Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jul 24th, 2017, 8:50pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

The Buckingham Central Railroad
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   Live Steam and Ride on Scales
(Moderators: moose_the_caboose, Brian Tusin)
   The Buckingham Central Railroad
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...  29 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: The Buckingham Central Railroad  (Read 36693 times)
B+MNW21201
Former Member
Re: The Buckingham Central Railroad
  100_0083.jpg - 109517 Bytes
« Reply #140 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 3:18pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Hey Guys I just have to post a couple more UN-Meet photo's. The first one is for our friend Pockets:

Here he is running Duncan's Pacific..... yes I said running and what you can't see is that under that bushy mustache is one very large grin!

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/100_0083.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2007, 3:20pm by BMNW21201 » Logged
B+MNW21201
Former Member
  100_0078.jpg - 76679 Bytes
« Reply #141 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 3:22pm »

Bruce Saylors beautiful 2-8-2 Mikado, and she runs even better than she looks!

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/100_0078.jpg
Click Image to Resize

B+MNW21201
Former Member
  100_0076.jpg - 128138 Bytes
« Reply #142 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 3:24pm »

Of course where there is a Bruce S. there is usually a Dave Johnson. Here he is with his equally beautiful Ten Wheeler!

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/100_0076.jpg
Click Image to Resize

B+MNW21201
Former Member
  100_0088.jpg - 101878 Bytes
« Reply #143 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 3:27pm »

John Barden was on hand with his Tweetsie 2-6-0 Mogul. Anyone want to guess what fuels this locomotive? LOL

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/100_0088.jpg
Click Image to Resize

B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #144 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 3:38pm »

OFF TOPIC - SAFETY NOTE
A serious subject revealed itself during the meet however. One that most coal burning live steamers try to deal with and that is of unintentional fires. We ran all those days with only a couple very small trackside grass fires starting. But late in the afternoon on Saturday the reality of a fire hit home when just down the road from the BCRR a real brushfire was spotted and it quicly turned into a raging inferno that threatened homes and livestock of some of the nearby farms. No one is sure how this one started (not live steam related at all) but it serves to remind the rest of us how important it is to use screens and ashpans, desite how inconvenient they are to use. Many of the visitors to the BCRR were first hand witnesses at just how fast a brushfire can build and spread in dry conditions. Please use proper care to protect yourselves, equipment, track and property when running during the dry season.

« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2007, 3:39pm by BMNW21201 » Logged
pockets
Historian

« Reply #145 on: Mar 3rd, 2007, 6:31pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Thanks Bobby. I'm still wearing that grin. Boy, have I fluffed up! It's a good thing I build in 3-3/4" scale!

Bruce and John's engines are always a treat. John Barden'sentire train was a sight to behold. The picture of his engine, as nice as it is, doesn't do Tweetsie justice. And to see those cars, up close, is to learn a few things about technique. I have several notes, about them, that will find their way into my bench reference.

Bruce, et al, I'm prepared to be corrected on this next passage....Is it just coincidental that coal burning roads often had a place to clean the fires convenient to where they took water. Perhaps, when the tank needs water, the ash pan could stand a looksee. I realize that I'm thinking way above my pay grade, but it's just one on a long list of my character flaws.....

No offense intended,
Greg B.

« Last Edit: Mar 3rd, 2007, 6:32pm by pockets » Logged

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #146 on: Mar 5th, 2007, 6:04pm »

Nice pics Bobby. I tlooks like the 2-6-0 runs by gas or propane

Anthony

superberky1204
TRAINing
  DSC02693.jpg - 343658 Bytes
« Reply #147 on: Mar 6th, 2007, 1:52pm »

taken in 2004 with 29 freight cars at Dick McCmloys track in OH.Bruce,

I had a great time running on the BCR. It will be exciting there when the bridge gets finished.  .  

The mike gave me some more fits with the atomizer.  . All together 4 times I had to remove it to cleam out the microscopic particles trapped in the knozzle. I gave it a good physic at Largo. Put in about 4 ounces of CLR.  Thursday AM and Boy, did it foam. I drained it and gave it a boiler wash. Hopefully next time it will behave.

Hope all of you there are keeping warm. It was 13 this AM and Wednesday we will get up to 4 inches of the white stuff. After being in FL for 2 weeks it is hard coming back to this.  

Hope to see you on the track somewhere this year.

I will try to put up a photo.

Bruce in PA.

Image exceeds Forum display limit of 300000 bytes. (343658 bytes, 1280x960 pixels)

Click Here to View Image DSC02693.jpg - 343658 Bytes

Slipped_Eccentric
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #148 on: Mar 21st, 2007, 12:12am »

Hey guys,

My father and I both had a GREAT visit to the Buckingham Central!  I can't say enough about the generosity of Pete and Bruce and the rest of the gang down there.  I was also nice to meet up with some old friends and to get acquainted with some new ones.

This was the first chance I've had to run my engine in probably 6 years and considering how long it sat for it ran great.  Some minor tinkering was needed but thats just par for the course.  I did get some pictures taken and I'll try and get them posted up soon.

Once again thanks guys, it was a great end to my trek to Florida.

Expatriate Floridian in Pennsylvania.
B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #149 on: Mar 21st, 2007, 7:25am »

Justin, it was great having you and your Dad visit. It nice seeing you both again after so many years. Off hand, I think that you and your little American are the unofficial holders of the BCRR land speed record, LOL. For a tiny engine, that little bugger can really move! Take care, try not to wait another 10 years before visiting again OK?  
Bobby

moose_the_caboose
Historian

« Reply #150 on: Mar 21st, 2007, 8:17pm »

hey bobby,

fast is one thing....,but did they beat the heaton fireworks show?!

moose the caboose

on Mar 21st, 2007, 7:25am, B+MNW21201 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Justin, it was great having you and your Dad visit. It nice seeing you both again after so many years. Off hand, I think that you and your little American are the unofficial holders of the BCRR land speed record, LOL. For a tiny engine, that little bugger can really move! Take care, try not to wait another 10 years before visiting again OK?  
Bobby

Slipped_Eccentric
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #151 on: Mar 21st, 2007, 9:26pm »

Bobby, I can't make any promises as to when, but I definatly need to make the trip back again before too long.

I don't know about the land speed record, I don't think I can hold a candle to Mr. Heatons run that Bruce posted up!  I know I didn't have the spark show either.  It was nice to be able to open her up though, never really had the chance to before.  Was a little suprised how quick she could be though.

Expatriate Floridian in Pennsylvania.
B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #152 on: Mar 29th, 2007, 6:56am »

With the help of a friend with ACAD, I have finally gotten a track plan onto the BCRR web-site for all of those that have been asking for one.  

www.BuckinghamCentralRR.Com  

oh, I'm sorry, this was SPAM! LOL  

pockets
Historian

« Reply #153 on: Mar 29th, 2007, 10:02am »

RESPONSE to SPAM,
Thanks for the track plan, Bobby. I've been there twice and it still answered a couple of questions.

Nice shot of me, in the associate member's section...

Greg B.

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #154 on: Mar 29th, 2007, 1:15pm »

doh, my bad. Thanks for reminding me Greg, I gotta get that fixed.

TAB
Historian

« Reply #155 on: Mar 29th, 2007, 1:41pm »

Hey B+MNW21201…Thanks for that track plan. It really helps to put all the photos and videos into perspective. What an impressive undertaking…Tom

Moderator...Scratchbuilding and Kitbashing
dgmarklin
Historian

« Reply #156 on: Mar 31st, 2007, 4:46pm »

You gotta love autocad these days, so simple to draw out things, shoot, all the parts for my GE 44 are done in autocad.  Nice track plan.  Now all you need is a dispatcher with electric switches and signals and a tower onto of the barn    

Ok, only a thought...  

Dean
dgmarklin
Historian

« Reply #157 on: Apr 3rd, 2007, 5:31pm »

I was looking around on Google.com/maps  and looked at the BCRR, boy has it changed since this sat. photo..

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=+++North+Ft.+Myers,+FL&layer=&ie=UTF8&om=1&z=19&ll=26.751335,-81.808504&spn=0.001061,0.002669&t=h&iwloc=addr

Check out the yard and the wye..wow, this really shows how far this railroad has gotten.

Dean
B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #158 on: Apr 5th, 2007, 1:42pm »

Bruce is right, that has to be a very early aerial of the site. Notice all of the fences that have since been removed for ties and trestle bents. Also there are only 2 steaming bays and no patio  stone work in the steaming area. I agree it must b early 2005.

dgmarklin
Historian

« Reply #159 on: Apr 5th, 2007, 6:45pm »

Well, that sure shows how much has been done in two years, you guys sure too steam right along at track laying and bridge building

Dean
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ...  29 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »