Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 23rd, 2017, 5:53am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

The Buckingham Central Railroad
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   Live Steam and Ride on Scales
(Moderators: moose_the_caboose, Brian Tusin)
   The Buckingham Central Railroad
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...  29 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: The Buckingham Central Railroad  (Read 36880 times)
B+MNW21201
Former Member
Re: The Buckingham Central Railroad

« Reply #200 on: Dec 14th, 2007, 10:49pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Sorry Greg, but there hasn't been any workdone on the roundhouse last week or this week. I am performing in my churches Christmas Pageant. We had 5 shows last week end and another 5 this week end. That and the mid week rehearsals have not left me any time toget to the track. But fear not, I'll be back up there next weekend!

« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2007, 10:50pm by BMNW21201 » Logged
pockets
Historian

« Reply #201 on: Dec 15th, 2007, 7:01pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Boy, a Live Steamer in a church Christmas pageant! I'd of bought a ticket for THAT show! Good on ya. At least your slackin' off was for a good cause.

Greg B.

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #202 on: Dec 22nd, 2007, 11:00pm »

Nice photo Bruce, too bad it doesn't show the Pacific that Bob Dean had under pressure for the first time. Not too bad for a "play-day".

B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #203 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 7:04am »

Oh what a great problem I have..........

I just found out that more stone and pavers are to be delivered and I am running out of project idea's! At this rate the entire 5 acres is going to be a giant mosaic of paver stones. LOL

Tip for all clubs and larger private tracks with space to store rock, contact your local commercial roofer and offer to take such materials. You will be surprised at how easy it is to get free stone. Sometimes it is too large for ballast but is great for fill or landscaping. Other times they may have roof pavers that can be used for retaining walls or patios / walkways.  
Most commercial roofers must pay for landfills to dump the used stone so they are usually willing to give it away.

Tip #2 Engineering firms that test concrete strength will always have a stockpile of 6" x 12" concrete cylinders that were "reserves" from test batches. Aftre the test period these cylinders are usually taken to the landfill. Again, many of these companies are willing t give them away for free if you haul them. These are great for edging along the right-of-way if laid end to end. The keep the ballast from spreading into the lawn and make it easy to use the edger without hitting the rocks.

Part of the secret to why we have been able to do so much so quickly is from the ability to recycle materials when ever possible.  

Bobby

B+MNW21201
Former Member
  Linda_on_the_NW2a.jpg - 178107 Bytes
« Reply #204 on: Mar 2nd, 2008, 4:38pm »

This is one of those classic Good news/ Bad news things;

Good News, the wife has taken an interest in the live steam hobby.........
Bad news, she has also taken ownership of my engine............... C'mon dear, its my turn to run the engine............

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/Linda_on_the_NW2a.jpg
Click Image to Resize

pockets
Historian

« Reply #205 on: Mar 2nd, 2008, 6:07pm »

Oooooooh, stick a fork in him. He's done!! ROFLMAO Way to go, Mrs. T!!

Greg B.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
Railfan Entertainments
Historian

« Reply #206 on: Mar 14th, 2008, 3:49pm »

Thanks, Bruce. I've been wondering about the roundhouse. Can't wait for the pictures.

www.youtube.com/user/railfanentertainment
B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #207 on: Mar 29th, 2008, 12:07am »

I have it on good authority that a certain "naked" NW2 will be feeling its way around in the dark as well.

pockets
Historian

« Reply #208 on: Mar 29th, 2008, 7:27am »

Oh, Bobby, do you have the loan of Mrs. T's engine, or is she going to be runing?

Greg B.

moose_the_caboose
Historian

« Reply #209 on: Mar 29th, 2008, 9:46am »

hi all,

a night run!  sorry that i can't be there to see the parade, but i'll certainly be thinking about you guys.

bobby t:  knowing the sensibilities of mrs. t and ladies like her, how long is she going to put up with her engine running 'neked'?!

enjoy the running, and give our best to those who must return to the northland!

moose the caboose

on Mar 29th, 2008, 12:07am, B+MNW21201 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I have it on good authority that a certain "naked" NW2 will be feeling its way around in the dark as well.

B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #210 on: Mar 30th, 2008, 5:18pm »

I am happy to report that everyone survived the night run, what a hoot. You couldn't see 2 feet in front of you. I got to run Petes Mohawk, but gave it up after one short lap. I couldn't see the water gauge or the injector. I am nervous enough running that beauty in the bright sunlite, it was pure white knuckles cruising around with out being able to see switch points and sometimes each other. The scariest moment for me was when I had timed my travel along the back section track to go under the trestle at the same time as Bruce and his Atlantic were crossing overhead. It was a cool sight seeing his headlight and cab light and that firebox and ash pan all a glow...........FIREBOX!!! It was at the moment I was going under that firbox that visions of raining fire went through my head. Forunately Bruces ash pan does a very good job and I remained unscarred. All in all a fun time was had by all.

« Last Edit: Apr 1st, 2008, 7:16am by BMNW21201 » Logged
tomc
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #211 on: Apr 1st, 2008, 1:05pm »

OK, where is their Railroad lanterns?  No one Should be out and about with out one.

You could even get some with the Railroads initials on it and be Official.  Maybe even sell some.  A club fund raiser item.

Tom C.

Later;

tom_srclry_com
Lost somewhere in Michigan!
pockets
Historian

« Reply #212 on: Apr 1st, 2008, 9:10pm »

OMG, Tom....You don't really want to go there.... You don't want to open that whole "hand signals" can of worms in this crowd. Suffice it to say that there are those of us who could and would, those of us who can't or won't and some who wouldn't if they could. This is why clubs mandate walkie talkies. Half the people in the hobby can't read a switch (with or without a target). How can we expect them to memorize 8 - 10 hand signals.

This rant is NOT directed at the BC Crew. Individually, and as a group, the are made of better stuff.

Sorry for the short circuit, Bruce, but you and I have talked about this at length, back at Largo.

Greg B.

tomc
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #213 on: Apr 1st, 2008, 9:20pm »

Greg,

No mention of hand signals.  Just thought it would help read the water glass and look down the track.  Since the battery died on #7 I have to use one to see when it gets dark.  May have to break down and buy another battery.  Lucky summer and longer days is a commin.

Tom C.

Later;

tom_srclry_com
B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #214 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 7:58am »

Actually my dear friends, both the Mohawk and Atlantic had official CSX style railroad lanterns on board and the "neked" NW2 had an old school style lantern on board. All lanterns were in working order and I can say that some lantern signals were used.

pockets
Historian

« Reply #215 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 9:12am »

OMG. I'm so sorry to hear that. You told me that he was hurt, but I had no idea to what degree. Please, extend the strongest get well soon wishes, from the Boden family, to him. Pete is a dynam, and for him to be down has got to be torture. Be assured that your request is being honored.

Greg B.

tomc
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #216 on: Apr 15th, 2008, 1:25pm »

My sympathy goes out to Pete also.  A bad back is no fun.  Heal fast!!!

Tom C.

Later;

tom_srclry_com
Bear_Creek

View Profile  

« Reply #217 on: May 3rd, 2008, 8:07pm »

Bruce, Glad to hear that Pete is doing as well, as to be expected at this time. I know that with you all there in Fort Myers, and at the BCRR will help him even more.

All the best during these times.

Your Northern Fan, and Friend

Adam V.

Dan Watson
Historian

« Reply #218 on: May 4th, 2008, 8:39am »

Also great news to my ears!  Remind Pete when he gets back that he has a lot of friends pulling for him through this difficult period.
Dan

moose_the_caboose
Historian

« Reply #219 on: May 16th, 2008, 5:50pm »

hi all,

bobby:  if you guys continue to get the ladies out on the railroad, i'm a gonna have to finish the tune i've been workin' on...."steel rails and a dozen roses"!  with the recent events, it's a pleasure to see them breath life back into some saddened hearts.  tip'o'the hat to them.

moose

on Mar 2nd, 2008, 4:38pm, B+MNW21201 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
This is one of those classic Good news/ Bad news things;

Good News, the wife has taken an interest in the live steam hobby.........
Bad news, she has also taken ownership of my engine............... C'mon dear, its my turn to run the engine............

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18  ...  29 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »