Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 22nd, 2018, 6:35am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

New CSX Signal
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Physical Plant - Track, Structures and Signals
   Signals
(Moderator: NJ Railfan)
   New CSX Signal
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: New CSX Signal  (Read 441 times)
CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

New CSX Signal
  New_Signal_at_CPA-000.19_small.jpg - 193295 Bytes
« on: Oct 10th, 2013, 8:53pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

So, what kind of indications can we expect once this signal gets cut in? This signal is located at the apex of the wye where the Amoco Branch comes into the Peninsula Sub near CA25. The wye is to the left and the rest of the branch is to the right. I assume the new signal will be turned so trains coming off the branch can see them. The new box is labeled "SE AMOCO WYE CPA-000.19"
A lot of track work has been done in the area and the switches are now powered. I'm told they will be remote controlled by radio so the crew does not need to hit the ground to line them for their move.
CHESSIEMIKE

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Signals/New_Signal_at_CPA-000.19_small.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
scottychaos
Historian
Re: New CSX Signal

« Reply #1 on: Oct 10th, 2013, 10:22pm »

on Oct 10th, 2013, 8:53pm, CHESSIEMIKE wrote:       (Click here for original message)
This signal is located at the apex of the wye where the Amoco Branch comes into the Peninsula Sub near CA25. The wye is to the left and the rest of the branch is to the right.

oh sure, I know where that is..its that spot where the CSX GE widecabs run, next to that tree that has leaves on it, near that one house that has some windows, on that road with the yellow stripe down the middle..I would know that spot anywhere..

Scot

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

CSX_8594_at_Amoco_Wye_small.jpg - 175224 Bytes
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11th, 2013, 6:44am »

"CSX GE widecab"; what's that? All I ever see here in VA is SD50s. You must be from the other side of the tracks ;>)
CHESSIEMIKE

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Signals/CSX_8594_at_Amoco_Wye_small.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2013, 6:45am by CHESSIEMIKE » Logged

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
TAB
Historian

« Reply #3 on: Oct 16th, 2013, 6:22pm »

....to me that signal looks very Euro-style and....much like the designs of some of the new engines and stations, is a tad past my ability to appreciate with any favor. Interesting though...Tom

Moderator...Scratchbuilding and Kitbashing
CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

Amoco_Wye_Signal_small.jpg - 209729 Bytes
« Reply #4 on: Nov 5th, 2013, 11:03pm »

Well, it looks like it is active now. I noticed it turned and lit on 11/4/13.
CHESSIEMIKE

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Signals/Amoco_Wye_Signal_small.jpg
Click Image to Resize

troy12n
TRAINing

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17th, 2013, 12:14am »

Those are switch indication lights as part of a remotely controlled (by radio, from the train) powered switch. They are pretty common in dark territory.  

These things DO NOT convey track authority or block occupancy, they only indicate switch position

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17th, 2013, 2:38pm »

Thanks troy12n. That is what I was thinking. I have as yet to see it other than Red. Can I assume it will light up Green for the direction the switch is thrown? Will this also be an indication for the switches at the other ends of the wye?
CHESSIEMIKE

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

Oil_Train_K080-17_at_Amoco_Wye_small.jpg - 147637 Bytes
« Reply #7 on: Feb 20th, 2014, 9:43pm »

They have been making good use of the remote controlled switches at this location. On 2/20/14 at 1600Hrs a K080-17 Oil Train came through with a bit of foreign power. CP #9512, a CW44AC leads BNSF #9108, a SD70ACe down the branch.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Signals/Oil_Train_K080-17_at_Amoco_Wye_small.jpg
Click Image to Resize

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

CSX_7771_small.jpg - 190570 Bytes
« Reply #8 on: Aug 7th, 2014, 12:14am »

Here is how it looks when they use the east leg of the wye. CSX #7771, a C40-8W on train H773-23.
CHESSIEMIKE

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Signals/CSX_7771_small.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Ronal_Fadillah_IRF
Chaser
View Profile  

« Reply #9 on: Mar 8th, 2018, 1:00am »

on Aug 7th, 2014, 12:14am, CHESSIEMIKE wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Here is how it looks when they use the east leg of the wye. CSX #7771, a C40-8W on train H773-23.
CHESSIEMIKE

It's a semipermanent speed limiter signal

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »