Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 22nd, 2017, 2:14am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Gantlet track in HO how to?
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   HO Scale
(Moderators: Lfire83, Henry, strasburg90)
   Gantlet track in HO how to?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Gantlet track in HO how to?  (Read 401 times)
rsmedude730
Railfan
View Profile  

Re: Gantlet track in HO how to?

« Reply #20 on: Oct 1st, 2007, 12:40am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Hey Tom,

I think you and are on the same page... maybe not in the mechanics of making it work but certainly on the same page...

this is something that is a while away I need to practice in just making the gauntlet let alone building my layout... I am looking probably 6 months down the line if not a little more unfortunately... for now I am just trying to get info and get an idea of what "trouble" i am looking at getting myself into with my brainy ideas LOL.

James

James Williams

Hamburg, PA
TAB
Historian

« Reply #21 on: Oct 3rd, 2007, 9:31am »

Hey James…Here is some more food for thought while you are in the planning stages.

The electronic control products I would recommend are those manufactured by Circuitron. I have been using their devices on one of my store layouts for 14 years without any problems. You will need two block detectors and two relays. The block detectors sense the presence of a train within a block and work the signals. The relays, which attach to the block detectors, control the power to the track.

The detector is triggered by two pairs of very inconspicuous, light sensitive photo cells. One pair is positioned between the rails at each end of the block. The shadow of the equipment moving over the cells actuates the detector. The device is bidirectional and will work even if a train is stopped in the block or reverses and backs out of the block.

The length of the block is determined by the longest train you intend to operate. The block has to be long enough for the train to fit within its limits. I would also suggest that you use two separate power packs, one for each route.

The specific products I suggest are # 5501, BD-1, Optical Detector and # 5604, ER-1, External Relay.

Have fun with your project…Tom

Moderator...Scratchbuilding and Kitbashing
toptrain
Historian
View Profile  

IMG_7099.jpg - 85003 Bytes
« Reply #22 on: Nov 20th, 2016, 7:56am »

Here is a manufactured Gauntlet Track. Made by UMPCO, Universal Model products, Philly PA.
 frank

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/HOScale/IMG_7099.jpg
Click Image to Resize

toptrain
" Its A Heck of A Day "
Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »