Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. May 26th, 2017, 8:32pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

The Buckingham Central Railroad
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   Live Steam and Ride on Scales
(Moderators: moose_the_caboose, Brian Tusin)
   The Buckingham Central Railroad
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ...  29 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: The Buckingham Central Railroad  (Read 36609 times)
moose_the_caboose
Historian
Re: The Buckingham Central Railroad

« Reply #260 on: Jan 29th, 2009, 7:42pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

hi all,

congratulations and welcome to the world to the 'newby'!  this little guy is gonna have lots of 'aunts' & 'uncles' looking out for him!  it's humbling to note that in pete's arms, a miracle exists...one of the sweet mysteries of life.  the look in pete's face is priceless..'yes, i'm going to spoil you rotten!'  

all the best to mom, pop, grandpa & the love of their lives.  pete, the blue 'welder' will be available to you anytime you need it!  the buckinghams will be recipient of one who loves through innocence while learning and living in a caring extended family.

additions to the human family still melt my heart...

moose

« Last Edit: Jan 29th, 2009, 7:45pm by moose_the_caboose » Logged

BobbyT
Former Member

« Reply #261 on: Jan 29th, 2009, 8:03pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Moose... you ol softy.  

ConrailRed9504
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #262 on: Feb 2nd, 2009, 1:02pm »

Hey,  
   Congrats. to Pete on becoming a grandfather once more. Sorry I missed you all last week, I had to work and I will be out of town this next weekend. Someone might want to pick up where I left off painting and I'll finish when I get back . Can't wait to see the new bambino. Take care all.

Russell

BobbyT
Former Member

« Reply #263 on: Feb 2nd, 2009, 2:31pm »

I'm sorry, do we know you?  

actually Russell, Pete took over the painting chore, but don't let that bother you, we have more projects available  

BobbyT
Former Member

« Reply #264 on: Feb 9th, 2009, 7:46am »

Bruce, you are just "itching" to post those "special project" photo's aren't you?

Dave_J
Enthusiast

« Reply #265 on: Feb 15th, 2009, 10:30am »

Bruce,

Looks like you guys are ready for this years Un-Meet.  Wish I could be there.  Maybe next year.

Dave J.

pockets
Historian

« Reply #266 on: Feb 15th, 2009, 12:29pm »

That hammock is MINE, next year. IIRC, every time I closed my eyes, someone stuck me on a steam locomotive!    

Greg B.

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
BobbyT
Former Member

« Reply #267 on: Feb 15th, 2009, 6:56pm »

Dave J., You and Bruce S will be missed this year. You guys know you are always welcome.

Greg, The hammock is reserved for you buddy.

Dave_J
Enthusiast

« Reply #268 on: Mar 15th, 2009, 11:17am »

It's great to see the young folks at the throttle!  

DJ

« Last Edit: Mar 16th, 2009, 6:42pm by Dave_J » Logged
moose_the_caboose
Historian

« Reply #269 on: Jul 4th, 2009, 10:28pm »

hi all,

bruce:  great to see all the doin's around the bcrr again!  very nice to see the older equipment come out and stretch a leg.  it shows that equipment built well lasts...sometimes outlasts the builder.  the blue english welder is alive and on the build table for some cosmetic work.  hoping to come down for a weekend in august.   gonna see how well it does in work-train service.

to all:  once again, the bcrr has shown that the 4th of july is special.  a time for family, friends, and remembering those that gave so much for their country.  the gift of freedom to do what we want to do came with the cost of lives and futures.   with freedom came responsibility to maintain and keep it dear to our hearts...happy 4th of july everybody!

moose

dgmarklin
Historian
  1.jpg - 35909 Bytes
« Reply #270 on: Jul 5th, 2009, 4:35pm »

I have to plug and chug my few photos into the line up from this past weekend (July 3rd, 2009) that I took.  I took mainly video footage and I am in the process of editing it together and will post it hopefully by the end of the week!  

I can't thank the un-members of the BCRR enough for inviting me out on the 3rd for such a special occasion and fire-up.  I surely had a BLAST (of steam and fun... Peter opened the blowdown while I was standing there, oops, ..hahaha)!  I really enjoy the honor of my finger on that throttle and such fine equipment of consists.  So, once again, thankyou.

I also would love to say God Bless to all and hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July.  Thankyou to all the troops that keep us free and safe in our wonderful country.  We honor and praise those across our seas and hope for their safe return.

To start my filmstrip of picture, I'll show the steaming bay at the BCRR...

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/1.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2009, 5:07pm by dgmarklin » Logged

Dean
dgmarklin
Historian
  2-2.jpg - 33793 Bytes
« Reply #271 on: Jul 5th, 2009, 4:43pm »

This is probably one of my favorite pictures from Friday for two reasons...

1)Peter is enjoying checking his engine out and making sure she is running like clockwork.  I think it's just great to see that smile on his face....

2)This is the engine Peter literally told me to take off with.  Bruce ran her around the loop and came back in to check the valve, fixed it, and then Peter told me to climb on.  I questioned where the throttle is and should I worry about the water for the trip around and he said "here and no it'll be fine"...  So I took off with her.  Coming back through Pivo Patio there I made a stop and questioned where the injector valves were.  He explained them to me and adjusted them a bit and told me to keep running.  

I really enjoyed running that engine, Erie tender and all.  She ran with out trouble and I made several miles around the loop with her under pressure.  

I have to say, these two fine Bialecki "steamies" are beautiful sleeping or not.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/2-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Dean
dgmarklin
Historian
  3-2.jpg - 36326 Bytes
« Reply #272 on: Jul 5th, 2009, 4:47pm »

This next photo an image seen through-out the later part of the day.  Russell Dostal (ConrailRed9504) snoozing as Ron Abt glided the NW-2 around the railroad.  

I may have even dose off in the gondola a few times on the ground loop...it's quiet comfortable really...  

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/3-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Dean
dgmarklin
Historian
  4-2.jpg - 37815 Bytes
« Reply #273 on: Jul 5th, 2009, 4:51pm »

With credit to Ron Abt for this shot, and I actually think the one above it, Peter holds onto BCRR at-the-ready-bloodhound Max for a trip around the railroad.  I think, correct me if I'm wrong guys, this is one of his first trips aboard the loop.  

Max quickly jumped out when he saw the switch lined for the trussell.  Maybe he is scared of heights?  

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/4-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Dean
dgmarklin
Historian
  5-2.jpg - 34715 Bytes
« Reply #274 on: Jul 5th, 2009, 4:53pm »

They're off!  A engine that hasn't seen the rails in over a year drifts next to the under construction NW-2.  On top of that, it's hard to catch Bruce in a photo since more than half the time he is taking them!

Who won the race?  The critter of course!

Picture Credited: Ron Abt

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/5-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Dean
dgmarklin
Historian
  6-2.jpg - 30061 Bytes
« Reply #275 on: Jul 5th, 2009, 5:00pm »

I think it is known that the BCRR has no members, no meets, and no daily scheduled rail service...

BUT

we also know the BCRR houses a few families, one being this fine group.  At the head we have the hogger daughter, fireman son, and conductor Ron.  She did a great job at running that engine and kept that train stretched the entire time.  I'm sure she'll have a great time when that NW-2 gets a nice sound system or horn on her!  

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/6-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Dean
dgmarklin
Historian
  7-2.jpg - 45919 Bytes
« Reply #276 on: Jul 5th, 2009, 5:03pm »

While amongst the route, you'll find many locals.  One crazy team being this group lazying around the Pivo Patio in the cool/hot shade.

With that, this finished my pictures of July 3rd, 2009 of the BCRR.  I had a great time and I am sure everyone else did also.  Thanks to the whole gang who puts on such a great show and place to be.  

God Bless and hope you have a happy 3,4,5th of July!

Dean G.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/7-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2009, 5:05pm by dgmarklin » Logged

Dean
pockets
Historian

« Reply #277 on: Jul 5th, 2009, 8:31pm »

Looks like a great time was had by all. My thoughts are frequently with that rockin' group, The Buckinghams. This weekend was no exception.

Dean, try napping on the station bench. Every time I dozed off, someone woke me up and stuck me on a steam engine!

Greg B.

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
BobbyT
Former Member
  100_0498.jpg - 65086 Bytes
« Reply #278 on: Jul 11th, 2009, 7:26pm »

Since I was unable to attend this impromptu gathering, I planned on running my engine today. But to my surprise, I wasn't the only one. Cam arrived with his Mogul. It was a great day for running steamers.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/100_0498.jpg
Click Image to Resize

BobbyT
Former Member
  100_0503.jpg - 107072 Bytes
« Reply #279 on: Jul 11th, 2009, 7:27pm »

If there is a steamer fired up then it is a safe bet Bruce isn't far away.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/100_0503.jpg
Click Image to Resize

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21  ...  29 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »