Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Jan 18th, 2018, 4:56pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

CP units at Scranton,PA
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   North American Railroads
   CP Discussion
(Moderators: Pyronova, kjohn, KootenayValleyRailway)
   CP units at Scranton,PA
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: CP units at Scranton,PA  (Read 768 times)
Mark J
Railfan
Re: CP units at Scranton,PA

« Reply #20 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 3:31am »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

9000 is the only SD40-2F that is painted in the two flags scheme.  On a side note, the 25 SD40-2F's when built in 1988 were the only power to be delivered in the CP Rail no multi mark paint scheme right from the factory.

trainboyh16-44
Chaser

« Reply #21 on: Jan 23rd, 2008, 1:25pm »

Not quite, 9022 was also painted in this scheme. You're right though, they were the only units delivered with A/NM.  
I think they might have looked nice with a beaver...

All FREDs are EOTs, but not all EOTs are FREDs
565fan
Historian

« Reply #22 on: Apr 17th, 2012, 2:06pm »

I happened to look outside my front window this morning and caught this view of a stack train waiting at the north end of Taylor yard.

Luckily the CP units are red.  I rarely get to see the trains so well. They normally run over night.  Thought I would try some "lazy rail-fanning and catch what was happening from home.

While waiting for this train to leave town, I noticed some lights on the move to the south.  I did not know this area was double tracked until local train D-11 pulled up alongside the stack train with about 6 covered hoppers.  I caught it too late to photograph the power.

It turns out the two trains were being made into one to head North out of Taylor.  Here, they are backing up the hoppers to meet the stacks.

Now they are moving.  Crossing Luzerne St. in the Bellevue section of town on a low bridge.

Skirting the edge of downtown Scranton passing the gas station/car wash and storage units that line Railroad Ave.

A really steep part of the climb out of Scranton is here, in the Mount Pleasant section, where a coal breaker once stood.  Brush cutting by the CP this past winter has cleared a lot of area for pacing shots along the North Scranton Expressway (US 11, PA 307)
More in the next post.

www.project3713.com

565fan
Historian

« Reply #23 on: Apr 17th, 2012, 2:28pm »

More of the train as it beats its way out of the Lackawanna River valley.  Now you see why they use so many units for a rather short train.

From this view, you can see the Delaware-Lackawanna / Steamtown mainline through downtown in the foreground. At one time, it was all DL&W coal territory.  

Yet another view, as the tracks come in line with the Expressway.  LOL if you see the billboard, it says "Flynn."  Is this a TRON reference?  

Last view.  The Delaware & Hudson / Canadian Pacific Mainline as seen from the DL&W train station, now the Radisson Hotel.

www.project3713.com

toptrain
Historian
View Profile  

cp_2929-5.jpg - 94691 Bytes
« Reply #24 on: Jun 17th, 2012, 1:37pm »

Steamtown is at Scranton Pa. How about photos of Canadians at Steamtown.

Here is photo taken yesterday 06-16-2012. It is of a Reading Type 4-4-4 knows as Jublee in Canada. CP Number 2929.
toptrain

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/CP/cp_2929-5.jpg
Click Image to Resize

« Last Edit: Jun 17th, 2012, 1:55pm by toptrain » Logged

toptrain
" Its A Heck of A Day "
toptrain
Historian
View Profile  

dlw_station_3.jpg - 64310 Bytes
« Reply #25 on: Jun 17th, 2012, 2:00pm »

The Lakawanna Station at Scraton Pa. The DL&W.
toptrain

http://Forums.Railfan.net/Images/CP/dlw_station_3.jpg
Click Image to Resize

toptrain
" Its A Heck of A Day "
Pyronova

View Profile  

« Reply #26 on: Jun 18th, 2012, 1:26am »

on Jun 17th, 2012, 1:37pm, toptrain wrote:       (Click here for original message)
Steamtown is at Scranton Pa. How about photos of Canadians at Steamtown.

Here is photo taken yesterday 06-16-2012. It is of a Reading Type 4-4-4 knows as Jublee in Canada. CP Number 2929.
toptrain

So sad.....

But at least she wasn't scrapped....  Still some chance of restoration maybe one day?

Moderator of: Mainline - Rail Safety; Regional Areas - British Columbia & Vancouver Island; Fallen Flags - The Milwaukee Road; & Model Railroading - N-Scale .

Pages: 1 2  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »