab? jump out?

CSX B40-8
Historian

« Reply #8 on: Jul 20th, 2004, 4:39pm »

on Jul 19th, 2004, 1:29pm, aXion23 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Well, I hope he was wearing a helmet!

and knee pads!!

Quote:
Well, I can't see his head! 'Course, you'd have to be about headless to cross the tracks in front of a train anyway, especially on a scooter.

thats the headless horseman's brother....the headless scooter delivery man from Pizzia Hut!!!

CSX B40-8
Historian

« Reply #9 on: Jul 20th, 2004, 4:42pm »

on Jul 20th, 2004, 9:59am, SideTracked wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I dont mean to change the subject, but what do the crews do if there is a vehicle in their way? Hit the floor of the incase it comes up to the cab? jump out?

i dont think you'd want to jump outta a freight doing 65moh. they lay on the horn and if the vehicle doesnt move within a certain footage,the lock up the brakes and go full dynamic brakes and brace for impact!

Pennsy
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #10 on: Jul 20th, 2004, 6:22pm »

Hi CSX,

Not too long ago a situation like that happened here. The Enginewoman then ran to the second engine in the lash-up and curled into a ball against a wall. The engines rolled on their sides, the first few cars, box cars, were torn open as if a can opener got to them, and what they hit was not identifiable any longer. Probably a pickup truck, fully loaded. Believe it or not, no injuries. Everyone got out okay.  

The good Lord protects the fools and the drunks.

CSX B40-8
Historian

« Reply #11 on: Jul 21st, 2004, 2:39am »

kool...and engine woman. ive seen a few of them before. and you aint lie'in cat....da good lord protects all....even those who needs to be hit repeatedly in da head with a lead pipe and a concrete bat!!!

drivergto97
Railfan

« Reply #12 on: Jul 27th, 2004, 6:07am »

on Jul 19th, 2004, 8:15pm, Pennsy wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Hi All,

The actual vehicle is besides the point. He could have been on foot, or in a tank and the result would be the same. That person has no regard for his safety and is a menace to himself and others that would have to pick up the pieces, not to mention the trauma that the engineman would be put through.

Good point Alan, although I think that in a tank the idiots would have a better chance at surviving.. not to mention they would have a "fighting chance"  

regards,

Mike

Canadian National 7312
Former Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 7:18pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

on Jul 16th, 2004, 8:54pm, zwsplac wrote:       (Click here for original message)
See for yourself! This was weird, I've never seen anything like it. The only thing I can think of is that the crossing activated while the scooter was crossing the tracks.

Not to get off subject but.... What route is that?? It looks kinda cool........

zwsplac
Historian

« Reply #14 on: Dec 27th, 2004, 11:34pm »

on Dec 27th, 2004, 7:18pm, Canadian National 7312 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Not to get off subject but.... What route is that?? It looks kinda cool........

The Route is the Lehigh Valley line from Train-Sim.com. It is SUPER COOL!!!!! There are so many lines to take, you can get totally lost in a hurry, plus the steel mill trackage is my favorite to work. This is a great territory, and I'd recommend it if you dont' have it.

Canadian National 7312
Former Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 28th, 2004, 8:26pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Does it have a lot of crossings or not a lot like on Mirias Pass when there every 50 miles??

RN-16
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #16 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 12:59pm »

It seems that the scooter isn't setup correctly with all the other elements in the spawner. Another one of MSTS's bugs.

-Jeff

Dan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #17 on: Sep 26th, 2005, 11:00am »

I did that with a car and SD40-2!

Gif from Frograil

Known by CSX crews in NW Georgia as "that kid". Avid MSTS/Trainz/RTC Simmer.
NS_conductor
Historian
  train_2007-12-23_18-33-44-34.jpg - 55167 Bytes
« Reply #18 on: Dec 23rd, 2007, 8:09pm »

hit my first ever car after having ain sim for two years today!The car was just sitting on the crossing.I have played this activity over and over and it has never happened before.Just goes to show you that train sim can throw some curveballs at you every once in a while!I eventually got stopped about 35 cars after the unfortinate collision,moved the camera back to the crossing and the car was still there.I wasnt surprised, after being hit by three ES44DC's i wouldnt either! Here is a pic of the car under a Central Soya car!

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/TrainSims/train_2007-12-23_18-33-44-34.jpg
Click Image to Resize

M.A. Payne
On cable TV they have a weather channel -- 24 hours of weather. We had something like that where I grew up. We called it a window.
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »