Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Apr 30th, 2017, 3:19am
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

GE/EMD Loco Info/Specs Here For The Asking.
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Locomotives and Rolling Stock
   Diesel Locomotives
(Moderators: Lfire83, YeOldeEnjine, jdstew)
   GE/EMD Loco Info/Specs Here For The Asking.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: GE/EMD Loco Info/Specs Here For The Asking.  (Read 4376 times)
SD50_Fan
Historian
Re: GE/EMD Loco Info/Specs Here For The Asking.

« Reply #20 on: Mar 25th, 2005, 1:22pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

on Oct 22nd, 2004, 8:05pm, aXion23 wrote:       (Click here for original message)

I don't think Athearn made straight SD40-2's in SP. Here's an article that might clearup some confusion:http://espee.railfan.net/tunnel_motors.html (mid-way down the page, by Don Strack)

I could be wrong, but I think Athearn did offer an SD40-2 painted to represent SP's Olympic scheme SD40 but not in the standard scheme.  Speaking or RailPower/Athearn, any word yet on when Athearn is coming out with a straight SD40?

Just_Like_Trains
TRAINing

« Reply #21 on: Apr 10th, 2005, 1:52pm »

I know you have been inundated with questions, thankyou for you patience in answering them. I do have one though, SD90MAC oil capacity? Oil Type (if it mentions this) and the recommended service intervals for changing out the oil. I know the last one will be operating hours, but I've always been curious of this. Thanks!

towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #22 on: Aug 24th, 2005, 8:40am »

as far as the sd40t-2, the Bessemer and Lake Erie has a fleet of the SP units. Rebuilt and given the sd40t-3 classification. If you like the tunnel motors you need to check these out!!!!! Big Bright and Orange. Awsome looking units. I think they had a total of 12 rebuilt for them by Wabtec, but hurry and check them out. CN now owns the B&LE, and its only a matter of time before our canuck friends wipe out another part of americana . Stay in Canada! Athearn is making a set of the tunnels, great models, i bought the B&LE 904, runs great and looks really good on the layout, those to are going fast and i guess there will only be one run of them so get your hand on a tunnel while you can!!!

Railfan Safely, And always respect private property.
towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #23 on: Oct 20th, 2005, 4:57pm »

Is there a web sight that will list. Manufactor, model, years built, hp. for locos?

pockets
Historian

« Reply #24 on: Dec 28th, 2006, 1:29pm »

If this is off topic, I apologise. This, however seemed a good place to continue my quest. I'm looking for information, drawings etc. on the GE U6b, two foot gauge engine. I know that several were exported to Africa.

Thank you,
Greg B.

Mechanical engineers build weapons, whereas civil engineers build targets.

When the man at the door said," Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms", I, naturally assumed it was a delivery!
Lady_Railfan
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #25 on: Jan 22nd, 2007, 1:04pm »

I am looking for the build dates on the SW1400 series.  The loco info/spec book did not contain that model.  Thanks for your help!

« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2007, 1:05pm by Lady_Railfan » Logged
Triplex
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #26 on: Jan 22nd, 2007, 2:37pm »

Quote:
as far as the sd40t-2, the Bessemer and Lake Erie has a fleet of the SP units. Rebuilt and given the sd40t-3 classification.
I'm pretty sure those are rebuilt SD45T-2s. http://railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=149112 Note the three panels at the rear (with white spots).
Quote:
I am looking for the build dates on the SW1400 series.  The loco info/spec book did not contain that model.
I believe those were ICG rebuilds, not factory models.

Fan of late and early Conrail... also transition-era PRR, 70s Santa Fe, BN and SP, 70s-80s eastern CN, pre-merger-era UP, heavy electric operations in general, dieselized narrow gauge, modern EFVM and Brazilian railroads in general, transition-era DB and DR... why bother trying to list them all?
Lady_Railfan
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #27 on: Jan 22nd, 2007, 3:37pm »

on Jan 22nd, 2007, 2:37pm, Triplex wrote:       (Click here for original message)

I'm pretty sure those are rebuilt SD45T-2s. http://railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=149112 Note the three panels at the rear (with white spots).
 I believe those were ICG rebuilds, not factory models.

Thank you!

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #28 on: Jan 22nd, 2007, 8:43pm »

on Jan 22nd, 2007, 1:04pm, Lady_Railfan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
I am looking for the build dates on the SW1400 series.  The loco info/spec book did not contain that model.  Thanks for your help!
To add to what Triplex said, ICG did rebuild a number of switchers. Their #1300-1311 were called SW1300 to reflect the increase to 1300HP. They also made 1300B-1302B which were 1300HP calf units. They also made 82 SW14 units, #1400-1481. These were rebuilt switchers but they did not get an upgrade in HP. They were 1200HP units but they stood out because the cabs were built with an angled roof (sort of CF7ish).  The 1300 series units were done in the 1971-1975 time frame.  The 1400 series was done in the 1978-1981 time frame. I do not recall ICG building a "SW1400".  BTW, Diesel Locomotive Rosters, the 1982 issue by McDonald and Diesel Spotter's Guide Update by Pinkepank & Marre helped with this info.
CHESSIEMIKE

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Lady_Railfan
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #29 on: Jan 23rd, 2007, 8:26am »

I think I understand, but please correct me if not.  Here goes: the SW1400 is really a rebuilt SW1200 with an angled nose, same hp.  There is no record of ICG building them, but there is record that ICG built a total of 82 SW14's.  The build dates for SW1400 series was 1978 - 1982, but the builder is unknown(?).   Don't mean to beat a dead horse, but you guys know way more than me!   Thanks!

« Last Edit: Jan 23rd, 2007, 8:28am by Lady_Railfan » Logged
silver_champion
Historian

« Reply #30 on: Jan 23rd, 2007, 12:44pm »

Can anyone tell where I can get the specs for EMD's E&Fs.

RC
Chaser

« Reply #31 on: Jan 23rd, 2007, 12:55pm »

on Jan 23rd, 2007, 8:26am, Lady_Railfan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
IThere is no record of ICG building them, but there is record that ICG built a total of 82 SW14's.  The build dates for SW1400 series was 1978 - 1982, but the builder is unknown(?).  

In the "new" Extra 2200 South (after to move to Blaine WA) there was a roster series on the IC/ICG rebuilding program (GP8, GP10, SD20, SW14 etc) that included the rebuild dates.  I think back issues are available on their web site.

Triplex
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #32 on: Jan 23rd, 2007, 3:25pm »

I've seen the designations SW13 and SW1300 used interchangeably.

Fan of late and early Conrail... also transition-era PRR, 70s Santa Fe, BN and SP, 70s-80s eastern CN, pre-merger-era UP, heavy electric operations in general, dieselized narrow gauge, modern EFVM and Brazilian railroads in general, transition-era DB and DR... why bother trying to list them all?
RC
Chaser

« Reply #33 on: Jan 24th, 2007, 1:39pm »

Maybe the confusion comes from the numbering - SW13's were numbered in the 1300 series and SW14's were numbered in the 1400 series.

Lady_Railfan
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #34 on: Jan 24th, 2007, 1:56pm »

You were right - my confusion was coming from SW14 vs. SW1400.  Thank you CHESSIEMIKE, aXion, Triplex and RC for your resourcefulness and patience- you have all been very helpful.  Hopefully, my next question will be more interesting (and challenging).  Have a great rest of the week!

Triplex
Railfan
View Profile  

« Reply #35 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 8:22pm »

Quote:
Is there a web sight that will list. Manufactor, model, years built, hp. for locos?
Here are some sites I use for diesel locomotive statistics. (Note that there are some disrepancies between sources.)
http://www.thedieselshop.us/INDEXMOD.html Diesels from major manufacturers (note: lacks EMD page), lists every locomotive by owner. Up to date.
http://membrane.com/~elmer/rail/product.html Production totals from most manufacturers, to 1999.
http://www.trainweb.org/emdloco/modelsearch.htm Every EMD locomotive, includes original owners. Up to date.
http://www.trainweb.org/stlrailfanning/GEprostat.htm GE production totals, to 1989.
http://www.calclassic.com/alco/century.htm All Alco Century-series, with original owners and sometimes dispositions.
http://www.trainweb.org/greengoats/index.html Railpower Green Goats, includes owners. Up to date.

CHESSIEMIKE
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #36 on: Jan 25th, 2007, 9:22pm »

on Jan 24th, 2007, 1:56pm, Lady_Railfan wrote:       (Click here for original message)
You were right - my confusion was coming from SW14 vs. SW1400.  Thank you CHESSIEMIKE, aXion, Triplex and RC for your resourcefulness and patience- you have all been very helpful.  Hopefully, my next question will be more interesting (and challenging).  Have a great rest of the week!
Here is a link to a SW14:
http://www.rr-fallenflags.org/ic/ic1419aar.jpg
Sorry for the confusion.
CHESSIEMIKE

Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Lady_Railfan
TRAINing
View Profile  

« Reply #37 on: Jan 26th, 2007, 9:30am »

Please - no apologies!  And thank you for the photo of the SW14.  Wishing you a super weekend.  Lady_Railfan

towny72
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #38 on: Jan 31st, 2007, 8:47pm »

Looking for wheel sizes. Into N scale, modern power and ive noticed my 80macs, and 70macs have differnt wheel sizes, and thus run at differnt speeds, so befoer I purchase more motive power i am looking for a wheel size chart.  thanks

cnw4007
TRAINing
Re: GE/EMD Loco Info/Specs Here For The Asking. (f

« Reply #39 on: Feb 11th, 2007, 11:10pm »

FUEL TANKS !!!!    
They are going to be the death of me. Does anyone know the lengths of the different fuel tanks on the SD40-2's ?  I am doing Milwaukee, CNW and SOO units. I know the CNW is ok, but the Milw and Soo need to be shortened !!  But by how much ??   Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!

cnw4007@yahoo.com

Pages: 1 2 3  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »