Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Oct 24th, 2017, 12:16am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

NYC Hudson Steam Cardboard cutouts
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Special Interests
   New York Central Marine
(Moderator: waterlevel)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: NYC Hudson Steam Cardboard cutouts  (Read 101 times)
Felix_The_Cat
TRAINing
View Profile  

« on: Jan 24th, 2013, 8:37am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Hi all.  I'm a new member and in need of help.  I have a cardboard cutout of a NYC RR Hudson Steam locomotive  & Coal Tender made by "CONCORA" (CCA \ Container Corporation of America) in the 40's.  I'm looking for any history behind it or a direction to follow.  Thanks.

TAB
Historian
Re: NYC Hudson Steam Cardboard cutouts

« Reply #1 on: Jan 25th, 2013, 12:34pm »

.....if you haven't already done this, starting at the source may be helpful. The Container Corporation of America headquarters are located at 8182 Maryland Ave., St. Louis, Missouri 63105. It also may be a good idea to send along a photo of the item when making an inquiry. Please keep us advised of your progress....Tom

Moderator...Scratchbuilding and Kitbashing
Felix_The_Cat
TRAINing
View Profile  

Re: NYC Hudson Steam Cardboard cutouts

« Reply #2 on: Jan 28th, 2013, 6:32pm »

Thanks for the suggestion.  I think that Company is now involved with actual shipping containers.  From the searches I've done so far  Container Corporation of America "CONCORA" was purchased by Montgomery Ward in 1976, then sold.  Through a series if mergers & buyouts, It was purchased by "Smurfit-Jefferson in the late 90's which then became "Smurfit Stone Container in early 2000's.  It went bankrupt in 2009.  Its assets were purchased by Rock-Tenn.  I have reached out to them and am awaiting a reply.  I've also been in contact with "New York Central System Historical Society", "Trains Magazine", "Toy Train Collectors of America" and The "New York Central Railroad Museum" in Elkhart, IN. just to name the big ones.  I think I'm developing Typers Cramp".  Thanks again.  If I can figure out how to do it, I will up load scans of the item.

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »