Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jul 24th, 2017, 8:49pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

New Member Introductions - Meet & Greet here!
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   Live Steam and Ride on Scales
(Moderators: moose_the_caboose, Brian Tusin)
   New Member Introductions - Meet & Greet here!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: New Member Introductions - Meet & Greet here!  (Read 1836 times)
moose_the_caboose
Historian
Re: New Member Introductions - Meet & Greet here!

« Reply #60 on: Aug 5th, 2014, 3:11pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

on Jul 10th, 2014, 3:26pm, kapullen wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Thanks Tom,

Moose, I have read pages, and pages of your crummy thread (Caboose that is).
It's nice to see something instead of locomotives for a while. I can tell you put a lot  
of care and pride in your work.

Kap

kap:  thank you for your kind words, it's appreciated.  while it may seem that i've slowed down a little...well, maybe a tad, i'm still passionate about cabooses in general and building them specifically.  in the last year and a half, i've put a lot more effort into building recipes for our (the wife and I) brown sodas than into my workshop.  my wife got interested in brewing competitions, so that's where my efforts got focused.  in the last month, one of our entries scored a silver medal...so now that that is over, i can relax a little and get back to the shop activities.  we are all brewed up until this fall, when it starts again.  maybe now i can finally finish the central of georgia interior in the time remaining!

J_Greg_M
TRAINing

« Reply #61 on: Jan 12th, 2015, 1:16am »

Hello all. I recently met some of The Steam Team building the Allen 10 wheelers, and it has re-awakened a long time dream.  Glad to have joined and hope to become an active participant of live steam.

moose_the_caboose
Historian

« Reply #62 on: Jan 28th, 2015, 5:15pm »

on Jan 12th, 2015, 1:16am, J_Greg_M wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Hello all. I recently met some of The Steam Team building the Allen 10 wheelers, and it has re-awakened a long time dream.  Glad to have joined and hope to become an active participant of live steam.

J_Greg_M:  glad to have you here!  lotsa stuff to see even in the older and oldest threads.  welcome aboard!

moose

YorkshiremanLim
TRAINing
View Profile  

EDHT_2015_020.jpg - 162188 Bytes
« Reply #63 on: Oct 3rd, 2015, 12:23pm »

Hallo from Johannes in Limburg/Netherlands. Limburg is the tiny appendix in the very south of NL, where the invisible borders to Germany or Belgium are only a few KM away. I used to live in Leeds/Yorkshire/UK. Hence, in many forums I am know as the Yorkshireman. To be up to date, I chose the name YorkshiremanLIM.
I am a retired Engineer, in my late sixties ...
I build and run Live Steam Locos for 5" rails, as it is common in this part of the world.

Johannes

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (162188 bytes, 1024x768 pixels)

Click Here to View Image EDHT_2015_020.jpg - 162188 Bytes

Henry
Historian

« Reply #64 on: Oct 3rd, 2015, 1:30pm »

Welcome to our Live Steam board Johannes!

Henry

moose_the_caboose
Historian

« Reply #65 on: Dec 26th, 2015, 9:26pm »

on Oct 3rd, 2015, 12:23pm, YorkshiremanLim wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Hallo from Johannes in Limburg/Netherlands. Limburg is the tiny appendix in the very south of NL, where the invisible borders to Germany or Belgium are only a few KM away. I used to live in Leeds/Yorkshire/UK. Hence, in many forums I am know as the Yorkshireman. To be up to date, I chose the name YorkshiremanLIM.
I am a retired Engineer, in my late sixties ...
I build and run Live Steam Locos for 5" rails, as it is common in this part of the world.

Johannes

Johannes, let me also welcome you (albeit belated) to the live steam board! The competitive nature of my other hobby (beer-making) has kept me away for far too long!  We are happy to have you here!

Moose

« Last Edit: Dec 26th, 2015, 9:31pm by moose_the_caboose » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »