Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Oct 22nd, 2017, 4:53pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Welcome!
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   The Mainline
   Railroading
(Moderators: CN5710, RobR)
   Welcome!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Welcome!  (Read 773 times)
RobR
Historian
Welcome!

« on: Dec 23rd, 2002, 2:18pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Welcome ot the Railroading forum on Railfans.net!  This forum will be devoted to learning about what its really like dealing with these monstrous rolling snakes we all love day in and day out.  

And maybe we'll learn a bit about what it's like for railroaders to be dealing with railfans, too!

As always, please keep things civil.  We're all friends here!

Your friendly neighborhood moderator,
RobR

Rules about what makes a good railroad photograph have caused the loss of millions of great railroad photographs!
RDG484
Former Member
Re: Welcome!

« Reply #1 on: Feb 10th, 2004, 10:31pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Railfans step right up!  I work Train No. 151 Mon through Wed from 30th St. Philadelphia to Washington and return on No. 20, The Crescent, back to Philly.  Thursday and Friday, I work Train No. 648 from Philly to New York, 55 from NY to DC, and ride back on 198 to Philly.  Off weekends.  We'll talk about HO models, the Reading, and the P&W.  I'm the tall Italian fella in uniform.

LehighValley107

« Reply #2 on: Feb 17th, 2004, 11:09am »

I run trains out of Fleminton NJ, on the BR&W. Both freight and passenger. I personally don't have a problem with railfan taking pictures, looking around or talking to me!  

Regards,
Christopher W. Barany

"The route of The Black Diamond"

MH765
Historian

« Reply #3 on: Mar 8th, 2004, 5:36pm »

I am a docent at the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum(I conduct tours, tell history about trolleys), and my dad is a trolley operator . Between January and April, the museum is closed, April-December they are open.

"NS H86, Main Line over!"
Passenger_Extra
Historian

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23rd, 2004, 7:02pm »

Im a RR museum docent also, and a qualified brakemen, but my real joy is explaining to folks how real railroads operate, and how they used to operate in their golden era, when the country kept time to them.

Light rail pays the bills and keeps the lights on for me.   If it runs on tracks, I love it!

Not good on trains 1, 2, 5, 6, 25 & 26 west of Washington D.C. and trains 27 & 28.
ShortlineHogger
TRAINing

« Reply #5 on: Jun 18th, 2005, 9:59am »

Hi all, I'm new to the board, and this seemed like a good place to introduce myself.  I'm an engineer for the Stillwater Central RR, working out of Oklahoma City, usually running to Tulsa (Sapulpa OK)  I am in the OK Air National Guard, and got called up to active duty for 5 months, and currently deployed to Pease ANGB New Hampshire.  I was getting bored sitting around the hotel on my days off here, so I worked myself into a part time job with the Conway Scenic RR in North Conway NH running trains for them when they need an extraboard engineer, on my off time.  Thought it would be fun to run some vintage passenger trains in the mountains.  My background is pretty diverse, was active duty Air Force for 8 years, in Alaska and Germany, left the AF to play trains with CSX, started in Atlanta, transfered to Savannah, worked as both Condr and Engr, took a management job in the shortline world, managed 2 switching operations and a 65 mile shortline RR, got tired of the hours, and location (VERY rural Texas) and took a job pulling the sticks for the SLWC, a WATCO owned shortline.  I get released from active duty in Sep, and I'll go back home to run trains again.  Looking forward to running the Conway Scenics F units, and GP-9 in the valley until then.
TR
herodt@yahoo.com

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »