Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Oct 21st, 2017, 8:55pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

LV Fan Roll Call
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Fallen Flags
   Lehigh Valley
(Moderators: Flemington Flyer, pontiac59, Charlie Ricker, LehighValley107)
   LV Fan Roll Call
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: LV Fan Roll Call  (Read 6895 times)
gfluck1
Historian
Re: LV Fan Roll Call

« Reply #120 on: Feb 18th, 2013, 6:21am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I guess better late than never, my name is Guy, I was born and raised in the Lehigh County, specifically Coopersburg and currently reside in Virginia Beach. As a kid watched hundreds of Reading freights roll thru Coopersburg and Hellertown (where my grandparents lived) on there way to Bethlehem Steel and the occasional RDC rolling toward Philadelphia.  

I received my first train set when I was in fifth grade, HO scale and built an empire (Great Northern) in my parentís basement. After enlisting in the Navy in 1983, rebuilt the empire in Groton, CT only to sale it off as I transferred to the West Coast in 1990. Funny thing about San Diego is that they have this huge model railroad museum (and if your ever there it is a MUST see), needless to say within days I was the proud owner of a new N scale set.

As I have stated in the past, I love to read, historical stuff on Pennsylvania industry and railroads, also spend way too much money on LVRR memorabilia, but it keeps out of trouble.  

Anyway I love the forums, great information, great history.

Thank you all for sharing your experiences and knowledge of my favorite road, the Lehigh Valley.

v/r

Guy

Charlie Ricker
Historian

« Reply #121 on: Feb 18th, 2013, 10:26am »

Definitely glad to have you on here, Guy. And thanks for all the goodies that you post--I enjoy the great information, I would have loved to see the way railroading was way back then.

Charlie

~Charlie Ricker

toptrain
Historian
View Profile  

Good_morning_coffee.jpg - 210919 Bytes
« Reply #122 on: Sep 19th, 2014, 7:25am »

Good Morning Everyone. I have LVRR on the viewing screen and my coffee and am ready to view what's going on. Have a nice day !
 frank

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/LV/Good_morning_coffee.jpg
Click Image to Resize

toptrain
" Its A Heck of A Day "
mtcg16
Historian

« Reply #123 on: Sep 19th, 2014, 5:38pm »

Enjoy, nothing beats looking at what once was on the good old Lehigh Valley!

Charlie Ricker
Historian

« Reply #124 on: Sep 20th, 2014, 7:24am »

on Sep 19th, 2014, 7:25am, toptrain wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Good Morning Everyone. I have LVRR on the viewing screen and my coffee and am ready to view what's going on. Have a nice day !
 frank

on Sep 19th, 2014, 5:38pm, mtcg16 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Enjoy, nothing beats looking at what once was on the good old Lehigh Valley!

Exactly right......I definitely enjoy a mug of hot coffee and reading through the forums each morning.    

Charlie

~Charlie Ricker

jmp883
Enthusiast

« Reply #125 on: Feb 24th, 2017, 7:21am »

So let's kick this thread up after a few years of being idle.  I've been on Railfan.net for few years now.  I'm 52 and live in northern NJ.  I was born, and grew up, in Sayre, PA so it's no surprise that the LV is one of my favorite railroads.  I also am a fan of the Erie Lackawanna and the Delaware & Hudson.  I model the LV, EL, D&H, and NYS&W in N-scale.

Amateur radio....the only REAL radio left in the world.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »