Railfan.net Home Railfan Photos ABPR Archives Staff Safari Photos Railfan Links

Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums Railfan.net Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please Sign In or Register. Nov 17th, 2017, 5:55pm
Categories •  FastIndex •  LongIndex •  Help •  Search •  Members  •  Sign In •  Register

Finger Lakes Railway
   Railfan.net Web Forums
   Regional Area Operations
   Central New York
(Moderators: pontiac59, The_Swede, toddsyr)
   Finger Lakes Railway
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint
   Author  Topic: Finger Lakes Railway  (Read 13612 times)
Matthew_L
Historian
View Profile  

Re: Finger Lakes Railway

« Reply #680 on: Jun 30th, 2017, 10:49pm »
Quick-Jump   Reply w/Quote   Modify

The following day was another smorgasbord from FGLK. Chasing HW2 dominated the morning and early afternoon.

Working the transfer yard in Himrod:

Southbound at State Route 14 in Starkey:

Switching at US Salt in Reading:

The engineer parked #1989 on the spur near a MOW critter, and the train was done for the day at Watkins Glen:

Heading back to Birder City, I signed a release and was able to catch this leased switcher parked in the yard:

Leased SD38-2 at Border City:  

The rest of the afternoon was spent chasing GC2.

Sitting next to city hall in Canandaigua, waiting for clearance to cross main Street:

heading east at Route 96 in Phelps:

For the rest of my shots of HW2, the yard and GC2, please visit this slide show:  

http://s857.photobucket.com/user/Erielackawanna/slideshow/2017/June%202017/0623%20FGLK

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Friday 6/23/2017 in central NY. A big thank you goes out to the employees of the Finger Lakes Railway for their professionalism and friendliness.  

« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2017, 7:44pm by Matthew_L » Logged

Best wishes to all,
Matthew L

moderator- D&H, Erie Lackawanna/Erie and LA&L/B&H/WNYP

P.S. All aboard for the last train to Hammondsport!
Matthew_L
Historian
View Profile  

« Reply #681 on: Oct 23rd, 2017, 7:45pm »

Here's a colorful flashback from chasing Finger Lakes Railway 5 years ago.  

Road freight GS2 working the yard in Border City -as seen from Border City Road:

Former Conrail B23-7 had recently come back home to former Conrail territory, and was sitting behind behind the shop in Border City:

Road freight GS2 at Brewer Rd in Waterloo:

Form a complete look at the chase, please visit this album:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/32990771@N04/sets/72157689577936726

All photos in this post and the link were taken by me Friday 10/12/2012 in upstate NY. These shots are part of the ongoing project to move from Photobucket to Flickr.

« Last Edit: Oct 23rd, 2017, 7:46pm by Matthew_L » Logged

Best wishes to all,
Matthew L

moderator- D&H, Erie Lackawanna/Erie and LA&L/B&H/WNYP

P.S. All aboard for the last train to Hammondsport!
toddsyr

View Profile  

« Reply #682 on: Oct 23rd, 2017, 9:07pm »

"Road freight GS2 working the yard in Border City..."

I was in Auburn this afternoon and got caught in traffic while they switched the yard there. I was on York Street at Route 34. LOTS of gondolas and a tank car went back and forth.  

I think I was the only one who didn't mind being stuck there. I was getting paid and watching trains.

Things may not have taken so long if it weren't for the motorist who stopped BETWEEN the crossing gates when they came down the second time. The engineer blew the horn several times but the car just sat there. Finally the engineer saw that he could proceed without hitting the automobile and did so.

Todd K Stearns

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35  ReplyReply     EMail TopicEMail Topic   PrintPrint

« Previous topic | Next topic »