Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Sep 26th, 2017, 10:37am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

BOILER BUILDING + Other Projects by STEAMHEATON
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   Live Steam and Ride on Scales
(Moderators: moose_the_caboose, Brian Tusin)
   BOILER BUILDING + Other Projects by STEAMHEATON
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: BOILER BUILDING + Other Projects by STEAMHEATON  (Read 31806 times)
SteamHeaton
Historian
Re: BOILER BUILDING + Other Projects by STEAMHEATON

« Reply #980 on: Sep 26th, 2011, 10:05pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Thank you Greg,  I had to think for a second , when  you said eraser. Never  heard it called that, but I like it.  
   Scott, I don't think you will get to see the patent pending tendgola behind the A. At the rate Duncan is going , I think you will see the whole enchilada, running at un-meet 2013. Ray III

SteamHeaton
Historian

« Reply #981 on: Oct 2nd, 2011, 10:06pm »

Hello, everybody.  I have been busy in the shop when the CN leaves me alone. I have gotten alot done since the last pics.  The tender is 90 % done. The entire body is welded together and all of the  lids [2 water legs and the back area] are on . The coal bunker is welded in. I still need to finish drilling and tappping the  holes for the lids, but they are fitted and sitting in place.  The plate that angles up from the coal bunker is in place, but needs to be attached.  I hope to make the grab irons and get them on before It goes to the paint shop.  The stainless water tank should be done in a few days . When I get the tank , I will cut the hole in the lid and attach the hatch.  Then plumb the  few water lines and head for eagle point. It sounds like alot left to do , but it really is'nt.  I have a bunch of pics to post , but the @%$#&%#@  CN just called and will post them when I get home.   Ray III    

« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2011, 10:21pm by SteamHeaton » Logged
ErieAtlantic7597
Historian

« Reply #982 on: Oct 3rd, 2011, 8:58pm »

Holy mackeral Ray, you did a lot of stuff after our conversation. You should be in pretty good shape for this next outing. Man, I better get moveing on my little projects before this meet at Eagle Point.

SteamHeaton
Historian
  IMG_5741_854x569.jpg - 85085 Bytes
« Reply #983 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 2:56am »

Well the tender was suppose to go to the paint shop today.   I had to delay that by 1 day , just had too much left to do.  The stainless steel water tank will be finished tomorrow. They let me bring it home tonight as it was all tacked together, and I used it to locate the hole for the water hatch. It will go back to them in the morning so they can finsh welding it. They did a great job on it.   The tender is ready for  paint , and will be painted and back in the shop by monday or tuesday.   I will then have to run my plumbing before leaving on thursday morning.   I have alot of fab pics , but just do not have the time to load them right now.  I usually like to show the work as it was done then the final product, but  not this time .  Here is a pic as it looks tonight.  The only things that are not done at this point are the steps, the grab irons, and  4 little L shape brackets that go at the rear of the tank and tie into the rear sill.  All of this will be made and added after  I go to the meet .    Ray III

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/IMG_5741_854x569.jpg
Click Image to Resize

SteamHeaton
Historian
  IMG_5760_854x569.jpg - 69842 Bytes
« Reply #984 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 2:58am »

close up of last pic. Ray III

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/IMG_5760_854x569.jpg
Click Image to Resize

SteamHeaton
Historian
  IMG_5720_854x569.jpg - 65981 Bytes
« Reply #985 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 2:59am »

front view . Ray III

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/IMG_5720_854x569.jpg
Click Image to Resize

SteamHeaton
Historian
  IMG_5717_854x569.jpg - 85319 Bytes
« Reply #986 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 3:00am »

another front view. Ray III

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/IMG_5717_854x569.jpg
Click Image to Resize

SteamHeaton
Historian
  IMG_5750_854x569.jpg - 62171 Bytes
« Reply #987 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 3:04am »

pic of the stainless tank test fit. Ray III

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/IMG_5750_854x569.jpg
Click Image to Resize

SteamHeaton
Historian
  IMG_5757_854x569.jpg - 60878 Bytes
« Reply #988 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 3:05am »

last pic for tonight,  lid open on hatch and looking down into the stainless tank. Ray III

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/IMG_5757_854x569.jpg
Click Image to Resize

ErieAtlantic7597
Historian

« Reply #989 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 6:10am »

Very, very nice Ray. That tender is really looking GOOD !!

tomc
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #990 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 8:13am »

WOW RAY!  you are making great progress and looks really sharp.  Post more when u have time.

Tom C.

Later;

tom_srclry_com
Lost somewhere in Michigan!
pockets
Historian

« Reply #991 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 8:17am »

How sweet it is.....

Greg B.

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
charleytt
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #992 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 2:54pm »

nice keep it up ray can't wait to see it at the unmeet

BobbyT
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #993 on: Oct 6th, 2011, 9:55pm »

very nice work Ray! don't forget to add "make a tushy cushy" to your to do list.  

SteamHeaton
Historian

« Reply #994 on: Oct 8th, 2011, 8:05am »

Thanks guys,  I hope to have the tender back by monday, the stainless tank is already here.   I am going to buy all of the  plumbing supplies today.   After all of this time I can't believe I almost have a tender.    Tom I will post the rest of the fab pics when I get home from the meet next weekend.   Bobby A new seat is on the list LOL.    Greg UN-MEET 2012.  Ray III

moose_the_caboose
Historian

« Reply #995 on: Oct 8th, 2011, 10:40am »

on Oct 8th, 2011, 8:05am, SteamHeaton wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Thanks guys,  I hope to have the tender back by monday, the stainless tank is already here.   I am going to buy all of the  plumbing supplies today.   After all of this time I can't believe I almost have a tender.    Tom I will post the rest of the fab pics when I get home from the meet next weekend.   Bobby A new seat is on the list LOL.    Greg UN-MEET 2012.  Ray III

ray:  daumn that tender looks good next to that caboose!!!   can't wait to cook with you again at the 2012 unmeet!  

moose

bteerlin
Railfan

« Reply #996 on: Oct 8th, 2011, 6:59pm »

Ray -- Don't know if I'll recognize your engine with that really nice first class tender behind it.  Hope the tengola doesn't get jealous.  You might get altitude sickness sitting that high might want to take some oxygen with.  
Bruce the Larger

SteamHeaton
Historian

« Reply #997 on: Oct 9th, 2011, 10:05pm »

George,   yes it does, can't wait to see a string of brown offset hoppers with the mainline of mid america on their side.  We will have a brand new kitchen this year. Gonna need it for all of those pies, plus 4 more for Scott and Clayton LOL.    Bruce thanks,  I was thinking about what you said. This will be a new exp for me .  The tendgola is about the same height as the raritans tender.  So after 30 years of running at that level I will need oxygen and a step ladder. The raritan is 33 this year.   I talked to the painter tonight . He said I will have the tender back at my shop tuesday afternoon.   So I will load all my cars tomorrow , and leave tuesday open for  plumbing.    Ray III

ErieAtlantic7597
Historian

« Reply #998 on: Oct 9th, 2011, 10:24pm »

Ray,

I know this is a little off topic, but I wanted to thank you for the push to get ole 7597 ready for this trip. I got so much crap done, that I  actually spent this evening sittin back a bit.

Thanks again Ray.

SteamHeaton
Historian

« Reply #999 on: Oct 10th, 2011, 8:50am »

Bruce, glad I was able to motivate you.  You are really going to appreciate it, in about 4 days.   I am really looking forward to next weekend, the mike has not ran since the last un-meet.    Ray III

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »