Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Sep 25th, 2017, 12:54pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Steamtown 2011 Excursions
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Tourist Railroads and Museums
   Steamtown
(Moderators: NKP759fan, strasburg90)
   Steamtown 2011 Excursions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Steamtown 2011 Excursions  (Read 2814 times)
mikehanes
TRAINing
View Profile  

Re: Steamtown 2011 Excursions

« Reply #40 on: Oct 15th, 2011, 5:57am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Very happy to see they were able to do the run to the viaduct this year. Thanks for giving this information .I think  line is busy now so it was good to see how they were able to do it.
-------------------------------------
Steamtown

Steamtown
565fan
Historian

« Reply #41 on: Oct 26th, 2011, 12:03am »

This is it, boys and girls... The season finale for 2011 of train excursions out of Scranton.  Saturday, Oct 29 will be a steam trip to Moscow, PA, and Sunday, Oct 30 is the diesel train to Tobyhanna.  I'm not sure if 514 will lead the Tobyhanna trip, or the Lackawanna F3s.  Last weekend had 514 running Long Hood Forward on both trips to Tobyhanna.  
Here are some shots I took on the gloomier of the two days.  Saturday's train featured a stop at the Gouldsboro station.

A 1950s GM (EMD) loco meets a 1930s Ford

514 comes to a halt at PA route 423 in Tobyhanna

Besides the turn of the Century stations still standing, and the 1915 era tower, there are other relics still in use on this rail line.  

www.project3713.com

565fan
Historian

« Reply #42 on: Oct 31st, 2011, 10:24pm »

Did anyone photograph either of the October 29 or 30 excursions in the snow?  I heard it was "blizzard-like" conditions in Moscow on Saturday.
Sunday's excursion utilized 3254 and 514 on the Tobyhanna run.  3254 to allow the steam heat on the Eastbound journey, but she ran home separately ahead of the excursion.  This delayed arrival in Scranton for the passengers.  This alone was an inconvenience, but since the crews were dedicated to the excursion, there was no one to work the Scranton Limited, and no staff to lead the shop tours.  
Not the best way to end a season.  

www.project3713.com

565fan
Historian

« Reply #43 on: Nov 21st, 2011, 10:38pm »

The Holiday Express trains kick off this weekend, with departures at 11 AM on Friday and Saturday, and then the following Saturday.  Anyone going out to chase? Or does it depend on the weather?

Either way, have a Happy Thanksgiving.  

www.project3713.com

Pages: 1 2 3  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »