Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Mar 24th, 2017, 4:17pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Penn Eastern Rail Line
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regionals and Short Lines
   Short Lines
(Moderators: rob216, DNatureofDTrain, NS3360)
   Penn Eastern Rail Line
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Penn Eastern Rail Line  (Read 16944 times)
rob216
Historian
Re: Penn Eastern Rail Line
  S7300862.jpg - 86168 Bytes
« Reply #260 on: Feb 14th, 2010, 1:52pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (86168 bytes, 1024x768 pixels)

Click Here to View Image S7300862.jpg - 86168 Bytes

My opinion is just that, my opinion and in no way represents the company I work with.

Moderator: Short lines, Eastern Pennsylvania
rob216
Historian
  S7300864.jpg - 107677 Bytes
« Reply #261 on: Feb 14th, 2010, 1:53pm »

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (107677 bytes, 1024x768 pixels)

Click Here to View Image S7300864.jpg - 107677 Bytes

My opinion is just that, my opinion and in no way represents the company I work with.

alco9809
Railfan

« Reply #262 on: Apr 19th, 2010, 11:23am »

Hello all

got pics her from East Penn that i've taken so far this year

http://alco9809.rrpicturearchives.net/archivethumbs.aspx?id=54423

Steve

PVRX1
Chaser

« Reply #263 on: Apr 19th, 2010, 1:11pm »

Word has it that ESPN has acquired all three EMD GP18s from the New York Susquehanna & Western RR (1800, 1802, 1804).  The GP38 is said to have been sold to the North Shore RR.

NYS&W Technical & Historical Society was attempting to acquire at least one of the GP18s, but decided not to up their offer to that of ESPN's.

wrg113
Railfan

« Reply #264 on: Apr 19th, 2010, 3:47pm »

Any truth to the rumor that EPRY is purchasing the GP18's from Susquehanna? If so, where will they be utilized? Also, what is the future for RS1 #57? Haven't seen it running in quite some time.

Take my advice. Don't ever work at a Thomas event.
rob216
Historian
  S7300889.jpg - 265107 Bytes
« Reply #265 on: May 5th, 2010, 9:27pm »

on Apr 19th, 2010, 3:47pm, wrg113 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Any truth to the rumor that EPRY is purchasing the GP18's from Susquehanna? If so, where will they be utilized? Also, what is the future for RS1 #57? Haven't seen it running in quite some time.

Here is your answer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_1CTbLLzng

Image exceeds display size of 900 pixels wide. (265107 bytes, 1024x768 pixels)

Click Here to View Image S7300889.jpg - 265107 Bytes

« Last Edit: May 6th, 2010, 4:54pm by rob216 » Logged

alco9809
Railfan

« Reply #266 on: May 22nd, 2010, 9:19pm »

Hey, got some new video of east penn up from january/april

East Penn Evening Running part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtoAuhb63cs

EPRY 7811 Kennett-Pocopson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWzltuC731Q

Enjoy!

Steve

MrGP8
Chaser

« Reply #267 on: May 23rd, 2010, 4:07am »

Nice videos!! What will the 3 GP-18s replace?

rob216
Historian

« Reply #268 on: May 23rd, 2010, 2:05pm »

on May 23rd, 2010, 4:07am, MrGP8 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Nice videos!! What will the 3 GP-18s replace?

From what I have been told or heard, they will replace the 7874, 7811, and the 5114.

MrGP8
Chaser

« Reply #269 on: May 24th, 2010, 3:56am »

Doesnt this railroad still have the 2 Ex CR GP-10s? 7554 & 7557 or what ever their new #s are? What is wrong with the GEs?

rob216
Historian

« Reply #270 on: May 24th, 2010, 4:06pm »

We still do own the the 2 gp-10's.  Those two are busy working else where on other lines that we have.

MrGP8
Chaser

« Reply #271 on: May 25th, 2010, 4:04am »

Can any one please get any video action of the GP-10s in action? Many Thanks.

alco9809
Railfan

« Reply #272 on: May 26th, 2010, 2:38pm »

Hi all

Got a video here of the W&N line from back in the 80's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6JqzW-NrwE

More to come soon!

Steve

GP15nut
Chaser

« Reply #273 on: Nov 14th, 2010, 7:56pm »

In the November RAILPACE,the chester valley line is going to be abandon. Whats going to happen to the NW2, is it still there .

Fotaugrafee
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #274 on: Jan 20th, 2011, 10:14pm »

IIRC, they moved the x-PBNE SW7 to the Topton Line when the GE 50-ton was scrapped, and the x-Guilford GP7 was sold.

The Boyertown line has since changed hands, being operated by John Howell's "Gateway" group of shortlines based out of suburban Chicago.

It would be interesting to see where they send this.

The Quakertown line took a huge hit when GAF moved out of town, after the rather short insurgence of traffic they brought to the line.  I don't think the NW2 would offer much help to this or the Perkiomen branch.

The NW2 might be a good fit for the Bustleton Industrial operation, as last I knew they still (only) had the x-CR GP10 based there.

I don't know how well Bristol is fairing these days, but a 2nd unit wouldn't hurt.  Running around stuff at the end of the line was a complete pain in the butt when I worked for John.

Fotaugrafee
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #275 on: Jan 20th, 2011, 10:28pm »

John was a pretty awesome guy to work for, but the GE's were one of the qualms I have with any operation.

Most shortlines who purchased them in the past decade did so because of their price tag - they are junk...and cheap.

Rich Adam, the line's "CMO" (for lack of a better term) despised EMD products, which didn't help the situation any more.  He was all in favor of BLW / ALCO / GE on the EPRY and PRL.

Glad to see Mr. Sauer & Parker have brought some "sense" to the line.  Hopefully the GP18's meet their needs.  While I get all teary-eyed seeing the GE's from a railfan perspective, I much preferred the EMD's when working for John.  Granted, I was a north end guy and mostly saw the GP10's and switchers.

The only GE's I worked on regularly were the pair of B-boats on the Quakertown line when business was still good.  Still yet, John didn't want us taking too much tonnage up the hill b/c he was afraid of us burning out traction motors climbing the hill at Perkasie.  They were horrible to switch with, especially when blocking out my train at Telford (something my engineer couldn't comprehend, b/c I didn't want to air test it a 2nd time at Rock Hill).

Anyone know if Gary & Bryan are still working the LANO side?

rob216
Historian

« Reply #276 on: Jan 21st, 2011, 4:39pm »

on Jan 20th, 2011, 10:28pm, Fotaugrafee wrote:       (Click here for original message)
John was a pretty awesome guy to work for, but the GE's were one of the qualms I have with any operation.

Most shortlines who purchased them in the past decade did so because of their price tag - they are junk...and cheap.

Rich Adam, the line's "CMO" (for lack of a better term) despised EMD products, which didn't help the situation any more.  He was all in favor of BLW / ALCO / GE on the EPRY and PRL.

Glad to see Mr. Sauer & Parker have brought some "sense" to the line.  Hopefully the GP18's meet their needs.  While I get all teary-eyed seeing the GE's from a railfan perspective, I much preferred the EMD's when working for John.  Granted, I was a north end guy and mostly saw the GP10's and switchers.

The only GE's I worked on regularly were the pair of B-boats on the Quakertown line when business was still good.  Still yet, John didn't want us taking too much tonnage up the hill b/c he was afraid of us burning out traction motors climbing the hill at Perkasie.  They were horrible to switch with, especially when blocking out my train at Telford (something my engineer couldn't comprehend, b/c I didn't want to air test it a 2nd time at Rock Hill).

Anyone know if Gary & Bryan are still working the LANO side?

Gary still works the Lano side with onw of our newer guys who cam from NS when they did a bunch of cut backs a while ago.  Bryan works it on a few times when needed to.

GP15nut
Chaser

« Reply #277 on: Mar 14th, 2011, 2:16pm »

Today i was in bridgeport and there was a box car at the interchange on the chester valley branch. Is this a car that was stored there or are they shipping again.

Rob

alco9809
Railfan

« Reply #278 on: Jul 19th, 2011, 11:20am »

Got new video from East Penn.  
First, video in the snow from this past December
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnAcEP058uw

Early Spring Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IMXjI-1v90

And a rare catch from June of W&W power.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IMXjI-1v90

Steve Jr.

kennstation
Enthusiast

« Reply #279 on: Aug 20th, 2011, 8:08am »

I was up through the denver area recently. Looked like the weyerhaeuser siding hasn't been used in a while, as the weeds have taken over. Nothing at Four Seasons either... and, was I seeing things or may there have been a car at the very end of the line at what used to be Wickes Lumber?  It was hard to see for sure. What is the current level of activity here, anybody know? Thanks. Ken

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »