Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Dec 18th, 2017, 4:27am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Centerville & Southwestern RR equipment (2017)
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   Live Steam and Ride on Scales
(Moderators: moose_the_caboose, Brian Tusin)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Centerville & Southwestern RR equipment (2017)  (Read 96 times)
E8M 86 A-B
Former Member

« on: Jun 6th, 2017, 10:27pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Gentlemen:

I grew up riding the old C&S back in the 60's, and still happily recall many happy memories, both riding the trains or simply watching them in action.

Seems that I really get nothing all that "concrete" about what survives today (motive power and rolling stock) and what doesn't.

I clearly recall the handsome 4-8-4, a sharp-looking double-ended diesel, and a diminutive switcher.

Awhile ago, I had heard someone say that the double-ended diesel survives, but has been rebuilt, changing its original design.

I do appreciate any and all help on this, via those who are much more knowledgeable than I am on the subject......my thanks in advance........

"Erie K-5 #2929"

« Last Edit: Jun 26th, 2017, 1:36am by Arnine » Logged
LVRR2095
Railfan
View Profile  

Re: Centerville & Southwestern RR equipment (2017)

« Reply #1 on: Jun 7th, 2017, 8:20am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

The 4-8-4 was donated to the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan. That museum later sold the locomotive to a private collector. The balance of the Centerville and Southwestern now operates in a park in Phillipsburg, New Jersey.  

Keith

E8M 86 A-B
Former Member
Re: Centerville & Southwestern RR equipment (2017)

« Reply #2 on: Jun 7th, 2017, 10:23am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

on Jun 7th, 2017, 8:20am, LVRR2095 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
The 4-8-4 was donated to the Henry Ford Museum in Michigan. That museum later sold the locomotive to a private collector. The balance of the Centerville and Southwestern now operates in a park in Phillipsburg, New Jersey.  

Keith

Keith:

Appreciate this input..........thanks!

Hard to believe that I last rode this great little railroad over 45 years ago; it sure was a hoot while it lasted.

I sure hope that 4-8-4 is well revered (and deservedly so) by her current owner.......sure hope she at least runs on occasion!

"E8M"

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »