Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 23rd, 2017, 5:56am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

The Buckingham Central Railroad
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   Live Steam and Ride on Scales
(Moderators: moose_the_caboose, Brian Tusin)
   The Buckingham Central Railroad
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...  29 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: The Buckingham Central Railroad  (Read 36882 times)
B+MNW21201
Former Member
Re: The Buckingham Central Railroad

« Reply #220 on: May 16th, 2008, 6:12pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Moose, by all means finish that sound. The track gang can sing it while using the track bars to move the new alignment into position.  

pockets
Historian

« Reply #221 on: Jun 14th, 2008, 8:55pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Not a bad looking (iron) horse barn. Not bad at all..... Thanks for the memories, Bruce.

Greg B.

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
Anthony_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #222 on: Jun 14th, 2008, 10:13pm »

Great photos Bruce! I really like them, dirty steamers after a hard days work. Just Classic. Thanks for posting them

Anthony

B+MNW21201
Former Member
  LiveSteam/Trackplan070308.jpg (Note: Can't Find Attachment!)
« Reply #223 on: Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:42pm »

Here is the much talked about and highly anticipated track plan that we are working on for the BCRR. I color coded each section to clarify it as best as I can. The trackage appears to be double tracked in sections but it is actually a single track main that folds over itself.

« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:49pm by BMNW21201 » Logged
B+MNW21201
Former Member
  Trackplan032807.jpg - 48900 Bytes
« Reply #224 on: Jul 3rd, 2008, 11:45pm »

Compare that with the original track plan. *note in this plan the trestle wasn't finished yet. It has since been tied into the main.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/Trackplan032807.jpg
Click Image to Resize

ConrailRed9504
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #225 on: Jul 4th, 2008, 10:52pm »

AH SO! Now I see how it works. Dah

pockets
Historian

« Reply #226 on: Aug 12th, 2008, 1:22pm »

Way to go, Gang! What a clever idea. At least you had the good sense to modify a Chebbie. That way, if it doesn't work out, you're not out much!

Who spilled paint on my napping bench?!

Greg B.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #227 on: Aug 12th, 2008, 4:57pm »

Hmmm, I will have to consult my wizards handbook for this one Bruce.

Greg I don't think that is paint..........think........aviary by product

Henry
Historian

« Reply #228 on: Aug 19th, 2008, 4:55pm »

Bruce,

Thanks for the update! I was wondering how yawl were doing!

Henry

pockets
Historian

« Reply #229 on: Aug 19th, 2008, 5:39pm »

Yes, Bruce, thanks. My thoughts have been with you and the gang, the last couple of days.

Greg B.

B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #230 on: Aug 19th, 2008, 7:34pm »

I'm OK, nothing to report from my area except lots of puddles. I even went to work this morning during the height of it. We were fortunate it didn't strengthen like they thought it would. I am curious about how well the track fared. I seem to remember a tropical storm named Ernesto that put everything under water.
Bobby

ConrailRed9504
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #231 on: Aug 20th, 2008, 3:01pm »

Hello everyone,
  I spoke with Bobby last night and just wanted to let you all know I'm fine, a little wet and dishufled but otherwise fine. I managed to come out of this storm unscathed. How'z Pete's place? I am expecting that the tree tops were cleaned out. See you all Sat.

Russell

Bruce_T
TRAINing

« Reply #232 on: Aug 27th, 2008, 7:43am »

Hi Bruce, Bruce T here. Have been watching things from up here in New England. Talked to Pete after the rain storm, lot's of water there. Hopefully not to much damage. keep up the good work.

Dan Watson
Historian

« Reply #233 on: Sep 2nd, 2008, 12:18am »

Bruce,
My footwear was well suited to the conditions (no wet socks!) except for the occasional floating fire ant  

Dan Watson
Historian

« Reply #234 on: Sep 11th, 2008, 11:10pm »

Bruce,

In case you guys need some inspiration on the wooden tunnel project, have a look at this site:

http://www.sn3.org/eprr/

This is the Eagle Point Railroad near Chattanooga.  It's the track we were discussing when I was down there in August.  Here's what their tunnel looks like on the inside:

http://www.sn3.org/eprr/facilities/eprr-tunnel-interior.jpg

Good luck with the project!

Dan

Bruce_T
TRAINing

« Reply #235 on: Sep 12th, 2008, 8:27am »

Bruce
Hope that the BCR is finally drying out. Maybe normal operations will resume. I checked out the web site that Dan posted, for the tunnel pics. A friend of mine here in New England has built one made of the same construction materials. 75' in length, and curved like largo. Has the safety lights and walkway inside. Also did the large berm over it with the plantings. That is his train storage for the winter months. Will be back to Fl. in Oct. Will try to get down to see yall.
Bruce T

Pennsy4483
Railfan

« Reply #236 on: Oct 19th, 2008, 10:23pm »

Friends,

Well I made the journey to the Buckingham Central in conjunction with a business trip and I would like to express my greatest appreciation and thanks to both Pete and Bruce.  I was given the red-carpet tour of the railroad and even became accepted by Diamond, as she decided to go for a ride with me.

What a wonderful place and the beauty of the locomotives and the workmanship.  I saw the newly finished boiler sitting on Bruce's Atlantic ( I could almost hear the loco begging to hit the rails again).

I am looking forward to my next visit and am very glad that I made the trip earlier today.  Both Pete and Bruce were great hosts.  To all those associated with the Buckingham Central, great job you guys!!!!

Don

pockets
Historian

« Reply #237 on: Nov 1st, 2008, 9:53pm »

Naw, naw, naw, Bruce..... The word frugal was not part of it...... The statement was, "The Buckinghams are so tight they squeak when they walk!!!"  

Greg B.

B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #238 on: Nov 3rd, 2008, 7:34am »

Bruce, when the track crew starts acting this way towards each other, then it's time to find a new track! lol  

pockets
Historian

« Reply #239 on: Nov 3rd, 2008, 8:08pm »

The thoughts that must go through Pete's mind, on that rare, quiet, evening, when he joins Diamond & Co. for a walk around the property. The steaming bays, the roundhouse and turntable, the coal and water towers, three bridges and a thousand foot trestle.......Not to mention Pevo Patio and the started tunnel..... Being the gentleman that he is, I'm sure it is not lost on him, what a great bunch of friends he has.

Friendship and respect don't come freely. They must be earned and nurtured. It's a simple equation that so many fail to grasp. That gang, that I refer to collectively as the Buckinghams, has a solid lock on it.

Greg B.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  ...  29 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »