Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jan 18th, 2018, 5:21pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

new auto unload for CP in south edmonton
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   North American Railroads
   CP Discussion
(Moderators: Pyronova, kjohn, KootenayValleyRailway)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: new auto unload for CP in south edmonton  (Read 105 times)
Piglet
Historian

« on: Dec 5th, 2013, 1:51pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

They have built a new auto unloading area opposite Gateway Park (the visitor information place) in south Edmonton.  They have put in a second track along side the main from Black Mud Creek north to the unload.  It is at 90 degrees from the main and there are a lot of auto racks in the area right now.  Once the white stuff goes it could be an interesting watch from the ground.

we learn from the past
kjohn
Historian
Re: new auto unload for CP in south edmonton

« Reply #1 on: Dec 5th, 2013, 11:31pm »

Good info.  One time, while I was riding behind some nice old first generation diesels on my way to the West Coast, I overheard a guy telling a story about the Hyundai ship pulling into Vancouver with a few hundred new autos.  Several guys spent considerable time unloading these cars and parking them in a big lot.  When they were done, one clown brings a big box of keys and plunks it down.  They were supposed to leave the keys in the cars and a detail was to come along and record the key for each car and lock it.  Imagine trying to mate keys to cars when there are several hundred.....

1st generation EMD preferred!!
Piglet
Historian

« Reply #2 on: Jan 23rd, 2014, 1:09pm »

there are days you can't see into the new yard for all the racks sitting on the siding outside of it.  I saw a full train headed south the other day of nothing but racks.  Im amazed at how many cars CP is hauling into Edmonton considering CN has the yard out at Clover Bar as well.   For a few days an SD60 was sitting on the tracks at the yard throat which I guess they were using as a switcher.  Have been trying for a shot but with traffic its a bit hard.

we learn from the past
Piglet
Historian
  012.jpg - 410437 Bytes
« Reply #3 on: Feb 7th, 2014, 11:09am »

a shot from the highway of the new yard.  sorry about the slight blur but at least you get the idea anyway. winter highways and rigs don't give a smooth ride.

Image exceeds Forum display limit of 300000 bytes. (410437 bytes, 2048x1536 pixels)

Click Here to View Image 012.jpg - 410437 Bytes

« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2014, 11:11am by Piglet » Logged

we learn from the past
Pages: 1  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »