Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Aug 16th, 2017, 11:50pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

The Buckingham Central Railroad
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   Live Steam and Ride on Scales
(Moderators: moose_the_caboose, Brian Tusin)
   The Buckingham Central Railroad
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...  29 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: The Buckingham Central Railroad  (Read 36761 times)
moose_the_caboose
Historian
Re: The Buckingham Central Railroad
  buckingham_central_rr_11-11-06_188.jpg - 91393 Bytes
« Reply #120 on: Nov 13th, 2006, 8:35pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

hi all!

meet pete and 'dog', well, 'dog' has a real name, but she answered to 'dog' (easier for me to remember).  i should be so easy going!  she rode just about every lap we made!

moose the caboose;D

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/buckingham_central_rr_11-11-06_188.jpg
Click Image to Resize

B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #121 on: Nov 14th, 2006, 11:45am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

That would be Diamond the railroad dog.  

George you old sneak, when did you get that shot of me? I make it a point to be the photographer just to keep my ugly mug off the forums!

« Last Edit: Nov 14th, 2006, 5:15pm by BMNW21201 » Logged
SteamHeaton
Historian

« Reply #122 on: Nov 14th, 2006, 3:56pm »

Hello , to all my friends in sw florida.  Bruce , after looking at all the great pictures of the certain Atlantic that does not  know it  only has  4 drivers. I can't decide which is bigger  the train you are pulling or your smile. That thing  looks great . I cannot wait to get back down there to shovel some coal and see all of you again. Pete, the  trestle is looking fantastic. take care Ray III

B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #123 on: Dec 27th, 2006, 1:40pm »

SPAM ALERT*SPAM ALERT

There is a great article in this months Live Steam magazine about the Buckingham Central RR!

Brian Masters did a great job!

B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #124 on: Jan 1st, 2007, 1:23am »

Happy New Year to all our friends!

pockets
Historian

« Reply #125 on: Jan 13th, 2007, 9:56pm »

Gang,
I had the distinct pleasure, today, of visiting the Buckingham Central. This is a pilgrimage I had longed to make.

I would like to extend my profound gratitude to Mr. Bialecki for his gracious hospitality.

These guys know how to hustle. During Moose's and my visit, a patio was build and most of the sub-grade for the trestle approach was put in. NO, there was no skimping on the quality of work. This gang doesn't know how to do shoddy work.

I walked up onto the trestle, to get a different perspective, and the view is beautiful. The woods, creek and railroad blend so well. Whether by design, or accident, the Lewis and Clark Division looks like it belongs.

Thank you and well done, Pete, Bruce, Bobby and the rest.

Greg B.

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #126 on: Jan 14th, 2007, 4:55pm »

Greg and George, it is always a treat having good people stop by. Greg, it was very nice to finally meet you in person.  

Saturday was very productive and there were many who lent a hand.

Pete, Bruce, Brian, Ben, Ron, Mario, Don, Jim, George, Greg and yours truly!  

Special thanks to Brian for the fine spagetti lunch! (all this and food too!) what better way to spend a Saturday?

« Last Edit: Jan 14th, 2007, 4:55pm by BMNW21201 » Logged
moose_the_caboose
Historian
  bcrr_1-12-07_005.jpg - 136504 Bytes
« Reply #127 on: Jan 18th, 2007, 7:10pm »

hi all,

okay, so i've been kind of quiet on this thread.  i did want to post a picture of someone who had a great time (besides me) on our last visit to the crazy workaholics on the bcrr.  we had a great time...me and guess who!?

enjoy,

moose the caboose

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/bcrr_1-12-07_005.jpg
Click Image to Resize

B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #128 on: Jan 28th, 2007, 8:50pm »

Got a quick update on track progress for today.

1) we pushed the Mohawk to the top of the trestle today and it went very well. there was no noticable movement at all. I was lucky enough to be the engineer on the diesel pushing it while Pete and Bruce wached from the (safety) ground  . Let me tell you it is an awesome ride and the view is fantastic.

2) The Wounded Knee section of the track by the front fence will now have to be re-named. Anyone that has riden on the track by the front fence knows what I am talking about. For those that don't. There was a section of track that came very close to the fence to the point that many have bumped elbows, knees and feet on the fence post. Well this weekend we moved the fence back 1 foot, giving us ample clearance and thus saving ourselves from needless bruises unless we choose to fall off the trestle and onto the neighbors fence......eh Bruce?

Peace all!

« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2007, 8:52pm by BMNW21201 » Logged
B+MNW21201
Former Member

« Reply #129 on: Feb 20th, 2007, 1:20pm »

Greg you will be happy to know that the Port-a-john was my only responsibilty. It was delivered last Friday and will be there until next Friday (a week from this coming friday) so we are prepared for your arrival.

pockets
Historian

« Reply #130 on: Feb 20th, 2007, 2:37pm »

Rob,
It wasn't me I was worried about. It was Mr. B.. If you want to put a wife right off allowing gatherings like this, let a dozen greasy, smokey Live Steamers start wandering through her home to find the can .

You have a ways to go, but you will reach an age.......

Greg B.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
B+MNW21201
Former Member
  nightrun.jpg - 27801 Bytes
« Reply #131 on: Feb 24th, 2007, 10:32pm »

WOW, what a great UN-meet we had at the BCRR. Over the past few days we have many Live Steamers visit and run. We even had a live steam boater stop by. What a great bunch of guys and gals. I never did learn all of the names of everyone but let me try to recap as much as I can here. The Steamers running included:

Duncan Herring - Pacific
Ray Heaton - Raritan (and a beautiful Mikado chassis which we all hope is finished by next year)
Bruce Saylor - Mikado
Dave Johnson - Ten Wheeler
John Barden - Mogul
Bob Dean - Northern
Bruce Raykiewicz - Atlantic
Pete Bialecki - Mohawk

Plus Dan Post with his steam powered boat.  

We had a very good group of Railfan.netters here aso. In addition to Bruce (Erie7597) and my self (B&MNW21201) we also had the privaledge of being visited by George (Moose the Caboose), Greg (Pockets),  Devon (ATSFfan), and Ray (SteamHeaton)

The trestle was a big hit, even though it is only half done. That did not stop anyone from running up it. At one point some crazy guys,I won't name names but their initials are Duncan, Bruce and Ray, triple headed up the trestle with a very long and heavy train..............AT NIGHT!!!!

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/nightrun.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2007, 11:00am by BMNW21201 » Logged
B+MNW21201
Former Member
  railfans.jpg - 136137 Bytes
« Reply #132 on: Feb 24th, 2007, 10:38pm »

Like most great railroads, the Buckingham Central is plagued by those pesky railfans! Here Bob Dean's Northern is strutting her stuff up the trestle in front of the paparrazzi!

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/railfans.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2007, 10:39pm by BMNW21201 » Logged
B+MNW21201
Former Member
  enginebayfriends.jpg - 94928 Bytes
« Reply #133 on: Feb 24th, 2007, 10:45pm »

Alas, as all good time have to come to an end, so too did our gathering. Here we see (L to R) Ray H., Bruce R., Devon, Pete, Duncan, and Ray S. cleaning up the engines prior to loading up. Notice the extra temporary steaming bays that had to be made to accomodate the number of engines.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LiveSteam/enginebayfriends.jpg
Click Image to Resize

anthonyd_SRR
Former Member

« Reply #134 on: Feb 25th, 2007, 11:06am »

AWSOME pics. It must of been fun to run at night

Anthony

pockets
Historian

« Reply #135 on: Feb 25th, 2007, 11:37am »

First, I want to thank the Bialecki family for their gracious hospitality. There was nothing more that could have been desired. Pete, Bruce, Bobby and Ron, through their untiring efforts made this invitational the PLACE TO BE in Florida, last week. If, for what ever reason, life intervenes and I am never able to return, I will treasure this week forever.

There was none of the "theme park" intensity of a formal meet, where you feel that you have to be everywhere at once, for fear that you'll miss something. The patio and the depot benches were popular gathering places where one could engage in protracted conversations. There was almost always at least one train, and usually several, making the rounds, for those that wanted to ride. It seems like we spent a lot of time eating delicious food.

Duncan Herring was there with his Pacific and two diesel outline locomotives. These three machines defy this humble scribe's ability to describe adequately. Maybe it's because I spent too much time fixing the real ones, but I'm not a diesel fan. Having said that, these are the finest running, looking and sounding replicas I have ever seen. Many people test drove these locomotives and nothing but raves were the result. The Pacific...OMG, yes, the Pacific.....I was dozing, on one of the depot benches (try THAT at a club meet), when Duncan came and roused me out. Next thing I know, my butt's on the tender and he's telling me that she's stoked and watered and all I have to do is pull the throttle! She's big, she's unGawdly powerful and I managed to avoid humiliating myself, too badly. Thank you, Duncan.

The next day, Bruce took time, from his busy schedule, to put me in the saddle of 7597. Yes, I have joined the distinguished list of those who have operated this legendary Atlantic. Thank you, my friend. I hope I didn't enbarass us, too much.

Ray Heaton's Raritan had everyone excited. This thing is a HOT ROD and he runs the beejeezus out of it.  Ray, if that Mike runs like the Raritan, it'll be "Katy bar the door!"

I will add to this aknowledgement, later, but I'm still pooped.....
Greg B.

livesteamsteve
Railfan

« Reply #136 on: Feb 25th, 2007, 9:55pm »

You guys at BCRR have done a fantastic job with what you have accomplished so far.  I wish you continued success with your RR and I hope to visit in the near future.  I wish 1/2 of our regular working members at PLS had the zest that you guys have for getting stuff done.  Fortunately, we have "northern" Bruce and a few others that motivate everyone.

Steve

Got Steam!!!
ATSF_railfan
Chaser

« Reply #137 on: Feb 25th, 2007, 10:39pm »

Yes, quite a day indeed.

I'm not going to be long winded (for one, I have a lot of homework to make up for my weekend railroading escapade!), but first, I must thank my gracious hosts down there at the BCRR. So thank you to Pete, Bruce, Bobby, Ron, and all the others who made it a memorable Saturday and a most worthwhile trip. The railroad was superb, the locomotives astounding, and the comraderie dumbfounding. Simply put.  

It was amazing to finally see what they've all been telling us about--and I can tell you that nothing, and I mean nothing does that railroad justice. The trestle--on top of the trackwork, bridges, station and everything else--is truly an engineering masterpiece.

I will say I'm a little disappointed that 7597 was not able to run on the day I was there, but there's always a next time and it didn't hinder my visit in the slightest.

I have a "round-the-railroad" engineer's point of view video from Duncan Herring's beautiful pair of diesels a.k.a. "lawnmowers", and a ride up the trestle, taken with my new video camera, so I'll try to get that edited and up on youtube in the next week or so.

Honestly, I can't say enough good things about what those guys have done at the Buckingham Central Railroad. Thank you Bruce... it was great seeing you again.

And hopefully you guys get a little rain down there so the trestle doesn't go up in flames.  

Thanks to Amtrak Prototype & Model for GIF's

Also, a large thank you to ErieAtlantic7597 who has done so much for me. Thanks Bruce!
dgmarklin
Historian

« Reply #138 on: Feb 26th, 2007, 6:16pm »

on Feb 24th, 2007, 10:45pm, B+MNW21201 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Alas, as all good time have to come to an end, so too did our gathering. Here we see (L to R) Ray H., Bruce R., Devon, Pete, Duncan, and Ray S. cleaning up the engines prior to loading up. Notice the extra temporary steaming bays that had to be made to accomodate the number of engines.

I was wondering how you were going to fit all those smokers on the bay line up.  Hope to be there next year....

Dean
pockets
Historian

« Reply #139 on: Mar 1st, 2007, 7:54am »

Yeah, and the guy with the light (the only one in the herd without a camera) was the last one out of the woods. Seems he had to kick some dirt on a couple of glowing coals There were some very full ashpans at the BCRR and that only comes from running!

Greg B.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...  29 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »