Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Sep 20th, 2017, 4:23pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

The EHH Effect
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   North American Railroads
   CSX Discussion
(Moderators: BC_and_A_railway, XNJon, csxt602)
   The EHH Effect
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: The EHH Effect  (Read 115 times)
DubyaM
TRAINing
View Profile  

The EHH Effect

« on: Apr 2nd, 2017, 11:19am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

A neighbor of mine in Baltimore works for CSX as a building maintenance engineer and drives a company truck.  He typically leaves for work shortly after 6 a.m. and had been coming home anytime after 12:30.  Since EHH took over however he's been coming home at 3:15 p.m., still has the company truck though.

HwyHaulier
Historian
Re: The EHH Effect

« Reply #1 on: Apr 4th, 2017, 1:23pm »

DubbyaM - Lodge Members -

Hardly a surprise? It often happens when companies bring in new "Big Boss" types, with missions to get the companies  
into "...straighten up and fly right..." modes. The companies suddenly beset by "...fog of war..." mentalities.

Something of a group think among employees adopting "CYA" and "look busy" actions. Or, doing jobs in work to contract  
styles. Employee old timers suddenly end using all the various working shortcuts. Most all know how to do the jobs to the  
letter, and getting it done at known shift times.  ... FWIW ...

.....................  Vern  ........................

« Last Edit: Apr 4th, 2017, 1:25pm by HwyHaulier » Logged

Ticket Agent serving...Pacific Stage Lines...Washington State System...Mt. Hood Stages...Pickwick Stages...Transcontinental & Western Air Lines.... Admitted Gold Bug..... Observant Orthodox Mossback..... H.M.R.A.O. Curmudgeons......
George_Harris
Historian
Re: The EHH Effect

« Reply #2 on: Apr 4th, 2017, 11:45pm »

When I was a kid, one of my father's rules that he gave for taking action on something was, "when in doubt, don't" based on the concept that normally it was better to have done nothing than to have done the wrong thing, because you could easily be making the situation worse than it already is.

When I was in the army (drafted, not by choice) one of the points made for action in combat was, "do something, even if it is wrong"  The thought there, I am sure, is that if you screw up and get yourself killed, it will probably cause enough confusion that it will benefit those remaining, and one or a few people are always expendable.

It seems many times that when you get new top management or are in a company that is victim of a takeover that the new manager or takeover company operates on the second concept.  That is, it is better to be doing something even if you have no adequate picture of the situation and do something that totally screws things up, because all the grandstand coaches thing something should be done.  (Screwing things up is more times than not what happens.)

I refrain from any direct comment on what EHH has done or will do.

Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »