Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. May 22nd, 2017, 1:32pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

TROLLEYFEST
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Transit and Commuter
   Traction
(Moderators: , NS3360)
   TROLLEYFEST
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: TROLLEYFEST  (Read 138 times)
silver_champion
Historian
TROLLEYFEST
  h14-2.jpg - 29570 Bytes
« on: Oct 2nd, 2008, 2:12pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

A Trolleyfest will be held in Darby, Pa. on Oct.18,2008.
A PCC car will be there for you to ride for free. Other event programs will
also be there.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Traction/h14-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Walt_C
Historian
Re: TROLLEYFEST

« Reply #1 on: Oct 5th, 2008, 8:41pm »

That Photo looks like 10th Street in Darby ( on the old Route 62- now the Route 13 extension) if it is, the barbershop where I used to get my hair cut ( when I had Hair) is just out of the picture on the left side.

« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2008, 8:41pm by Walt_C » Logged

Please move to the rear and speed your ride-Regards, Walt
Pennsy
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #2 on: Oct 6th, 2008, 10:55am »

Good looking PCC. Walt, why would you want to leave your hair at the Barber shop ? At any rate, these days you are quite in style. Lots of the neighborhood kids are shaving their heads so that they all look alike. You know that they are shaving because they develop five o'clock shadow quickly.

« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2008, 10:57am by Pennsy » Logged

Dyed in the wool PRR fan.
Walt_C
Historian

« Reply #3 on: Oct 6th, 2008, 4:22pm »

Alan-- That PCC is one of the PCC II cars that are used on the restored Route 15. ( Completely rebuilt 1947 All Electric PCC cars from the same series of cars that run in San Franscisco. The only thing "PCC" about them is the body. Everything else- electrical & mechanical components, their trucks,the air conditioning units on top of the cars, and the wheelchair lifts in the center door area---- are new)  They only are run into Darby on fan trips & special excursions. My Barbershop days at that location go back to the 1950's & early '60's. Not much hair to have cut these days. ( BTW Route 62, which is what those tracks were, was the world's shortest streetcar route-- 1/1/4 mile round trip between the Darby and Yeadon Loops)

« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2008, 4:38pm by Walt_C » Logged

Pennsy
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #4 on: Oct 6th, 2008, 8:20pm »

Interesting point on the barber shops. My barber really complains about the younger, and some fellas that want to be younger, shaving their heads. No barber required for these fellas. So, he has to raise his prices to keep ahead of his expenses. Vicious cycle.

Dyed in the wool PRR fan.
silver_champion
Historian

« Reply #5 on: Oct 11th, 2008, 1:57pm »

Walt C, When I was a kid and younger man I used to get my haircut there also. Please everone come out for the Trolleyfest.

Walt_C
Historian

« Reply #6 on: Oct 11th, 2008, 7:09pm »

on Oct 11th, 2008, 1:57pm, silver_champion wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Walt C, When I was a kid and younger man I used to get my haircut there also. Please everone come out for the Trolleyfest.

I remember the good natured discussions we used to have about Yeadon High School Vs Darby-Colwyn H.S. basketball games in those days. And you could watch the Route 62 Streetcar pass by the window while you waited for your turn in the "chair".

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »