Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Aug 21st, 2017, 11:58am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Rochester meet-up
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Fallen Flags
   Lehigh Valley
(Moderators: Flemington Flyer, pontiac59, Charlie Ricker, LehighValley107)
   Rochester meet-up
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...  40 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Rochester meet-up  (Read 16285 times)
Matthew_L
Historian
View Profile  

Re: Rochester meet-up

« Reply #80 on: Mar 31st, 2011, 7:51pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

on Mar 31st, 2011, 10:19am, scottychaos wrote:       (Click here for original message)
oh yeah..I forgot to specifically mention in my "weather post" above:
if we are gathering votes, I also vote "yes, lets do it"..
weather doesnt look like a deal breaker to me..

Scot

Count me in. The precip won't last all day... so the weather is far from a blizzard or a washout. If I can survive 15 degrees and biting cold winds in Buffalo last week, Saturday will be fine.  

Best wishes to all,
Matthew L

moderator- D&H, Erie Lackawanna/Erie and LA&L/B&H/WNYP

P.S. All aboard for the last train to Hammondsport!
scottychaos
Historian

« Reply #81 on: Mar 31st, 2011, 10:09pm »

Looks like it is on then!  
see you all 10AM at the Manchester roundhouse!

Scot

Kendaia1
Historian

« Reply #82 on: Mar 31st, 2011, 11:59pm »

Change of plans- I was able to take care of business today and free up my Saturday, so I will see you in Manchester!  Looking forward to meeting everyone

alsorailfan
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #83 on: Apr 1st, 2011, 6:55am »

Got the day off so I'm in.  This am weather on Ch. 13 now calls for afternoon showers (maybe) which will be good timing as we should be at Industry then! Am still wearing my 'semi-winter' gear though in case of wind and that's the thin thermals.  

Chris

mtcg16
Historian

« Reply #84 on: Apr 1st, 2011, 10:18am »

Just a thought, anyone who has any pictures of the railroad from when it ran of the places we are going, if anyone has copies they want to sell, bring them along. I will buy them if I don't have them already!

Henry
Historian

« Reply #85 on: Apr 1st, 2011, 5:17pm »

I may not be able to make it. Tammy had surgery this week, but her recovery hasn't been as quick as expected. I won't know for sure until tomorrow morning, but I'll post here before 8 am if I am not going to be able to make it.

I have all my gear ready to go, camera batteries charged, GPS devices charged, DeLorme maps, scanner, etc. I just need to gas up the Trailblazer. If I can go...

Henry

BlackDiamondRR
Historian

« Reply #86 on: Apr 1st, 2011, 5:36pm »

It also looks like I won't be able to make the trek either, bummer! I was hoping for nicer weather by now so I could ride the bike. I am going next Saturday to Phelps to the 35th annual LV night at Guil Mack's. A 100  mile one way ride but taking the car and 1 guest so we'll split the gas cost.
   You guys have fun, post some pics.
 Bud

mtcg16
Historian

« Reply #87 on: Apr 1st, 2011, 6:37pm »

Weather was just updated here to 50's and partial sun, rain late in the day/evening according to channel 10 news

Matthew_L
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #88 on: Apr 1st, 2011, 8:44pm »

on Mar 31st, 2011, 11:59pm, Kendaia1 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Change of plans- I was able to take care of business today and free up my Saturday, so I will see you in Manchester!  Looking forward to meeting everyone

Please E-mail me your cell phone # (if you haven't done so already), so we can make sure nobody gets lost!  

The forecast is indeed looking (mostly) favorable for tomorrow.

Channel 13 is forecasting a high of 46 degrees. The morning will be partly cloudy, with increasing clouds and a 25% chance of a shower for the afternoon.  

Channel 8 isn't including rain in the forecast. They're forecasting partly cloudy skies and a high in the mid 40s.  

Either way, it will be a fun day. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Best wishes to all,
Matthew L

Henry
Historian

« Reply #89 on: Apr 2nd, 2011, 6:58am »

I need to stay with Tammy today. I hope you all have a great time! I want a full report and pictures!

Henry

mtcg16
Historian
  024_640x480.jpg - 238038 Bytes
« Reply #90 on: Apr 2nd, 2011, 5:03pm »

We all had a great time today, it was real nice meeting everyone. Here is a picture of the gang in front of 211.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LV/024_640x480.jpg
Click Image to Resize

scottychaos
Historian

« Reply #91 on: Apr 2nd, 2011, 5:32pm »

Great picture Mark!  
yes, it was a lot of fun!
nice to meet everyone in person for a change!
(after years of on-line chatting only, for most of us.)

I will have pics posted soon!  
Scot

mtcg16
Historian

« Reply #92 on: Apr 2nd, 2011, 8:04pm »

Thanks Scott, great meeting you and everyone else. It's nice meeting people that love the same stuff. Let me know when you post your pictures and don't forget to friend me on facebook. Keep in touch if you come across any LV stuff. Take care.

alsorailfan
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #93 on: Apr 3rd, 2011, 6:16pm »

Great outing! Thanks Matt for organizing this. Scot for the maps. Sorry I didn't get your name  who brought the pictures of before looks. John and Joe for the tour at RGVRR  Museum.  And to all of you making sure I didn't get too 'sidetracked'!

Use the thumbnail to scan through the pictures. Was going to have two album but Picassa gave me lots of problems today (lost all pictures, then it redownloaded it all, did self editing which I had to undo, etc.).  One of highlights and one of details... Sorry about that!

https://picasaweb.google.com/alsorailfan/4211LVRochesterMeetUp

Also if I made any errors in my captioning, let me know! Caught myself reversing directions a few times for example.

Hopefully we can do something like this again somewhere!

Enjoy!

Chris

rgvrr
Enthusiast
View Profile  

« Reply #94 on: Apr 3rd, 2011, 7:17pm »

here are some related photos etc:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jnos363/sets/72157623597966345/ Lots of other local stuff there too.

Here is the Lehigh Valley section I have been updating too:
http://www.wnyrails.org/railroads/lv/lv_home.htm

Nice meeting everyone.

John Stewart

« Last Edit: Apr 3rd, 2011, 7:58pm by rgvrr » Logged
Matthew_L
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #95 on: Apr 3rd, 2011, 7:34pm »

on Apr 3rd, 2011, 6:16pm, alsorailfan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Great outing! Thanks Matt for organizing this. Scot for the maps. Sorry I didn't get your name  who brought the pictures of before looks. John and Joe for the tour at RGVRR  Museum.  And to all of you making sure I didn't get too 'sidetracked'!

You're welcome! The gent who brought those cool pics is my friend Ken Gardner, who has posted here as ken_g. Mark has also known him a while.

A special thank you goes out to Scot, John and Joe for all they did in making our first meet-up a success. It was very much a team effort and we worked well together. To all who came, it was nice to see you. I look forward to our next meet-up.    

My pics will be coming later this week. The LV-related stuff will be in this thread and the non-LV stuff will be posted wherever appropriate.  

Speaking of our next meet-up, who would like to go out see Tifft and other LV-related locations in Buffalo?

Best wishes to all,
Matthew L

mtcg16
Historian

« Reply #96 on: Apr 3rd, 2011, 8:23pm »

Chris, it was great meeting you too! Please don't forget to e-mail me so I can send you some LV pictures and some of my train(The Edwards Train) Hope to see you again soon! Mark          on Apr 3rd, 2011, 6:16pm, alsorailfan wrote:       (Click here for original message)

Use the thumbnail to scan through the pictures. Was going to have two album but Picassa gave me lots of problems today (lost all pictures, then it redownloaded it all, did self editing which I had to undo, etc.).  One of highlights and one of details... Sorry about that!

https://picasaweb.google.com/alsorailfan/4211LVRochesterMeetUp

Also if I made any errors in my captioning, let me know! Caught myself reversing directions a few times for example.

Hopefully we can do something like this again somewhere!

Enjoy!

Chris

mtcg16
Historian

« Reply #97 on: Apr 3rd, 2011, 8:26pm »

John, Real nice meeting you. Don't forget to either friend me on Facebook or e-mail me so you can see my LV pictures. Hope to see you again soon!on Apr 3rd, 2011, 7:17pm, rgvrr wrote:       (Click here for original message)
here are some related photos etc:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jnos363/sets/72157623597966345/ Lots of other local stuff there too.

Here is the Lehigh Valley section I have been updating too:
http://www.wnyrails.org/railroads/lv/lv_home.htm

Nice meeting everyone.

John Stewart

Henry
Historian

« Reply #98 on: Apr 4th, 2011, 11:07am »

I'm glad you guys had a good time, I wish I had been able to make it.

on Apr 3rd, 2011, 7:34pm, Matthew_L wrote:       (Click here for original message)

8<---

Speaking of our next meet-up, who would like to go out see Tifft and other LV-related locations in Buffalo?

I'm up for it, anytime, even on short notice!

Henry

Kendaia1
Historian

« Reply #99 on: Apr 4th, 2011, 1:47pm »

It was great to meet all you guys, and spend time with people who share the same interests. Definitely was a good day! BTW I think they have done a GREAT  job with the Lehigh Valley Trail, and the site of Rochester Junction was Very Cool, I just wish I could have seen it back in the day. The 211 was also very cool... Have to make a trip back sometime this summer to take a ride!

Bob

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...  40 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »