Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Oct 18th, 2017, 11:51pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

'HO Scale' Photo - 'IMG_9344_-_Copy.jpg'
HOScale/IMG_9344_-_Copy.jpg   Original: 750 by 562 pixels - Current: 750 by 562 - 100%
                          Try your mouse wheel too!

Re: Mauch Chunk PA     -   Response #4   -   Go to Post in Thread
Posted by toptrain in HO Scale on 07/11/17 at 20:01:10
'IMG_9344_-_Copy.jpg' 750x562 JPEG 199825 bytes

Look in this station link for photos of the station.
frank

http://forums.railfan.net/forums.cgi?board=Stations

As to a bridge crossing over the Lehigh, they were in the south end of our trip. First at Glen Onoko. then at the north end of the X-CNJ yard.  
When we pass over these bridges there wasn't much to see. On the first at Glen Onoko only the ridges could be seen. No up river or down river views. At the second. only downriver view. As to bridge supporting columns, not much to see. I was very tired and my but was also sore. All I want to do is get back to Jim Thorpe and my car after a stop in a Pub. At 71 years old it was a hard 26 mile ride for me. Sorry what you need is a trip to investigate just your needs. It can be done with a trip to Jim thorpe, then a ride as far north as the park road will take you. Both bridges are either at Glen Onoko and its parking lot or just south of it. going south you are on the west bank aproaching the Glen shortly after you cross back over back to the west bank.
* I wont be back there agan untill maybe St Patty's Day in March 2018 if i am still around.

I'll post some pictures here and in the next few post. This is the first trail crossover bridge  north of old town Mauch Chunk.
frank

here is a video I made overhanging the lehigh river at the CNJ Onoko tunnel opening. Supports for the second bridge are seen here.
 frank

https://www.flickr.com/photos/30431536@N03/35569045290/in/dateposted-public/