Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Aug 21st, 2017, 8:01pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Crowsnest Museum, Coleman, Alberta
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Physical Plant - Track, Structures and Signals
   Railroad Infrastructure
(Moderator: George_Harris)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Crowsnest Museum, Coleman, Alberta  (Read 74 times)
recon78
TRAINing
View Profile  

« on: Dec 4th, 2011, 1:31am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

I volunteer at a museum in the Crow'snest pass Ab Cdn. I have been made aware of blueprints, and hundreds of pictures of mining opertations from 1900 to the 1960's.

Copies of these photos can be requested, very few as of yet are on our website, I can only hope that will change.

Our situation.

We are very close to closing our doors unless we can generate more interest in what we have. Yes there is a small fee per copy plus postage and handling until I can convince the board of directors that the use of Paypal and the interest in these never before seen pictures will generate.

We also have very specific mine locomotives in our yard and area which you can photograph to your hearts content.

There are also actual buildings in various states of disrepair as well as lots of photos of the towns starting with it's founding.

This is not a spam message, just a vain attempt to keep the doors open so that these never seen before photos will not get locked away in some larger museum and forgotten as they have been for the last 100 years.

There are also some logging pictures with shays and shunting steam locomotives.

Please check out our website if any of this is of interest. You will have to dig down through the photo archive but what we have will wet your need for more I hope.

www.crowsnestmuseum.ca
or call 1 403 563 5434

Also there is a 4-8-2 mountain that comes through every spring and summer. The name on it is, Empress and I think her number is 4816. She runs from Calgary to Banff then down to Cranbrook, east through the Crow'snest to Lethbridge then back to Calgary. I am trying to get the exact times when she will be running and I will make it known to anyone who asks.

« Last Edit: Jul 17th, 2017, 8:47pm by George_Harris » Logged
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »