Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jul 26th, 2017, 10:53pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

what do you do in HO scale?
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Model Railroading
   HO Scale
(Moderators: Lfire83, Henry, strasburg90)
   what do you do in HO scale?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...  20 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: what do you do in HO scale?  (Read 11768 times)
neparailfan
TRAINing
Re: what do you do in HO scale?

« Reply #120 on: May 1st, 2007, 11:51am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Even though I live in PA, I am originally from NJ. I share your interest in NJ and it's loads of cantenary. I just started back into the hobby that I unwantedly abandoned years ago(almost 20). I plan on doing some PC, NYC, PRR, EL, Erie, CR, NJT, & Amtrak as well.

I used to live a stones throw from the Hoboken terminal and water front. I'd like to include some of that as well.

Scott

"No problem is too big or so great that it can't be run away from."

My favorite railroads:
PRR, Erie, EL, CNJ, NYC, Jersey Central, Penn Central, Conrail

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NEPAModelRailroadClub
joseph.ferris
TRAINing
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #121 on: Jun 17th, 2007, 12:36am »

I am currently in the prototype research phase of my next project, better known as armchair railroading.

I am planning a series of HO Scale modules from various locations along the old Erie Main, pre-Conrail transition.  I am hoping to figuratively "break ground" on the module framing in the next couple of weeks.

Modeling the Erie Lackawanna transition into Conrail along the old Erie Main through Orange County, New York.
Read along on my blog.
BNSFModelRRinTX
Enthusiast
  My_HO_Scale_DCC_Model_Railroad6_1.jpg - 142496 Bytes
« Reply #122 on: Jun 18th, 2007, 1:51am »

I model the BNSF in the late 1990s era.  I am wanting to start an Amtrak train being pulled by a Dash 8-32BHW in the red/blue/white/ and black scheme.  I am selling a BNSF Dash 8-40CW and would be willing to do a trade.  Here are my current locomotives:

Atlas-Gold Series BN MP15DC
Atlas-Gold Series BNSF Dash 8-40CWS (2)
Atlas-Gold Series ATSF Dash 8-40BW
Kato BNSF SD40-2 (snoot) with decoder
Athearn RTR BN SD40
Athearn RTR BN GP35 with decoder and ditch lights
Atlas Master Series BNSF GP38-2 (decoder equipped)

I want to upgrade my Atlas GP38-2, Athearn SD40 and Kato SD40-2 with ditch lights.  I unfortunately don't live in an area with a good hobby shop.  

~BNSF Model Railroader~

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/HOScale/My_HO_Scale_DCC_Model_Railroad6_1.jpg
Click Image to Resize

BNSFModelRRinTX, La Feria Texas
KCSFAN
TRAINing

« Reply #123 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 11:34am »

I'm starting to model KCS'S Vicksburg Sub from Gibsland,LA to Shreveport,LA. The railroads I'm going to model are KCS,BNSF,CSX,TFM,Lease companies,and NS.

KCSFAN
TRAINing

« Reply #124 on: Jun 24th, 2007, 11:50am »

I have not to many locomotives.I have a proto 2000 KCS SD50 and an Athearn KCS AC4400 and also an Athearn NS SD40-T custom.Last a ex-Union Pacific GP40.I'm working on getting more locomotives.

michael_earnest
TRAINing

« Reply #125 on: Jul 7th, 2007, 1:06am »

N & W on the blueridge, helpers, long coal drags, and passenger trains in the early 50's.

rgorski
TRAINing

« Reply #126 on: Jul 14th, 2007, 10:11pm »

I'm freelance modeling the Tamaqua area of Pennsylvania in the late 1940s to early 1950s era on my small, around 20' x 5', "L" shaped layout. My main industry is anthracite mining with the breaker and mine connected by a point to point narrow gauge (HOn30) branchline to bring the raw coal from the mine to the breaker for processing. The mainline is a freelanced interchange of the Lehigh and New England, Lehigh Valley, and Reading railroads.  

« Last Edit: Jul 14th, 2007, 10:13pm by rgorski » Logged
765 fan
Historian

« Reply #127 on: Jul 23rd, 2007, 7:40pm »

Not much right now.My Loco's are:

UP

C44-9W #9703
GP40 #866
4-8-4 #806(In The Shop)

CNW
GP20 #5826(Going to Be sold soon)

Conrail

SW1

Forest Central

O-4-O

And some rolling stock.

Head manager of the Chicagoland Railroad.

Pay attention to life, it will surprise you.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and make everyone wonder how the hell did you do that!?!
Colonial01
TRAINing

« Reply #128 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 4:41pm »

I model a freelanced coal hauler set in 1958 called the Pittsburgh, Lynchburg, and Maritime. Overall, it runs from Portsmouth, Virginia to Akron, Ohio via Lyncgburg Va and Pittsburgh Pa, passing through Virginia, West Virginia and Ohio to do so. The most recently modeled section was the Noelle Creek Branch in West Virginia, but it had to come down for a move. The new layout will either be a coal branch, or something in the tidewater Va area, a port perhaps, or maybe just a large engine terminal.

Railfan Entertainments
Historian

« Reply #129 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 3:09pm »

765 fan,

At least you have more then me. All I have is an ex-CSX, Maryland & Delaware Railroad F7A. She hauls whatever I put on her though.

Anyway,  
For me it's any time period with Pennsy and the Delmarva Peninsula. Pennsylvania's where I was born and Delmarva is where I was raised.

www.youtube.com/user/railfanentertainment
Colonial01
TRAINing
  106_0688.jpg - 55485 Bytes
« Reply #130 on: Jan 29th, 2008, 1:56am »

A bit of the PL&Ms Noelle Creek Branch...

PL&M C4 2-8-0 552 heads past the freight house at Doyle, West Virginia on her way to switch out Red Hill Mining Company's Tipple #7.

And that's what I did- a West Virginia coal branch.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/HOScale/106_0688.jpg
Click Image to Resize

kjohn
Historian

« Reply #131 on: Jan 30th, 2008, 3:03pm »

Along with a story I am writing, I will be modelling a sand and gravel operation, along with an engine rebuilding business scene.  My construction engineers are currently surveying the property and devising the blueprints.  (In other words, I am still in the "planning" stages, much interrupted by a serious renovating of my 59 year old house.)  Some of the motive power and rolling stock is ready, and is currently being leased to another gravel outfit.  (A series of cardboard boxes at my cabin.)  This layout won't be modelled after anywhere in particular, nor are the engines and rolling stock showing any particular heritage, with CP RAIL being one exception.  A heavy leaning toward First Generation diesel EMD and battered old hoppers will show.  The "correct police" will need their eyes pushed back into their sockets!!  

1st generation EMD preferred!!
Espee9180
Historian

« Reply #132 on: Jan 30th, 2008, 5:30pm »

I don't have a layout yet, not enough room for one. But one day I hope to model the Southern Pacific in 1993 on Donner Pass or Tennessee Pass. I have started to collect and store my rolling stock, locomotives, structures, and other basic supplies. The locomotives I have so far include two Southern Pacific Tunnel Motors and GP40. One DRGW GP40, and one SW1500 lettered for Southern Pacific. Also countless rolling stock and a few buildings.

« Last Edit: Jan 30th, 2008, 5:40pm by Espee9180 » Logged
EM-1
Historian

« Reply #133 on: Jun 26th, 2008, 10:09am »

Well, as my screen name says I'm a B&O fan.......So, I model the B&O and the Western Maryuland in the steam era. On and around Sand Patch. Some day I'd like to model the entire division of Sand Patch, currently, I don't have the space, BUT till then, I'll keep going on making the locomotives and rolling stock for when the time comes and I have a layout!

My locomotive roster is HUGE, so its way to many to list! (Unless I can figure out how to put up a URL of my database of locomotive collection.)

http://www.yellowstonetrainrepair.com/
Set of B&O GP-30's an train pass a set of Western Maryland GP-40's an train on Sand Patch.
BM_133
Former Member

« Reply #134 on: Jun 29th, 2008, 10:16am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify   Remove

The layout is based on the B&M (Boston&Maine) railroad. The time is back in the 50's or 60's. Then the layout in my room is a private line called Gilford&Montreal.

RailBuff666

View Profile  

« Reply #135 on: Feb 20th, 2009, 10:29pm »

I use to be a Northeastern Model Railroader New Haven New York Central PRR and B&O however I have decided to stick to one Road and am going to Model the Route of the Screaming Eagles  The Missouri Pacific. I recentley won a MOPac U-30-7 I think thats the Diesel Class. Anyway My Favorite Color is Blue and Missouri Pacific Sure had a Nice Blue Coat. The only other railroad i wanted to Model was the ACL since I live in Florida on the Gulf Coast But forget that I am sticking to the Route of the Screaming Eagles.

catch your train!!!!!
SR4501
Historian

« Reply #136 on: Jun 16th, 2009, 12:13pm »

My main interest is Norfolk Southern (1983-1989) that would allow me to run ex Southern and ex N+W equipment, along with of course #4501, #611, and #1218 (and of course any other visiting steam locomotive) in excursion service. That will be my future layout! Currently since I do not have a layout, I belong to and I am the current president of our train club (see link) and along with my girlfriend pretty much run just about anything that we like from modern prototype to non-prototype down there.

http://www.rvcmr.org

"I am the thoroughbred of steam- Born to run- Born to be free- Forgive them Lord, for they know not what they do!"
kalzone1
TRAINing

« Reply #137 on: Jun 16th, 2009, 1:07pm »

I model the northeast during the Penn Central/Conrail Era.

Jib228
Chaser

« Reply #138 on: Jun 22nd, 2009, 7:15pm »

I am planing an around the room type lay out. It will be a double track main line figure 8. The crossover will be a bridge over the main line. I will have 2 yards, a medium sized yard, and a small yard. The 2 track main line will allow me to run one train, while running another train between yards.

It will be a some what modern rail road. But there will be a steam restoration operation, meaning a at least 1 passenger train will be pulled by steam. It will be a freelance, private road, but will be based in mid Michigan in the fall, so CSX trains and the most colorful trees ever.

It will be a medium sized layout, built to allow at least 2 operators to run trains with out interfering with each other. It will be U shaped, and go over the head bard on my bed, as well as on side of my bed.

For track I will be reusing old code 100 track form my first layout, keeping my easy track for my holiday train. This should save me at least $100.

BUT, before I can start laying track, I need to finish cleaning up my room, and then rearrange every thing in my room. But once it is cleaned up, and i have the wood base in, I have a few plans for show casing the building of my rail road.

Once I finalize a track plan, yea right....once I have a good 90% track plan, I may post it.

If this inst on the HO boards, then some one threw the wrong turnout on me.
photoman475
Historian

« Reply #139 on: Sep 16th, 2009, 2:29pm »

I have been working towards a Northeast anthracite layout-primarily Leigh Valley, but with some of the others tossed in for variety.  The layout itself is what I call "proto-freelanced".  While it's based on the LV and other anthracite roads, it will not model a specific location, but be generic NE Pennsylvania.  Rolling stock & power will be correct for the late 1960s-early 1970s era, with some steam excursions always possible!

I've acquired some LV power, and will be repainting other pieces as needed.  I can't afford all the bells and whistles of DCC and sound and all that, so basic equipment is what I have.

The layout is a square, 11x11, with the center open and one duckunder, which I'm not fond of but have to have because of space.  It's under construction, and has a partial second level where the coal mines are located.  One three-track coal yard is in place on the upper level, and there will be a smaller general purpose yard on the lower level, with an engine house.  There is a possible addition that could be done for a larger yard on the lower level, but that is a long way off.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...  20 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »