Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jun 25th, 2017, 8:26am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

what do you do in HO scale?
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   HO Scale
(Moderators: Lfire83, Henry, strasburg90)
   what do you do in HO scale?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...  19 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: what do you do in HO scale?  (Read 11658 times)
green_elite_cab
Historian
Re: what do you do in HO scale?

« Reply #80 on: May 31st, 2005, 5:26pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

are those brass?  i notice you have an interesting collection loaded with some neat stuff, i don't really see models of some of these trains you have. they are really nice .

are those MP54s on the left of that RDC?

Reading2124
Historian

« Reply #81 on: May 31st, 2005, 9:37pm »

Yes the stripes my dad put on there in the 80's. I have an atlas RS-3 # 485 in RDG , 2 FP-7s 904 and 907 and matching csrs. An AS-16 #549 , SW 1000 # 2617 , 2 c424's and a Maunta RDG  camelback its awesome its # is #1147 , oh and i have more RDC like 5 and 2 SD-45's # 7600 & 7602,

O scale READING WEAVER CRUSADER FOR SALE...ENGINE #118 (4-6-2) streamlined engine and cars (5) 900 $...private message for more details

RDG484
Former Member

« Reply #82 on: May 31st, 2005, 11:22pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

on May 31st, 2005, 5:26pm, green_elite_cab wrote:       (Click here for original message)
are those brass? i notice you have an interesting collection loaded with some neat stuff, i don't really see models of some of these trains you have. they are really nice .

are those MP54s on the left of that RDC?

Look at page 4, 6th response down for a zoom-out of the above RDC photo with the MP-54's next to them.  Those are Orion Brass PRSL MP-54's with trolley poles and third rail shoes.  The RDC's, as well as the Bullets, are also brass, all purchased from MTS Imports.

silver_champion
Historian

« Reply #83 on: Jul 17th, 2005, 9:06am »

My HO scale Eastern RR. is back in the 1950's east coast railroad. Es and Fs andGP7 rules the road.

towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #84 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 10:34am »

Who makes the best geep, for the money. Right now the new athearns look good, but anything else?

Railfan Safely, And always respect private property.
green_elite_cab
Historian

« Reply #85 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 10:56am »

what do you mean by geep? a geep can be anythign with a GP in front of it.  

athearn is good, but try atlas or  proto 2000.

« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2005, 10:56am by green_elite_cab » Logged

towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #86 on: Aug 9th, 2005, 11:25am »

any Gp really, I am modeling a short line in my basement, most of my power is of the sd type, older athearn, and the fleet which is about as old as i am. 25 is starting to act its age, to keep up with the 22'' radius curves i wanted to start a realistic replacement of power using Geeps, 30's 40's 50's etc. I only know athearn since i was a kid thats all ive had, but i know these days the quality of locomotives has improved alot so i just wanted to know who also makes good geeps, thanks for the advive on the proto ill look into that,

Spooler734
Historian

« Reply #87 on: Aug 16th, 2005, 4:46pm »

I model the Western Maryland......but latley ive been getting more Chessie System and CSX units. My new project is WMSR.

This year is the Western Maryland Scenic Railroads 25th anniversary! Plan your visit this 2013 season at www.wmsr.com
towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #88 on: Aug 23rd, 2005, 12:14pm »

Any body know how to get Bessemer and Lake Erie Decals, for HO?

IronHorse
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #89 on: Aug 23rd, 2005, 2:03pm »

Quote:
Any body know how to get Bessemer and Lake Erie Decals, for HO?

Unless you live near them and they have them at your LHS, try this.

1. Go here http://www.microscale.com/catalog_search.mv...search for the RR you want, and get the part number.

2. Then you can order the part number through the LHS or online, i have used http://www.internettrains.com - on the order form for microscale decals you type in the part number.

"On the Reading's Bethlehem Branch"
silver_champion
Historian
  DSC00084-2.jpg - 45476 Bytes
« Reply #90 on: Oct 9th, 2005, 6:52pm »

I modeling Mid Atlantic States in the 1950's My HO scale Eastern RR uses E8's,F7s,PAs and GG1s. Here is a picture of Eastern RR shop at Darby.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/HOScale/DSC00084-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

dinwitty
TRAINing

« Reply #91 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 6:38pm »

on Aug 24th, 2004, 12:13pm, Virginian wrote:       (Click here for original message)
End of steam on the N&W and Virginian.  Layout is on hold with basic benchwork and two mainline loops operational.  Been working on rolling stock and motive power.

looking for any info on those lines

http://www.qtm.net/~dinwitty/rr/rr1.html

visit here

going to do a combination of railroads which scan my hobby interests, basically as a general theme.."The Coal Routes"
as it will move coal and interchange between them all.

the lines involved...

N&W, Virginian, NYC, NKP, CSS&SB, CNS&M, IC, C&NW, BRofC
I have models for it all except electrified IC.
more lines might add as space permits and operationability to enhance the fun... 8-D

There wont be huge yards and so on, there may be only one serious yard which would be the Belt Railway of Chicago which would be a central sorter for all the lines.
Although each line would have really only a short run, a cheat
would allow continous running between all the lines.

Layout design is multi-level modular shelves, that can be disconnected for up close detail work. There will be none of what we know of the layout construction as we have been used to, its placed on max 18"x48" base (plywood/homoste) and a minimal framing support, as the shelves are supported by wall supports.
I tried a shelving system in an article in MR, but it was too wielding for faults, so I am sticking to easy basics.
The support will be able to fashion a kind of L-Girder construction support but with cookie cutter design mixed in.
Shelves will be C-Clamped to the wall supports and plug-wired between modules.
I decided to work a mix of DC and DCC because I have too much non-DC equipment, my only true DCC lokie is the BLI N&W 2-6-6-4. Other equipment I have to modify and not ready to do this.
Going DCC will be a slow and gradual process, but in time it will get there, but I will keep DC compatibility.

Lighting will have translucent plastic sheets with a grid of bulbs
so the sky will be fully lit above and be able to dim them for day/night. 12 volt bulbs. I studied 120vdc stuff and its just not there to do it. I can make a 12vdc dimmer much easier and controlled by computer or clock.

SuperbirdVHble
Chaser

« Reply #92 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 1:43pm »

I model the Bessemer & Lake Erie. I try to stay between 1975 to the present. I would show you guys some pics but I am going through a major motive power ugrade and a major layout change. (for the 4th time now) In other words, everything is a mess!!! LOL

-----Mr. SD38
"The Steel King"
bigblue
Chaser

« Reply #93 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 1:17pm »

I'm starting over....again. this time I'm going to do a present day B&O. I just can't deside if I want the panit scheme from the 50's or the post meger paint. But there will be a caboose at the end of the train.

K4s 1361
Railfan
  pcprr1361.jpg - 74577 Bytes
« Reply #94 on: Jan 26th, 2006, 10:26pm »

Modern U.S. Army and Mid twetieth Century Pennsy!

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/HOScale/pcprr1361.jpg
Click Image to Resize

I wish i was there when steam ruled the rails!!

The Brickleys from Germany Originals since 1750.
Transcon
Historian

« Reply #95 on: Jan 27th, 2006, 2:58pm »

Im modelling a fictional Southwest Desert scene during the early 50ies, with trains of Southern Pacific, Santa Fe, Union Pacific and Texas & Pacific.

Capt._Chesapeake
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #96 on: Feb 1st, 2006, 12:52am »

my current layout is only a 4x6 with three ovals (the inside two have an angled crossing). it consists of a bunch of old bachmann, mantua and tyco stuff my granddad had set up in his basement when i was a kid. i dug it out of storage and set it up for him at my place for the 2004 holidays. he passed right after easter '05 so it was a consolation that he got to see them one last time.  

my grand scheme is based on the roads that run from baltimore to philadelphia and i have been amassing atlas and walthers freight to that aim. i've got 49 cars at this point and five engines- two chessie gp7, two conrail gp40 and a lehigh rs11. timeline runs from my childhood in the seventies up to present day.

Capt._Chesapeake
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #97 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 3:39pm »

UPS just delivered my latest acquisitions: CSX  #172065 & #172625, NS #600931 & #600942. All of which are 60' Auto Parts Cars that will be making deliveries to the Chrysler or GM plants in Newark, DE.

petey
Former Member

« Reply #98 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 4:48pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

(Capt
Make sure you make those deliveries quickly, before the companies shut down those plants.  

Capt._Chesapeake
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #99 on: Feb 17th, 2006, 12:48am »

Crossed another one off the list today: C&O #488708 (60' Auto Parts Car)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...  19 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »