Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jan 20th, 2018, 12:24am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

DON'T DO WHAT THESE PEOPLE DID.
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   The Mainline
   Rail Safety
(Moderators: prostock19, CP8673, , Pyronova, cn2220, BNSF_1088)
   DON'T DO WHAT THESE PEOPLE DID.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: DON'T DO WHAT THESE PEOPLE DID.  (Read 3053 times)
BNSF_1088
Historian
Re: DON'T DO WHAT THESE PEOPLE DID.

« Reply #20 on: Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:09pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

on Sep 22nd, 2003, 10:05pm, nkp774 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Any idea if the police got down there to talk to them?

I don't know it was about 20 miles west of avondale it is out in the woods i hope they did.

BNSF Conductor

Director of
Save Our Trains Michigan

BNSF_1088
Historian

« Reply #21 on: Sep 25th, 2003, 10:09pm »

If i see them this weekend i will make sure they get arrested for trespassing on RR property.

BNSF Conductor

Director of
Save Our Trains Michigan

trainwatcher1100

View Profile  

« Reply #22 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 11:37am »

on Sep 21st, 2003, 10:45pm, RailCop wrote:       (Click here for original message)
...a lady said "it's alright. The mayor told the railroad to hold all the trains till after the show"...

Just for a nanosecond, imagine every puffball local mayor having that kind of clout!

Quote:
I love my job.

I'll bet you do.
- Bob

« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2003, 11:38am by trainwatcher1100 » Logged
hudsonelectric
Historian

« Reply #23 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 4:38pm »

After living in Louisiana for 12 years, I'm not suprised by this. There are brainless yahoos out there that will do anything...and I mean anything! Like the night I was coming home on I-10 making the turn by the Superdome and came up on an old jalopy pickup truck full of junk doing almost 30 tops with NO LIGHTS! The bad part about this is that it can often involve innocent people. These are the guys that throw the styrofoam coolers and beer cans in the bayous, shoot up the road signs, etc.  

BNSF_1088
Historian

« Reply #24 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 11:45am »

on Sep 27th, 2003, 4:38pm, hudsonelectric wrote:       (Click here for original message)
After living in Louisiana for 12 years, I'm not suprised by this. There are brainless yahoos out there that will do anything...and I mean anything! Like the night I was coming home on I-10 making the turn by the Superdome and came up on an old jalopy pickup truck full of junk doing almost 30 tops with NO LIGHTS! The bad part about this is that it can often involve innocent people. These are the guys that throw the styrofoam coolers and beer cans in the bayous, shoot up the road signs, etc.  

You got that right i have never seen so may stupid people in my life untill i came down here.

BNSF Conductor

Director of
Save Our Trains Michigan

BNSF_1088
Historian

« Reply #25 on: Sep 30th, 2003, 2:47pm »

Please feel free to show off or use my pictures to help people understand the dangers of playong around RR tracks i just want people to see what some people think is funney or just a game when it is not.

Thanks  
Matt

BNSF Conductor

Director of
Save Our Trains Michigan

NJ Railfan
Historian

« Reply #26 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 9:53pm »

Amazing pictures Matt! Looks like you had a bluebonnet engine.  

It's like another world down in that part of the south, just a completely different way of living, and thiking, from the midwest and east. I have seen foolish things done down in those areas (although I've seen crazy a$$ things here too!).

I'll bet those guys have about as much sense as they have teeth.

Check out My Railroad Photos!

http://www.railroad-photography.com/

*All photos posted on this site and my website are copyright protected, please do not use without my permission. Thanks.*
BNSF_1088
Historian

« Reply #27 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:09am »

I gave a copy of the pics to the TM and it is going all the way to the BNSF Police we our not suppose to have camras on the engine but for this it got waived big time.

BNSF Conductor

Director of
Save Our Trains Michigan

trainwatcher1100

View Profile  

« Reply #28 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 4:26am »

on Oct 3rd, 2003, 12:09am, BNSF_1088 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
...we our not suppose to have camras on the engine but for this it got waived big time.

I should certainly hope so! Maybe it's time they mounted a permanent dashboard videocam in locomotives, like the cops.

BNSF_1088
Historian

« Reply #29 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 8:00pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2003, 4:26am, trainwatcher1100 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

I should certainly hope so! Maybe it's time they mounted a permanent dashboard videocam in locomotives, like the cops.

I wish they would have a feild day

BNSF Conductor

Director of
Save Our Trains Michigan

5727chaser
Railfan

« Reply #30 on: Oct 9th, 2003, 10:46pm »

Those people need to be told that if they persist in doing outrageously irresponsible things like that, they're going to end up in jail or end up in the morgue!

Lawn chairs...that's the funniest part of all. Just like he's sat in his own back yard. I take pictures of the trains here, so I'm around the tracks a lot, and people just do not seem to have the same regard for railroad property (and railroad safety) as every other type of trespassing violation!

« Reply #31 on: Oct 10th, 2003, 12:08am »

Ben, on NS we have a program called RailView. Many of our newer locos are equipped with the system. There is a small camera mounted in the windshield (upper left corner of engineers glass). It records everything and stores it digitally for 72 hours. It's been a fantastic aid when investigating incidents. It records visually out the glass and the sounds of the horn and bell. Add this to the information on the event recorder and we can get every detail of an incident. Next time there's an NS engine in your consist check to see if the camera is there. It's just a little box in the window with a small red LED that blinks where the system is energized. The rest of the system is housed in a box down in the nose.

Let's 'B-Safe' out there,
Kevin
NJ Railfan
Historian

« Reply #32 on: Oct 12th, 2003, 10:29pm »

on Oct 10th, 2003, 12:08am, RailCop wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Ben, on NS we have a program called RailView. Many of our newer locos are equipped with the system. There is a small camera mounted in the windshield (upper left corner of engineers glass). It records everything and stores it digitally for 72 hours. It's been a fantastic aid when investigating incidents. It records visually out the glass and the sounds of the horn and bell. Add this to the information on the event recorder and we can get every detail of an incident. Next time there's an NS engine in your consist check to see if the camera is there. It's just a little box in the window with a small red LED that blinks where the system is energized. The rest of the system is housed in a box down in the nose.

I never knew that existed. Reminds me of the system Metra uses, cameras mounted in the locomotive cabs and focused on the platforms. Now if they could only prevent the accidents...  

Check out My Railroad Photos!

http://www.railroad-photography.com/

*All photos posted on this site and my website are copyright protected, please do not use without my permission. Thanks.*
trainwatcher1100

View Profile  

« Reply #33 on: Oct 13th, 2003, 6:03am »

on Oct 10th, 2003, 12:08am, RailCop wrote:       (Click here for original message)
...on NS we have a program called RailView...

Never knew about that, Kevin. Now if only there were a way to download those authentic cab's-eye videos... - Bob

Railroadman
Historian

« Reply #34 on: Oct 13th, 2003, 10:23am »

on Oct 13th, 2003, 6:03am, trainwatcher1100 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Never knew about that, Kevin. Now if only there were a way to download those authentic cab's-eye videos... - Bob

10-4

The best locomotives D9-40CW, AC4400,
and SD70MAC. Maby you can beat the train...
Maby you are dead wrong Lets add Amtrak
to the list of favorite RR'S too.!!

Ham Radio call sign KC8ZFW

The Best Horn K5LA.!!

The Best Signal C&O Cantilever.!!

NS Pokey Dispatrcher to the 233 over.
trainwatcher1100

View Profile  

« Reply #35 on: Oct 15th, 2003, 6:38am »

on Sep 27th, 2003, 4:38pm, hudsonelectric wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Now that Matt's moved to Illinois, I'll miss his reports on those brainless yahoos. But we have our share up North, too. In fact, we've got those cooler-throwers beat. Crossing the Delaware on I-95, I was admiring the pristine scene of the river dressed in early-fall colors and wishing that the Bel-Del branch still ran all the way to Trenton, when I noticed a big two-door ice machine (the kind you see in front of gas stations and convenience stores) perched in a tree on one of the little islands.

BNSF_1088
Historian

« Reply #36 on: Oct 15th, 2003, 10:45am »

on Oct 15th, 2003, 6:38am, trainwatcher1100 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Now that Matt's moved to Illinois, I'll miss his reports on those brainless yahoos. But we have our share up North, too. In fact, we've got those cooler-throwers beat. Crossing the Delaware on I-95, I was admiring the pristine scene of the river dressed in early-fall colors and wishing that the Bel-Del branch still ran all the way to Trenton, when I noticed a big two-door ice machine (the kind you see in front of gas stations and convenience stores) perched in a tree on one of the little islands.

Bob my frist trip up to Chi and this is what happened i think bad luck is looming over me

http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=Safety;action=display;num=1066188954

BNSF Conductor

Director of
Save Our Trains Michigan

Charlie_O
Historian
  walkintherails.jpg - 55938 Bytes
« Reply #37 on: Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:21pm »

Well, here's another poster boy for what not to do along RR tracks.  This might look like a lonely stretch of desert rail, but in fact it's the former B&O main through Philly, and these tracks see alot of traffic.  

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/Safety/walkintherails.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2003, 10:22pm by Charlie_O » Logged

Some days, the most interesting person you meet is a river with a train running beside it.
trainwatcher1100

View Profile  

« Reply #38 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 5:29am »

Too bad you didn't get his face, Charlie. This guy looks so casual that I suspect he does this all the time. One of these days he's gonna pay for it, and an identifiable photo would be useful to the railroad when his family tries to sue.  
- Bob

BNSF_1088
Historian

« Reply #39 on: Oct 23rd, 2003, 11:36am »

There is one more IDIOT that is not thinking.

BNSF Conductor

Director of
Save Our Trains Michigan

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »