Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 28th, 2017, 5:43pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Atlanta - Chattanooga HSR???
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Varnish
   Passenger Trains
(Moderator: coaster)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Atlanta - Chattanooga HSR???  (Read 93 times)
George_Harris
Historian

« on: Nov 1st, 2016, 11:01pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Do what?  Just saw this in the on-line Progressive Railroads.  This from the city and state that won't even do anything to improve the current station situation for the Crescent?
Here is the page in Georgia DOT giving links to the various papers:
http://www.dot.ga.gov/IS/Rail/AtlantatoChattanooga
At the top are listed FRA, TennDOT and GADOT.  Guess they had some undesignated funds to squander.  Does it appear like I am skeptical about this project?  Yes, to the point of it is in my list of things to expect after I see a aerial race between flying pigs.  This is from a guy that thinks that the Calif HSR is a great idea and needed and wondering why they they haven't started construction on Dallas-Houston yet.
If you have time to waste, it mentions three public hearings: Nov 15 in Atlanta, Nov 16 in Chattanooga, and Nov 17 in Dalton GA.  Addresses in the document.  The document also gives links to the DEIS (Draft Environmental Impact Statement) and appendices.  Somewhat curious as to what they say, but not sure enough to read them unless seriously bored, something I seem to never get around to.  The Progressive Railroads article includes a map which has some rather strange alignment alternatives, one of which is crooked as a stomped snake.

FRA link:  https://www.fra.dot.gov/Page/P0451

« Last Edit: Nov 1st, 2016, 11:04pm by George_Harris » Logged
ClydeDET
Historian
View Profile  

Re: Atlanta - Chattanooga HSR???

« Reply #1 on: Nov 13th, 2016, 6:46pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

"Crooked as a stomped snake" - now that is a simile I haven't heard in a long time. Somehow I think an alignment in that configuration would be utterly inimical to high speed operation.

As to Dallas to Houston - money and land-owner opposition.

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »