Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Dec 17th, 2017, 10:26pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

New work on RVRR
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regionals and Short Lines
   Rahway Valley
(Moderator: Henry)
   New work on RVRR
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: New work on RVRR  (Read 5036 times)
norbi
Enthusiast
New work on RVRR

« on: Mar 15th, 2005, 7:29pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Monday march 14 we started work on RVRR right by Rahway River and Liberty ave right now we are putting new ties there and already taking all the 131lb rail from Roselle and starting to lay it there nest to the ties, probably this or next week we may start setting ties and rail on them and start spiking them if plans dont change.

wis_bang
Railfan
View Profile  

Re: New work on RVRR

« Reply #1 on: Mar 16th, 2005, 11:36am »

I saw the Hi-rail truck at Liberty Ave. crossing yesterdayat lunch time...

Grandson of a LV conductor & I remember the EL running behind the Univ of Scranton too!
norbi
Enthusiast

« Reply #2 on: Mar 16th, 2005, 5:05pm »

If it was a white dump truck you probably even saw me with it because i was with it  and we were dumping plates there with another truck that was carrying rails.

wis_bang
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 10:36am »

Comming in this am and I saw (2) hi-rail trucks at the crossing on the boulevard in Kenilworth. Loading ties?

Grandson of a LV conductor & I remember the EL running behind the Univ of Scranton too!
norbi
Enthusiast

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 4:54pm »

YOu will probably see more and more equipment in Kenilworth since thats where we keep our trucks and equipment, today we finally brought all the rail that is needed from Rahway River bridge which i found out will probably be rebuilt and stay to Liberty Ave.  Tomorros if anybody is going to be in Liberty Ave area probably tomorrow we will be leaving rails on the other side of Liberty Ave going toward Costco and 22 today we already left plates there.

« Last Edit: Mar 17th, 2005, 4:56pm by norbi » Logged
rvrrhs
TRAINing

« Reply #5 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 2:27pm »

Norbi,

Has any work (brush clearing, rail/tie removal, etc.) been done on the Springfield side of the Rahway River bridge?

-Alan B.

Remember the Rahway Valley Railroad. Join the RVRRHS.

norbi
Enthusiast

« Reply #6 on: Mar 21st, 2005, 3:12pm »

No work has been started past Rahway River bridge since thats the last stage in RVRR rehabilitation so after work from Cranford to bridge is done probably thats when we will start working there but nothing was even touched over there not even a tree was cut yet.

norbi
Enthusiast

« Reply #7 on: Apr 4th, 2005, 9:04pm »

As of this week we laid out ties half way from Rahway bridge toward Liberty ave and this week it should be done with ties and then rail will put put and spiked, work will be going from the bridge and by the next week work should pass Liberty and go toward rd 22 and Jeager Lumber.

wis_bang
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #8 on: Apr 11th, 2005, 4:52pm »

Today, on my way to lunch, I noticed that the M&E gang has removed the pine trees in the ROW to the east of the Liberty ave crossing. They were pulling up the old rail that was under the trees...

norbi
Enthusiast

« Reply #9 on: Apr 12th, 2005, 8:05pm »

Yes today we finally removed those nice trees but of well they were in a way,  we cut the old rail and making room now for new on,  we already laid out ties from bridge to Liberty ave crossing so tomorrow rail is next.

wis_bang
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #10 on: Apr 20th, 2005, 4:02pm »

Today, I saw some ties and rail growing south/east from Liberty Ave.

norbi
Enthusiast

« Reply #11 on: Apr 20th, 2005, 4:13pm »

Yea we finally got on the other side of Liberty Ave going toward Jeager Lumber but still have more work to do going toward bridge and crossing has to be done

MarkRouters
Enthusiast

« Reply #12 on: Apr 28th, 2005, 10:17am »

Hi guys
A little off topic.  Just thought some of you might be interested.  Google has a new free service.  They purchaced a company that took sattelite pctures of most of NJ.  When looking at them you can zoom in pretty far.  I've been using them to follow old railroad lines.  I used it to follow the Rahway Valley from Cranford to Summit.  Check out the link below.  You can see where the tracks cross 22.  Just above 22 you can see the triangle where the tracks split.  The top left goes towards Summit and the top right goes towards Maplewood.   If you want to follow the tracks just click on the screen and drag it.  Use the zoom bar on the left to zoom in closer and get a better look.    

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=summit,+nj&ll=40.692501,-74.293059&spn=0.007457,0.009484&t=k&hl=en

« Last Edit: Apr 28th, 2005, 10:20am by MarkRouters » Logged
MarkRouters
Enthusiast

« Reply #13 on: May 3rd, 2005, 3:20pm »

Norbi
Any new progress since your last post on 4/20/05 ?

norbi
Enthusiast

« Reply #14 on: May 3rd, 2005, 4:06pm »

Yes we crossed on the other side of Libery Ave, finished with ties all the way to the junk yard and laid out rail about 1/4 of a way toward rd 22   look at the updates on my page at  http://www.norbertoksana.com/

wis_bang
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #15 on: May 5th, 2005, 1:53pm »

Looks like they are working at the dead end of Iorio.

norbi
Enthusiast

« Reply #16 on: May 5th, 2005, 4:09pm »

Today we reached back of the junk yard and after that i think we may move to Roselle Park to put new rails and ties there

MarkRouters
Enthusiast
  rahway_valley_1.jpg - 84279 Bytes
« Reply #17 on: May 15th, 2005, 8:24pm »

norbi
I was near Librty Ave a week or two ago and I took a couple pics of your work.  Hope you don't mind.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/RV/rahway_valley_1.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: May 15th, 2005, 8:30pm by MarkRouters » Logged
norbi
Enthusiast

« Reply #18 on: May 15th, 2005, 8:35pm »

Hey i dont mind people taking pictures and i remember you taking this picture and we thought that it was somebody from township or county taking this picture, right now work in Union is temporarly done and we moved to Roselle Park right by North Ave (Westfield Ave) and now we are laying ties some plastic and tomorrow we will start laying rails and keep on moving to kenilworth probably then.

MarkRouters
Enthusiast
  rahway_valley_2.jpg - 68009 Bytes
« Reply #19 on: May 15th, 2005, 8:35pm »

Pic 2

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/RV/rahway_valley_2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »