Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jul 25th, 2017, 6:58am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Knox and Kane RR: Scrapped!
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regionals and Short Lines
   Short Lines
(Moderators: rob216, DNatureofDTrain, NS3360)
   Knox and Kane RR: Scrapped!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Knox and Kane RR: Scrapped!  (Read 13248 times)
pwbrp
TRAINing
Re: Knox and Kane RR: Liquidation Auction Oct. 10 & 11

« Reply #140 on: Oct 16th, 2008, 8:43pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

One open car (out of 2) was sold to a tourust railroad. I wonder if they will ship it out by truck or rail?  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  The Beaver-Lawrence Railway Historical Society who has annual caboose rides has purchased the single decker open car from Marienville. The plan is to ship the car out by truck, as has been everybodies plan in contact with me so far that intends to ship a car.
   The Beaver-Lawrence group has relocated B&O's UN Tower and has it mostly restored and is in the process of restoring the much larger West Pittsburg P&LE Station. Both structures are around New Castle, PA.

regards,,    George K.

thebigham
Historian

« Reply #141 on: Oct 17th, 2008, 10:34am »

The double decker open car was sold to this guy:

http://www.prrllc.com/projects_g29d_main.html

He's going to restore it to a gondola.

bluecapriethan
Railfan

« Reply #142 on: Oct 17th, 2008, 9:20pm »

Looks like the guy does really nice work with restorations. That will be cool to see the bi-level car get transformed back into a PRR gondola.

EMTRailfan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #143 on: Nov 3rd, 2008, 9:40pm »

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=258646&nseq=0
http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=256303&nseq=1

Above are links to the Geep and D&H Diner Car.

« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2008, 9:42pm by EMTRailfan » Logged

Choo-choos and whoo-whoos!!!
My Railpictures.net
My RRPA
My NON RR pics
thebigham
Historian

« Reply #144 on: Nov 20th, 2008, 3:40pm »

#38 has left the property. It is now in Claysburg, PA.

EMTRailfan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #145 on: Nov 21st, 2008, 7:53am »

I haven't been to Kane since I took the photos above, but reports are that things are getting cut up too.

The Mike is supposed to go out on 3 semis: tender on 1, wheels and frame on 1, and cab and boiler on the 3rd.

The RPO car in Marienville was on the other (RR south) side of the S. Forest St. crossing (on the siding) this morning when I came to work.  It was on the base of the wye Weds. morning when I left work.  The double decker, tank, and hopper are still on the main where they were during the auction.  It was too dark to tell if anything else was dug out and removed from the wye area.  Might go for a walk later  

My Railpictures.net
My RRPA
My NON RR pics
Ray Reter
Railfan

« Reply #146 on: Nov 21st, 2008, 12:39pm »

The K&K tie crane was purchased by one of the Stewartstown Railroad's stockholders. I understand it arrived, via truck, in Stewartstown yesterday (Thursday). -- Ray

EMTRailfan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #147 on: Nov 21st, 2008, 5:03pm »

on Nov 21st, 2008, 7:53am, EMTRailfan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
The RPO car in Marienville was on the other (RR south) side of the S. Forest St. crossing (on the siding) this morning when I came to work.  It was on the base of the wye Weds. morning when I left work.  The double decker, tank, and hopper are still on the main where they were during the auction.  It was too dark to tell if anything else was dug out and removed from the wye area.  Might go for a walk later  

Went for that walk, and everything else still seems to be where it was, unless I'm forgeting a piece.  The burnt cupola caboose, open car, and 2 or 3 coaches are still on the south leg of the wye.  Does anyone know of the orange RPO in Marienville was purchased for restoration or scrap?  Is she leaving in the near future?

My Railpictures.net
My RRPA
My NON RR pics
Ray Reter
Railfan
  Tie_Crane_by_Doug_Winemiller-2.jpg - 33049 Bytes
« Reply #148 on: Nov 22nd, 2008, 12:18am »

Here's the confirmation I received about the former Knox & Kane tie crane arriving on the Stewartstown Railroad on Thursday (11/20). Photo courtesy of Doug Winemiller.

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/GenShorts/Tie_Crane_by_Doug_Winemiller-2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2008, 8:44am by Ray Reter » Logged
thebigham
Historian

« Reply #149 on: Nov 25th, 2008, 8:59pm »

The Arcade & Attica bought a coach with bathrooms and it is now on the property.

mfptb425
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #150 on: Jan 9th, 2009, 1:00pm »

Well so heres what i understand happened since the auction

#38 is in Cumberland Maryland to get restored for Alan Maples (to be restored before 2-6-0 #11)

#58 is finally in Essex Getting ready for an overhaul to become an ex. New Haven class J Mike #3025

and Ping Pong #7002 is in North Java New York on Arcade and Attica Property getting ready to be added to the coach fleet as #313

http://forums.railfan.net/Images/Test/KKC3.gif
EMTRailfan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #151 on: Jan 10th, 2009, 8:47am »

Looks like cutting to begin soon in Marienville.  A couple of O2/acetyline tanks around, and John has been around town more lately.  I haven't been up to Kane since the weekend of the auction to see what's left.

My Railpictures.net
My RRPA
My NON RR pics
EMTRailfan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #152 on: Jan 13th, 2009, 8:35pm »

Knox and Kane coach #7031 (ex LIRR) is now a flat car.  Torch crews made short work of cutting this old girl up today.  It was at least a shell at 0700 when I reported for work this AM, and by 1630 she was gone.

A beney for this is that now the open car #604 will soon be accessible for transfer to The Beaver-Lawrence Railway Historical Society.

Someone had contacted me to shoot some pics of NYC 215 in hopes of saving it from the scrap heap.  I emailed them the pics, and haven't heard a thing since.  NYC 215 is next in line after #604.  It was the Whitewater Valley RR in Indiana, but I don't have the contact info anymore since I nuked it after I hadn't got a reply.  It might be in my Outlook at home.  We should see if the torches lacerate the old girl's body in the next few days, or if they work around it.  I'm not sure if there is another coach between it and the caboose, but that is it on the wye.  

The Penn View Mtn coach is on the lead into the engine house (untouched yet), and the tank, C&I hopper, and Pennsy Gon are on the main near the museum where they were for the auction.  The RPO was moved from the base of the WYE, to the siding down by the 3 above mentioned cars.

My Railpictures.net
My RRPA
My NON RR pics
thebigham
Historian

« Reply #153 on: Jan 26th, 2009, 1:38pm »

Thanks for the updates! Any pics?

EMTRailfan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #154 on: Feb 3rd, 2009, 10:48am »

Sorry, no pics.  Like I said, they made short work of it.  I only saw that it was gone while driving by to go on a call, or I prob. wouldn't have seen it until the next AM.  I've been away for 2 weeks.  Curious to get back up there tomorrow and see if anything else has changed.

My Railpictures.net
My RRPA
My NON RR pics
EMTRailfan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #155 on: Feb 7th, 2009, 12:41pm »

on Jan 13th, 2009, 8:35pm, EMTRailfan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
A beney for this is that now the open car #604 will soon be accessible for transfer to The Beaver-Lawrence Railway Historical Society.

Someone had contacted me to shoot some pics of NYC 215 in hopes of saving it from the scrap heap.  I emailed them the pics, and haven't heard a thing since.  NYC 215 is next in line after #604.  It was the Whitewater Valley RR in Indiana, but I don't have the contact info anymore since I nuked it after I hadn't got a reply.  It might be in my Outlook at home.  We should see if the torches lacerate the old girl's body in the next few days, or if they work around it.  I'm not sure if there is another coach between it and the caboose, but that is it on the wye.

NYC 215-COMPLETELY GONE!!!

Open car #604 is now moved to in the open near the engine house and Penn View Mtn. coach.

1 unknown 4 digit coach and the torched cupola caboose only left on the wye.  The 4 above mentioned cars near the roundhouse are still there.

My Railpictures.net
My RRPA
My NON RR pics
EMTRailfan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #156 on: Feb 11th, 2009, 12:13pm »

Well I finally had a trip up to Kane since the auction.  Understand that I was in the company billboard and it was dark, so didn't spend a lot of time and I probably missed at least one thing.  The only thing in plain view from RT6 are 2 coaches and a baggage car right at the station, and the Geep is still down over the hill.  I didn't see anything else.

Word has it that the Geep will be leaving on the A&E when that time comes.

My Railpictures.net
My RRPA
My NON RR pics
thebigham
Historian

« Reply #157 on: Feb 11th, 2009, 1:30pm »

Thanks for the updates!

EMTRailfan
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #158 on: Feb 19th, 2009, 9:13pm »

Wagon top box car that was being used for storage by the engine house is gone now.  

I'll be working another station next week.  We'll see what's gone when I come back the following Wed.

My Railpictures.net
My RRPA
My NON RR pics
thebigham
Historian

« Reply #159 on: Feb 23rd, 2009, 4:57pm »

It can be seen here in this pic:

http://naphotos.nerail.org/showpic/?photo=200808061418438791.jpg&order=byrail&page=3&key=Knox%20%26%20Kane

To the left of the picture, right in front of the brown enginehouse.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »