Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 19th, 2018, 7:54am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Why We Blow Whistles Engineers Story
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   The Mainline
   Rail Safety
(Moderators: prostock19, CP8673, , Pyronova, cn2220, BNSF_1088)
   Why We Blow Whistles Engineers Story
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Why We Blow Whistles Engineers Story  (Read 1749 times)
trainman786
Railfan
Re: Why we blow whistles engineers story

« Reply #20 on: Mar 20th, 2006, 10:26am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

on Feb 23rd, 2005, 7:50pm, RailCop wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I have responded many times to fatal accidents, both motorists and trespassers, and it's never easy.

You got THAT right, Kevin!  Working a scene like that is hard.  I worked an accident as a Paramedic--a car-train collision just outside of Alexandria VA in 1986.  Drunk driver tried to beat a train and didn't make it.  The driver survived (perhaps unfortunately for the gene pool) but his wife and baby didn't...

A friend of mine who was a member of the local law enforcement was also working the wreck--she said it took everything she had to keep from doing physical harm to the driver while taking him into custody.

The driver was charged with 2 counts of intoxication manslaughter but from what I understand, he plea-bargained it down to simple reckless endangerment.  Go figure...

Jim

Another ferroequinologist out chasing trains! www.austinsteamtrain.org
dethomas01
TRAINing
Lawsuits

« Reply #21 on: Nov 5th, 2006, 3:37pm »

Quote:
The legal proceedings were all settled in 1992 outside of court and fortunately for Brian and myself, we didn't have to testify. From what my lawyer told me, the families actually lost money by filing suit. Too bad, so sad.

Did the families' lawyers lose money for encouraging them to file what turned out to be frivolous lawsuits? Probably not.

CN7059
Historian

« Reply #22 on: Apr 26th, 2007, 10:15pm »

I am posting http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2764246 this link here because I thought people might be interested in reading the reactions of the general public to someone getting hit by a train and filing a lawsuit. I also posted a link to the article at the beggining of the thread, and to this thread, in the forum linked to in this post.

Grant Williamson, Saanich BC

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #23 on: Apr 27th, 2007, 4:11pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Inteseting site

Anthony

Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »