Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Aug 16th, 2017, 5:26pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Penn Eastern Rail Line
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regionals and Short Lines
   Short Lines
(Moderators: rob216, DNatureofDTrain, NS3360)
   Penn Eastern Rail Line
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...  15 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Penn Eastern Rail Line  (Read 17041 times)
prr9137
TRAINing
Re: Penn Eastern Rail Line

« Reply #20 on: Aug 25th, 2004, 9:19pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

Sorry it took so long to reply. The PRL crews can run any day, on any of the branches. We try to keep a set routine. There are times we run other days for hot cars. Customer sevice!   Don

The Scyther
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #21 on: Aug 25th, 2004, 11:11pm »

it's alright about the delay.

One day I shall be a Lighthouse Keeper on a small grassy island in a remote part of a sea in Heaven for eternity. Thankyou God for giving me that oppurtunity.

RN-16
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #22 on: Aug 26th, 2004, 1:36pm »

Ironton,
Did you grab any pics of the Perk Crew at Emmaus Junction?

-Jeff

The Scyther
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #23 on: Aug 26th, 2004, 3:30pm »

Ya i got many. Penn Eastern and NS were picking up and dropping off from each other. My favorite thing to see and capture pictures of is railroads interchanging with one another at the same time.

One day I shall be a Lighthouse Keeper on a small grassy island in a remote part of a sea in Heaven for eternity. Thankyou God for giving me that oppurtunity.

rob216
Historian

« Reply #24 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 10:23pm »

Does anoyone know of any more info about the PRL on the Octoraro line from Chadds Ford to Notthingham?  I read in some other forum that SEPTA sold them the linefor $30,000 I think.  Any ideas on what the times will be when they run it?  I know I saw 2206 (I think) coming out of Oxford with a few cars on it.  Any other info would be great.

« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:28pm by rob216 » Logged

My opinion is just that, my opinion and in no way represents the company I work with.

Moderator: Short lines, Eastern Pennsylvania
Conrail6707
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #25 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 11:00am »

Actually, I've heard from more than one person that the EPRY got it.

« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2004, 11:01am by Conrail6707 » Logged
NS3360
Historian
View Profile   WWW  

« Reply #26 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 1:46pm »

on Dec 15th, 2004, 11:00am, dougal wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Actually, I've heard from more than one person that the EPRY got it.

Same here

Moderates: Traction, ALCO, GVT Short Lines, Short Lines

rob216
Historian

« Reply #27 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:42pm »

Does anyone know where i can find there homepage for both of the rail?  I have looked before and have come up with nothing.

My opinion is just that, my opinion and in no way represents the company I work with.

Moderator: Short lines, Eastern Pennsylvania
RN-16
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #28 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 3:56pm »

I don't think either of the Railroads have a website.

-Jeff

prr9137
TRAINing

« Reply #29 on: Dec 28th, 2004, 10:36pm »

The PRL and EPRY are owned by the same guy. We did buy the Octoraro from septa. The 2206 is the power for the time being. We do not have a web page at this time.

The Scyther
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #30 on: Dec 29th, 2004, 5:35pm »

Because of broken windowa that have not been fixed yet, when was the last time that engine was run down in good old Quakertown that is sitting next to the old station.

The Scyther
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #31 on: Dec 30th, 2004, 12:48am »

I know there is a chemical place somewhere on the Perk branch. What other customers are on that branch as i haven't been down that way since the 6th last  
lunar eclipse.

prr9137
TRAINing

« Reply #32 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 7:27am »

The 57 has been out of service for 3 years. The unit is being worked on for its return to service. The Perk has 3 customers, Brown printing(rolls of paper), Bloomer chocolate(gets suger and ships out cocco butter in tanks), and Amstat Ind. (agrgts. of different flavors)   Don

The Scyther
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #33 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 10:48am »

Thanks alot Don, can't thank ya enough for helping me. Always great to find out info like that. Does the EPRY operate on a set day or when needed on the Q-Town branch. I know they have two customers in Q-Town but i forget who they were.
What are those customers and who are the others. Thanks

denjct
Historian
  57_-_2.jpg - 44615 Bytes
« Reply #34 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 3:05pm »

on Dec 31st, 2004, 7:27am, prr9137 wrote:       (Click here for original message)
The 57 has been out of service for 3 years. The unit is being worked on for its return to service. The Perk has 3 customers, Brown printing(rolls of paper), Bloomer chocolate(gets suger and ships out cocco butter in tanks), and Amstat Ind. (agrgts. of different flavors)   Don

This is a frame of a drive by video shooting somewhere near Reading, PA. Does anyone recognize the location? I'm transfering the video to DVD and I want to label it. Thanks

Dave

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/GenShorts/57_-_2.jpg
Click Image to Resize

denjct
Historian
  57_-_1.jpg - 46575 Bytes
« Reply #35 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 3:06pm »

Must have been 3 years ago.  

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/GenShorts/57_-_1.jpg
Click Image to Resize

The Scyther
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #36 on: Dec 31st, 2004, 3:32pm »

i believe that's the PRL line that goes south from Reading about 15 miles. Or it's the PRL's trackage rights that they have over a certain NS mainline i believe in Reading somewhere.

RN-16
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #37 on: Jan 1st, 2005, 1:34pm »

The PRL has trackage rights between Sinking Spring at about MP HP 64 of the Harrisburg Line and the NS Spring Street Yard in Reading, PA. They run for about 10 Miles into Spring Street Yard for Interchange and run on the symbol H03.  

The location of your photos look to be around the area of Sinking Spring and West Lawn. The towns run side by side and are sometimes hard to tell apart. Also, the #57 has since been placed out of service and has been for about the past 3 years. Looks like you were lucky enough to catch it on the rails.

-Jeff

« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2005, 1:37pm by RN-16 » Logged

prr9137
TRAINing

« Reply #38 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 6:59pm »

The 57 in the pictures above is not out of service, it was sent to Boyertown. We used it on that branch while repairs were made to the 52. We also have another 57 in Quakertown that is a RS-1, that unit has been out of service for about 3 years. In Q-town the train crews run as needed. There are 3 customers. GAF roofing in Q-town, Fibermark in Q-town, and Frisco in Telford

denjct
Historian

« Reply #39 on: Jan 6th, 2005, 7:07pm »

Thank you for all the info, gentlemen.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...  15 (last) ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »