Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 25th, 2017, 12:24am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Do You Live In An L&HR Town?
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Fallen Flags
   Lehigh & Hudson River
(Moderators: Flemington Flyer, njvike, Charlie Ricker)
   Do You Live In An L&HR Town?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Do You Live In An L&HR Town?  (Read 1486 times)
njvike
Historian
Re: Do You Live In An L&HR Town?

« Reply #60 on: Apr 10th, 2006, 3:58pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Marty,

Great Pics.

mikesloane
TRAINing
  LHR/S_R.R._Freight_Depot_-_Painting_Completed_9-28-2005017.jpg (Note: Can't Find Attachment!)
« Reply #61 on: Mar 8th, 2007, 2:00pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I have lived in Allamuchy NJ for the last 38 years, and the old L&HR tracks run right through the middle of the township. After Conrail abandoned the tracks, the right of way was in private ownership. Now the right of way through the township is owned by the township, the county, and a private conservation group in coordination with NJ Green Acres. The township purchased the site of the old freight house, team track, and creamery and is in the process of restoring it. I also have a couple of images scanned from old shapshots showing a PRR box car on a panel track used for storage with another box car on the tem track, taken about 1970.

Mike

Woodsie
Former Member

« Reply #62 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 9:25pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

Hi Jim,         I just signed up today 1/13/08
I grew up in Franklin NJ and lived in the 4th house from the 'mine hill' track. It started at the N end of the NJZ yard and curved back S and ended a hundred feet higher and at teh timber shaft near the old open pit [famous as the Franklin mineral dump] I'm modeling the mine hill rr and the mine/mill complex ca 1949. No pix yet, probably later - after this week's knee replacement.
Woodsie

Pages: 1 2 3 4  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »